ESPN Talking heads and ROTY Discussion

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
This is funny. RW is an athletic QB as well yet he isnt Michael Vick like lol. Rg3 is atheltic yet he's another gimick QB or Michael Vick. A gimick qb back who statistically outclasses RW is everyway except total TD, and he;s only two back from that despite missing 1.5 games.

Every analyst on T or websites has said that Rg3 is more Steve Young than Rg3...but you guys know best since you all have access to coaches film.

This topic is funny.

HansGruber

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":36hdwd8k said:
This is funny. RW is an athletic QB as well yet he isnt Michael Vick like lol. Rg3 is atheltic yet he's another gimick QB or Michael Vick. A gimick qb back who statistically outclasses RW is everyway except total TD, and he;s only two back from that despite missing 1.5 games.

Every analyst on T or websites has said that Rg3 is more Steve Young than Rg3...but you guys know best since you all have access to coaches film.

This topic is funny.

What's funny is all the Redskins fans digging their heads into the sand while their "star" QB gets himself injured in his first season and can't even start when they need him most (during a "playoff run" in the softest weakest division in the NFL).

I'm wondering if you plan on showing up here Monday, and if you'll be man enough to eat your crow after Seattle ends your postseason dreams for the third straight time. Seems like we start every postseason with a stomping of some pathetic NFC Least team like the Skins or Girls.

Griffin will be facing a tougher defense than he's seen this entire season, and I can't wait to watch him take off running and meet one of our Legion of Boom head-to-head. Hell, I can't wait to watch him drop back and meet Irvin or Clemons and pull his typical fumble routine. He won't be as lucky with our ball-hawks getting those back.

The Legion of Boom WANTS you to keep running. They like to hit people. Gronk, Witten and Vernon Davis can attest. They like to shell-shock your team's biggest players, get 'em scared and hearing things. A running QB? Oooooh, that's like candy in a fat camp. Trust me, you don't want to be that candy when the big kids come running.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
I can't wait for the first time Kamtrak puts his shoulder into RG3's sternum and cartwheels him into next season. Run at your own risk Bob.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Someone needs to remind Griffin that the same rules apply to a running QB that apply to a RB. Head shots are legal.

I'm not wishing injury on anyone and I personally don't want to see it. I literally cringe when I see those hits, but it's a reality in the NFL and it's already happened once this season. With the way Griffin runs, it's a real concern. Someone on that coaching staff needs to get in his ear.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
HansGruber":2lmxv4x9 said:
Someone needs to remind Griffin that the same rules apply to a running QB that apply to a RB. Head shots are legal.

I'm not wishing injury on anyone and I personally don't want to see it. I literally cringe when I see those hits, but it's a reality in the NFL and it's already happened once this season. With the way Griffin runs, it's a real concern. Someone on that coaching staff needs to get in his ear.

Yeah and we have LB's that can actually run with him...he's putting his career in jeopardy every time he keeps it on the read option, or tucks it to scramble...

Uffda

Reaction score
But ..but.. but ...Luck has all those comeback wins.....

Though... he had to, to make up for all those damn int's he keeps throwing. They never mention that.

RGIII, didn't play every game this season, was hurt, has been hurt in his knees in college also.

