Redskin Fan's POV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Radish

Reaction score
The poster that made the Sean Taylor comment was that lying asshole Matt Wolf, one of the guys that helped Todd start this site.

By then he had completely alienated everyone here and had his own site where he made those comments.

Somehow since he had been around here for a long time it got transfered to us. He got so many violent threats he went off the air with his own site and ran and hid at his parents on Long Beach Penn at Ocean Shores.

So that was one guy, not a fan base.

:141847_bnono:

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I lived in the D.C. area most of my life before moving west. I have been a Seahawk fan since 76'. One reason I started rooting for the Hawks is the obnoxious Redskin fans. My guess it is that way in any football city if you don't root for the home town. Anyways it seems like every move, draft, acquisition, they did was a road to the next super bowl. They did have a good era in the early Gibbs years but since Dan Snyder took over the have sucked. Living there couldn't get Seahawk information (although now it is a bit different with the internet thingy and all). There is a definite East Coast bias. I think the NFC East Was good for a long time but times are a changing. I feel they have a hard time grasping they are a second rate division now. Tough to admit. But I don't mind if the Hawks show them why either!

In the end I don't think skins fans are any better or worse than any other teams (although I have heard REALLY bad things about Philly).

P.S. I did get to go to a Foreskin game (in my Steve Largent Jersey) about 15-20 years ago. The Hawks dominated. I cheered but didn't go overboard. When the game was over I kept my mouth shut and left. There needs to be a level of respect when you are in opposing country. Right or wrong you have to lay low if you don't want to deal with the drunks (especially if your team wins). You don't have to but there will be lots more of them than you so do the math.

SkinsFan46

Reaction score
You'll have to forgive some of the more idiotic Skins fans. Many are delusional and egocentric about their team like many other fans around the NFL. (including Seahawks) The thing that bothers me the most about idiot Skins fans is that they are stuck in the past (Example: burggold75 on page one of this thread). Yeah, its generally those guys who's ages are 35 and up. Still talking about the Super Bowls as if they mean something now. News flash. They don't. Twenty years since a mere sniff at a Super Bowl means your team is garbage. If a Skins fan brings up the past 3 Super Bowls, it means he doesn't have a leg to stand on so he's reverting back to history. That's how you know you won the argument, unless that argument is who has the most Super Bowls. From top to bottom, Seattle has been a better franchise this past decade. They've made the playoffs a lot more than the Skins and even have wins to show for it. Hell, they were a poorly officiated game away from winning a Super Bowl, which is more than we have. We have nothing. Zilch. We had a old Gibbs 2.0 lead us to the playoffs by barely squeaking in on a Wildcard, only to get our asses stomped by Seattle. In that process, he pissed away draft picks galore, traded all-pro CBs for a RB, and signed stupid ass contracts to many players. He along with Vinny Cerrato devastated the talent and depth of this team for the future. I say all of this and I grew up watching those Super Bowl teams with Gibbs 1.0.

Finally, with the help of good management, our ship has been steered in the right direction with a great future on the horizon. We have one of the youngest teams in the NFL, and I expect them to get better. Winning the division was gravy this year, and most rationale Skins fans didn't think this was going to happen at the beginning of the season. Hell, many were calling for Shanahan's firing at the bye week. The thing about our fans is that they are just like Dan Snyder. No patience, always willing to make stupid ass moves, and generally ignorant as hell when it comes to football. The irony of it is that these same guys hate Dan Snyder for being exactly how they are. I'm sure your team has these same type of fans.