They don't seem to notice that either.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I know this will not be a popular opinion but RG3 should get the nod for ROTY. Like him or not he is having a great year. He has better all around stats and no one was picking the skins to make playoffs either. There I said it. Easy with the pitchforks. With that said I would rather have RW as a franchise QB. He is a better pocket passer and KNOW WHEN TO SLIDE. RG3 has proven that he will get hurt frequently. I want a QB that will be playing not sitting on the sideline. IMHO pure running quarterbacks don't win super bowls. RW is a throw first type quarterback with some great wheels for elusiveness. That is what wins long term. So while RG3 is having a great YEAR, RW is having a great start to a great CAREER. GO HAWKS.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1roxzrer said:
I know this will not be a popular opinion but RG3 should get the nod for ROTY. Like him or not he is having a great year. He has better all around stats and no one was picking the skins to make playoffs either. There I said it. Easy with the pitchforks. With that said I would rather have RW as a franchise QB. He is a better pocket passer and KNOW WHEN TO SLIDE. RG3 has proven that he will get hurt frequently. I want a QB that will be playing not sitting on the sideline. IMHO pure running quarterbacks don't win super bowls. RW is a throw first type quarterback with some great wheels for elusiveness. That is what wins long term. So while RG3 is having a great YEAR, RW is having a great start to a great CAREER. GO HAWKS.
actually, RG3 and Wilson have almost identical stats with Wilson having more total TDs. If anything, I wouldn't complain if they were co-OROY.

Just sayin!

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
All that talk about Husky D vs RGIII reminded me of a very young Oregon Ducks D beating up on Luck last year. Luck threw fsomething like 256 yards and three touchdowns with two interceptions and a fumble. If I remember correctly most of those yards where towards the end of the game when the Ducks had a 20+ point lead. Pretty much what I am getting at is, Luck is good but not all of what the talking heads make him out to be. Wait till next year when everyone has him figured out. Out of all three young QB's, I'm predicting Luck to have the sophmore slump more then anyone else.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":19hk0fg3 said:

This topic is funny.
Umm...what?! :34853_doh:

Wilson is an athletic QB, RG3 is an athlete playing QB.

Why not try watching Wilson before you spout off about his stats being inferior to RG3 and you will realize that stats don't matter. Wilson wasn't allowed to throw the ball until week 8 and he's not that far behing RG3 in any stat other than rushing yards, which you can have. I would much rather Wilson throw the ball and stay protected than run and get his knee jacked up (see: RG3). RG3 isn't a gimmick QB, imo. But his stats come from screen passes. The only thing he has to do is watch LBers. After the ball gets hiked, he either hands it off, throws a screen or throws it deep. OR he will take off running the second his first option isn't available. He's good and he's going to get better but he's not as advanced as Wilson.

The inferiority complex of Redskins fans is what's really funny. They come onto our boards to trash our 3rd round QB. Hmmm...I wonder if they would rather be in our position? Use just 1 3rd round draft pick for a franchise QB or sacrifice 3 drafts for one...?

Oh well, they will soon see how good of a QB Wilson really is. They can look at his stats page until they are blue in the face and won't realize how advanced this kid at the QB position until they see him carve up their D on Sunday.

youngchew

Reaction score
ROTY should be between Wilson and RG3. Luck has done very well this season, and I enjoy watching him play. But I'm sorry, a QB who leads the league in turnovers shoulnd't get ROTY honors.

Wilson has been very good this year, but outside of his MONSTER December, he's been good but not elite. RG3 is ahead of Wilson in every single statistical category. RG3 is better than Wilson in QB rating, Passer rating, total passing yards, total rushing yards, Completion percentage, average yards per pass, and TD/INT ratio. There is not a single QB stat where Wilson is better than RG3. That's not my opinion, that's a fact. see all the stats for yourselves... http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/playe ... asontype/2

And unlike Andrew Luck fans who argue that RG3 benefits from a strong running game, seattle can't can't say that, because they've got Marshawn Lynch, the 2nd best running back in the NFL. Seahawks lead the NFL in rushing attempts, with 56% of their offensive plays being runs.

In no way am I downing Wilson at all, in fact he's been my favorite QB to watch this year outside of RG3 and Payton Manning. But RG3 has been consistent all year, where as Wilson didn't get red hot until December.

If you set aside your Seahawks fanboyism, and if I put down my Redskins fanboyism, and together we just look at raw stats and productivity, RG3 has had a slightly better season than Wilson. I wish Wilson, Luck, and RG3 the best of luck in their careers. But RG3 has been the best of the 3 in this their rookie season.

SkinsFan46

Reaction score
If you were to put RW or RGIII in Indy, do you think either one of them have the type of seasons they are having? Not likely. Both of these QBs benefit from having great rushing attacks and that takes a ton of pressure off a young QB.

I'll take RGIII over RW any day of the week, but I would give my nod to OROY (offensive rookie of year) to RW or Alfred Morris. Why? Because quite simply RGIII hasn't finished 2 games this season due to injury and sat out a complete game. The Redskins have shown that they can win without RGIII, but what they haven't shown is they can win without Alfred Morris. This rookie RB has broken Clinton Portis franchise record for most yards in a season, and finished second in the NFL in rushing yards. How in the hell did this guy not make the pro-bowl?....lol

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":36oagq9r said:
rdskns4eva":36oagq9r said:

This topic is funny.

Why not try watching Wilson before you spout off about his stats being inferior to RG3 and you will realize that stats don't matter. Wilson wasn't allowed to throw the ball until week 8 and he's not that far behing RG3 in any stat other than rushing yards, which you can have. I would much rather Wilson throw the ball and stay protected than run and get his knee jacked up (see: RG3). RG3 isn't a gimmick QB, imo. But his stats come from screen passes. The only thing he has to do is watch LBers. After the ball gets hiked, he either hands it off, throws a screen or throws it deep. OR he will take off running the second his first option isn't available. He's good and he's going to get better but he's not as advanced as Wilson.

The inferiority complex of Redskins fans is what's really funny. They come onto our boards to trash our 3rd round QB. Hmmm...I wonder if they would rather be in our position? Use just 1 3rd round draft pick for a franchise QB or sacrifice 3 drafts for one...?

Oh well, they will soon see how good of a QB Wilson really is. They can look at his stats page until they are blue in the face and won't realize how advanced this kid at the QB position until they see him carve up their D on Sunday.

Thats why this is so misinformed. EVerybody says that RG3 is a pocket passer first. EVERYBODY. I havent heard one media person say that RG3 is a Vick clone. Most say he is closer to Steve Young. This isnt Michael Vick. RG3 can pass the ball. He's had two games this year where he was 50% or worse in passing. TWO! He had 11 where is was 60% or better and he had 9 where he was 65% or better. I dont care what kind of offense you run, that is impressive. Vick wishes he had those stats.

And Im not downing RW, but you guys keep saying thtat RG3 is another Vick. Really? Go back and look at Vicks stats in his first and second year. It's night and day. And again, Rg3 overall stats are better than RW despite missing 1.5 games.

Rg3 has proven this year that he can runa traditinal offense. Go back and look at the second eagles game when he ran a grand total of two times. You guys act Like RG3 is carrying the ball 10 times a game. Early in the year he was running alot, but during this 7 game win streak, he's been a pocket passer. He only runs the ball about 4 times on called runs and bout 2 on scrambles.

And he can read defenses but as Trent Dilfer said, the Redskins are the best team in the NFL at getting their primary WR open consistently. What is the point of scanning the field when your primary is wide open? There is no point. Get the ball out quickly, move on to the next play.

youngchew

Reaction score
SkinsFan46":2501j1zh said:
If you were to put RW or RGIII in Indy, do you think either one of them have the type of seasons they are having? Not likely. Both of these QBs benefit from having great rushing attacks and that takes a ton of pressure off a young QB.

I'll take RGIII over RW any day of the week, but I would give my nod to OROY (offensive rookie of year) to RW or Alfred Morris. Why? Because quite simply RGIII hasn't finished 2 games this season due to injury and sat out a complete game. The Redskins have shown that they can win without RGIII, but what they haven't shown is they can win without Alfred Morris. This rookie RB has broken Clinton Portis franchise record for most yards in a season, and finished second in the NFL in rushing yards. How in the hell did this guy not make the pro-bowl?....lol

fair point about Luck, and No, i doubt wilson nor RG3 would have had the same success in Indy

but to argue your point about Morris...are you saying Morris does more for RG3 than Lynch does for Wilson? I'd say they benefit evenly. the difference between Lynch and Morris' total rushing yards this season is less than 50 (i think).