All in all, don't visit Extremeskins if you want a logical debate on the Seahawks/Redskins game. The site if packed full of idiots, and its why their moderators are constantly working the ban buttons. Too many idiots, too little time. (pretty much a signature from their head mod TK) Mind you now, there are knowledgeable people on that site that do know and understand football, it's just a shame the idiots overshadow these by their glaring stupidity.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SkinsFan46":2oopy3i4 said:
You'll have to forgive some of the more idiotic Skins fans. Many are delusional and egocentric about their team like many other fans around the NFL. (including Seahawks) The thing that bothers me the most about idiot Skins fans is that they are stuck in the past (Example: burggold75 on page one of this thread). Yeah, its generally those guys who's ages are 35 and up. Still talking about the Super Bowls as if they mean something now. News flash. They don't. Twenty years since a mere sniff at a Super Bowl means your team is garbage. If a Skins fan brings up the past 3 Super Bowls, it means he doesn't have a leg to stand on so he's reverting back to history. That's how you know you won the argument, unless that argument is who has the most Super Bowls. From top to bottom, Seattle has been a better franchise this past decade. They've made the playoffs a lot more than the Skins and even have wins to show for it. Hell, they were a poorly officiated game away from winning a Super Bowl, which is more than we have. We have nothing. Zilch. We had a old Gibbs 2.0 lead us to the playoffs by barely squeaking in on a Wildcard, only to get our asses stomped by Seattle. In that process, he pissed away draft picks galore, traded all-pro CBs for a RB, and signed stupid ass contracts to many players. He along with Vinny Cerrato devastated the talent and depth of this team for the future. I say all of this and I grew up watching those Super Bowl teams with Gibbs 1.0.

Finally, with the help of good management, our ship has been steered in the right direction with a great future on the horizon. We have one of the youngest teams in the NFL, and I expect them to get better. Winning the division was gravy this year, and most rationale Skins fans didn't think this was going to happen at the beginning of the season. Hell, many were calling for Shanahan's firing at the bye week. The thing about our fans is that they are just like Dan Snyder. No patience, always willing to make stupid ass moves, and generally ignorant as hell when it comes to football. The irony of it is that these same guys hate Dan Snyder for being exactly how they are. I'm sure your team has these same type of fans.

All in all, don't visit Extremeskins if you want a logical debate on the Seahawks/Redskins game. The site if packed full of idiots, and its why their moderators are constantly working the ban buttons. Too many idiots, too little time. (pretty much a signature from their head mod TK) Mind you know, there are knowledgeable people on that site that do know and understand football, it's just a shame the idiots overshadow these by their glaring stupidity.
If I could, I'd buy you a beer...you should definitely stick around after the game.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
The Radish":189gr2pm said:
The poster that made the Sean Taylor comment was that lying asshole Matt Wolf, one of the guys that helped Todd start this site.

By then he had completely alienated everyone here and had his own site where he made those comments.

Somehow since he had been around here for a long time it got transfered to us. He got so many violent threats he went off the air with his own site and ran and hid at his parents on Long Beach Penn at Ocean Shores.

And that was also the same guy who changed his name to "Mason" and spent the week prior to the 2008 Hawks-Giants game in NY making 9/11 jokes on his own site, which made a couple of national headlines like "Seahawk fans mocking 9/11" and whatnot. So you can understand how nobody here has wanted anything to do with that clown for a long time.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":3bbtyrt7 said:
The Radish":3bbtyrt7 said:

And that was also the same guy who changed his name to "Mason" and spent the week prior to the 2008 Hawks-Giants game in NY making 9/11 jokes on his own site, which made a couple of national headlines like "Seahawk fans mocking 9/11" and whatnot. So you can understand how nobody here has wanted anything to do with that clown for a long time.
Reminds me of that guy who put out pictures and comments making fun of the OKC bombings when the Thunder were in the NBA Finals. Of course the media made a deal out of it and how Seattle fans were making fun of the tragedy out of anger, when in reality it was just one guy, maybe a couple other hopping on the bandwagon. Pretty lame approach if you ask me. If you want to find some idiot to say something terrible on the internet, you're going to be obliged, just stupid to assume that it can be used to make any generalizations about any group.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
Im from Extremeskins. The fans there are like the websites name: Extreme.

But we're not all that way. I enjoy logic based debates so...

When you get into "My team is better than yours becasue your team sucks!", I dont have time for that garbage.

Shock2k

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":2zr14edz said:

When you get into "My team is better than yours becasue your team sucks!", I dont have time for that garbage.

I think the point is you can't even have a reasonable discussion, or any discussion for that matter on the site. I'm over it, the site is meant for fan bluster which is fine. Looks like we have enough skins fans heading over here to have the reasonable debate.