And to say that the Redskins proved they could win without RG3...i mean, i guess that's a true statement. But Kirk Cousins went out and beat the crappy Cleveland Browns (yes, i know they were coming in on a 3-game winning streak).

And I know we won't have a chance to find out this year, but I'm sure if Matt Flynn would've come in for Wilson and played against a bad team like the Browns, he mighit've been able to win as well.

And not that it has a direct impact on the offense, but Wilson benefits from having the 2nd best defense in the entire nfl. Redskins defense is ranked 27th overall.

and yeah, LOL @ Gore making the pro bowl over Morris. I think Morris has nearly 300 more rushing yards and 5 more touchdowns than Gore. :34853_doh:

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
HansGruber":b4mswp5a said:
HawkWow":b4mswp5a said:
Other than the reference to the Dawg D, I agree with your every word (didn't Baylor put 777 yds on us?).

Did you watch the game, or just read the stat line?

Trust me, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't watch the game. The only reason I did was because at that point, everyone thought Barkley was going #2 and Griffin might fall to us somehow (or we'd trade up for him).

My grandmother's badminton team could have put up 100 points on the 2011 Husky defense. They were what, the 3rd worst defense in the NCAA? You can thank Nick Holt for that Baylor win. That's exactly what alumni and directorship did when they canned Holt.

RGIII looked terrible in the Alamo Bowl. In fact, Baylor stopped throwing the ball completely and told Griffin to stop running after one of his fumbles gave an early lead back to the Huskies. It was the Baylor RB who ran for 5 TDs that gave Baylor all those points and the win. Griffin got owned by the Huskies.

You're dead on. RG3 dink and dunked in that game against a terrible defense and didn't run for jack squat. That game was all Terrance Ganaway.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":1gqvygoo said:
Hawkfan77":1gqvygoo said:
rdskns4eva":1gqvygoo said:

This topic is funny.

Thats why this is so misinformed. EVerybody says that RG3 is a pocket passer first. EVERYBODY. I havent heard one media person say that RG3 is a Vick clone. Most say he is closer to Steve Young. This isnt Michael Vick. RG3 can pass the ball. He's had two games this year where he was 50% or worse in passing. TWO! He had 11 where is was 60% or better and he had 9 where he was 65% or better. I dont care what kind of offense you run, that is impressive. Vick wishes he had those stats.

And Im not downing RW, but you guys keep saying thtat RG3 is another Vick. Really? Go back and look at Vicks stats in his first and second year. It's night and day. And again, Rg3 overall stats are better than RW despite missing 1.5 games.

Rg3 has proven this year that he can runa traditinal offense. Go back and look at the second eagles game when he ran a grand total of two times. You guys act Like RG3 is carrying the ball 10 times a game. Early in the year he was running alot, but during this 7 game win streak, he's been a pocket passer. He only runs the ball about 4 times on called runs and bout 2 on scrambles.

And he can read defenses but as Trent Dilfer said, the Redskins are the best team in the NFL at getting their primary WR open consistently. What is the point of scanning the field when your primary is wide open? There is no point. Get the ball out quickly, move on to the next play.

I hate the comparisons to Vick, and if I was a Redskins fan it would piss me off even more. All it says to me is that someone is trying to call Griffin a bad QB. First off, Vick has always been a thrower. He has arm talent that rivals anyone, but that doesn't make him an NFL passer. At Baylor Griffin had great accuracy and consistency. It's carried over into the NFL. The comparisons are as lazy as you can get, even for fans.

Honestly, as a Seahawk fan I care more that our 3rd round QB is actually in the ROY discussion. Luck or Griffin will probably get it, and they're deserving. Our value pick more than makes up for any early season development or loss of hype.