Heck you can have an unreasonable debate here. The moderators pride themselves on very rarely banning people. (probably would take making threats against fans or the like).

SkinsGuru

Reaction score
by the way . . . ExtremeSkins blows IMO . . . you have to be a company yes man to post there . . . if you want to see good redskins forums check out thes:

dcprosportsreport.com (good intelligent discussions, but new and not enough activity . . . yet)
thewarpath.net (busy and mostly intelligent discussions)
hailredskins.com (busy and mostly intelligent discussions)

burggold75

Reaction score
SkinsFan46":g293v7cp said:

All in all, don't visit Extremeskins if you want a logical debate on the Seahawks/Redskins game. The site if packed full of idiots, and its why their moderators are constantly working the ban buttons. Too many idiots, too little time. (pretty much a signature from their head mod TK) Mind you now, there are knowledgeable people on that site that do know and understand football, it's just a shame the idiots overshadow these by their glaring stupidity.

Actually, I completely agree with you. I'll recant my statement. I am more jealous that the seahawks have made the super bowl more recently than the fact the skins won 3 SBs in the 80s and 90s, I'm 37 so i grew up watching the skins a very good franchise.

I love where our team is at now with lots of future potential...as I'm sure the hawks fans feel about their team as well.

I was around here in 2005 and the combined ST death and the experience I had with seahawks fans has jaded me. However, im not worried about that now...just looking forward to a good game on sunday. who cares about strength of schedule, division strength, etc, etc..

just ready to see this one play out!

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
SkinsFan46":3qepdcqo said:
I think the view of Seahawk fans stem from this article in the WP back in 2008.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02696.html

I bet you can create a article like this from a visit to any NFL stadium in the country. (including Fed Ex) Alcohol creates many problems with crazy/rabid fans.

I remember that article when it came out: I was shocked. Understanding that playoff crowds are different then regular season (the passion is amped up 2x) and that there are always bad experiences that occur for visiting fans to any NFL stadium...still, it just didn't sound like a game played in Seattle.

Yes, bad things happened I am sure. But the point of that article was to piss off Redskins fans, nothing more. Obviously it worked, but I would expect better from the Washington Post.

burggold75

Reaction score
But i will say what made me say that...when seahawk fans state they have made the playoffs like 7 or 8 times in the 2000s when the cards, rams, and 49ers were god awful...

to their credit, they constantly have to defend the strength of the NFC west..which is hard

The Radish

Reaction score
Shock2k":1rzvxni6 said:
rdskns4eva":1rzvxni6 said:

I think the point is you can't even have a reasonable discussion, or any discussion for that matter on the site. I'm over it, the site is meant for fan bluster which is fine. Looks like we have enough skins fans heading over here to have the reasonable debate.

Heck you can have an unreasonable debate here. The moderators pride themselves on very rarely banning people. (probably would take making threats against fans or the like).

Come on Shock, the entire staff has been in training all year to ban Redskin fans!

They've really screwed up our program so far. Rockhawk is offering a huge prize for the one that bans the most in the shortest time.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Ya, you mods really come off as total hardnosed enforcers. You guys are bunch of teddy bears. More like "Legion of Extrodinary Gentleman" then "Legion of Boom"

(Stealing your next joke) "Shock2k Banned" ~ The Raddish.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
I got banned from ES years ago when I posed the question of how Snyder keeps his woman satisfied and whether he and Vinny Cerrato were secret lovers.

You have to remember, ExtremeSkins is sponsored by the franchise and hence any comments critical of ownership or critical of the franchise are snuffed out. One thing that really put me off.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":2rzmrt5d said:
I got banned from ES years ago when I posed the question of how Snyder keeps his woman satisfied and whether he and Vinny Cerrato were secret lovers.

You have to remember, ExtremeSkins is sponsored by the franchise and hence any comments critical of ownership or critical of the franchise are snuffed out. One thing that really put me off.

That explains a lot. Basically ES is the cult of Dan Snyder?

Status
Not open for further replies.