SkinsGuru

Reaction score
As a Skins fan i couldn't be happier with RGIII (well will be a bit more when he learns to slide earlier) . . . but with him missing a game and a half and being quite slowed during his two games back . . . and with Alfred Morris proving he is a big part of the Skins resurgence, i don't think RGIII should get it either . . . Wilson has been an absolute beast over the last half of season . . . though i will say RGIII has been consistently good from the beginning of the season whereas Wilson took a little while (and played like a rookie a bit early in the season, something RGIII has not done) get going though . . . as for Luck . . . him and his turnovers don't stand a chance (shouldn't anyway) IMO . . . everyone wants to talk about his comebacks . . . well maybe if he didn't turn the ball over so much he wouldn't have had to comeback so much . . . do give him credit for doing so and do definitely believe he is going to be a great QB for years to come . . . if health stays on the side of the 3 big rookie qb's, RGIII, Wilson and Luck should be in the top 5 QB's in the league before too long . . .

SkinsFan46

Reaction score
youngchew":nvbt8xyf said:
but to argue your point about Morris...are you saying Morris does more for RG3 than Lynch does for Wilson? I'd say they benefit evenly. the difference between Lynch and Morris' total rushing yards this season is less than 50 (i think).

Not saying that at all. I'm just commenting on our situation because I watch Redskins games, but I do feel they BOTH (equally) benefit from huge running games.

And to say that the Redskins proved they could win without RG3...i mean, i guess that's a true statement. But Kirk Cousins went out and beat the crappy Cleveland Browns (yes, i know they were coming in on a 3-game winning streak).

You forget that Cousins also closed out the Baltimore game by winning it with less than 1 minute on the clock. If Cousins doesn't win that game as well, we aren't even having this debate. As crappy as the Browns are, they still are a NFL team and could easily have beaten us. They've been close with quite a few big time opponents this year. In fact, up until this year, we've been about equally as crappy as the Browns organization has this past decade.

And I know we won't have a chance to find out this year, but I'm sure if Matt Flynn would've come in for Wilson and played against a bad team like the Browns, he mighit've been able to win as well.

Can't comment on ifs and buts. Only on things that have transpired. What has transpired is RGIII being knocked out of 2 games, and sitting out a full game due to injuries. What also has transpired is Cousins has came in and essentially won 2 games for us this year in relief. Don't read into this more than what has been said. I'm just stating facts here. RGIII is a major reason we are in the position we are in today. Simple as that.

And not that it has a direct impact on the offense, but Wilson benefits from having the 2nd best defense in the entire nfl. Redskins defense is ranked 27th overall.

I agree 100%. RW has the clear advantage of having that type of stout defense to back him up. I think RGIII has more pressure on him to do more. Luck even more than both of these guys.

Joey13091

Reaction score
youngchew":1wk254wo said:
SkinsFan46":1wk254wo said:

fair point about Luck, and No, i doubt wilson nor RG3 would have had the same success in Indy

and yeah, LOL @ Gore making the pro bowl over Morris. I think Morris has nearly 300 more rushing yards and 5 more touchdowns than Gore. :34853_doh:

The reason he didn't make the pro bowl is because it's a popularity contest. It's bull shit

SkinsGuru

Reaction score
Joey13091":25ajr5a4 said:
youngchew":25ajr5a4 said:
SkinsFan46":25ajr5a4 said:

The reason he didn't make the pro bowl is because it's a popularity contest. It's bull shit

while the pro bowl is a bit of a popularity contest, on 33.3% of the vote comes from the fans . . . an additional 33.3% comes from the players votes and another 33.3% comes from the coaches votes . . . that being said, due to the last 3 games (one in which out and two serviceable but unspectacular games) puts Wilson into the lead . . . IF they would i would think that co-rookies of the year would be interested and that would really rile up the luck fan base . . . lol

Latest posts