Will anyone be traveling to any of the away playoff games?

python6114

Reaction score
I am heading out there on Saturday night, I have a hotel in Alexandria and I fly back from Philly on Tuesday. I have two tickets in the 300 level S.R.O.

I have been to a few away games in san francisco and I have been to dozens for the Sounders. I was hoping maybe some of the Seahawks fans would want to meet in a bar in Washington D.C and we could cab or walk to the game together.

This is going to be epic and I think in the future the NFL would be wise to dedicate a small part of one section to away fans, it might seem silly but it really does cut back on the incidents, of which I expect there will be none.

I don't know many bars in D.C, I did hear there is one that is seahawks friendly maybe we should all meet up there before the game if it is close enough to the stadium. Or we can look into getting a parking area and all meet there during tailgating times.

python6114

Reaction score
I've heard from King 5 sports that the Penn Quarter Sports Tavern is Seahawks friendly. It's about 11 miles from the stadium so some sort of ground transportation would have to be arranged if we were to go there. If we have a group of 25ish of us, a bar will happily host us and we might be able to get drink specials.

tstream07

Reaction score
Good deal. If there are some people there i know my group (2 others) would be down to go. I am staying at the Embassy Row near down town. We get in Friday and will be looking for a place to pregame Sunday before the game.

Tivopaul

Reaction score
I have flights to both Green Bay and New Orleans already booked....counting on the Pack to handle the Niners...before we handle them.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I am on the fence this week. May yet decide to go, but I am leaning Vegas. Next week? Should we be alive and kicking and headed to ATL I think I would do that. San Fran? No. NFC Championship in Green Bay?

Hell yes.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
To anyone going, be smart and be safe! I've read some less than welcoming comments from some Skins fans on that insane ExtremeSkins board. They really have created this insane opinion of Hawks fans based off a couple isolated Sean Taylor comments. Talking payback for stories they've created and blown way to hell. About women being molested and people screaming racist epithets. It's kinda scary and bordering on sociopathic behavior. As if they secretly want a reason to act out against our fans. I've always heard it's not the most inviting stadium to outsiders to begin with. Add to that a fanbase rabid for a playoff win, and who wants payback for us beating them the last two times they've made the postseason. It's a powder keg, if I've seen one. Stand tall and rep our guys. But watch your back!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Yeah, Jordan, I read those comments, as well. Pretty shameful. I was even considering going incognito (no Hawks gear) if I went to the Skinz game. After almost being murdered over a football game once in my life, I just don't know that I have the stomach to want to put up with physically threatening behavior. And it's sad, because one of the greatest rewards of being a traveler for me is meeting other people from other places.

On a side note: for the last couple years I have dreamed of attending two NFL playoff games on consecutive days..... Already looked into it for this weekend. IF I elected to, I could fly MSP-MKE in Saturday and rent a car and drive to Vikes/Packers in GRB then drive back to hotel in MKE, then on Sunday morning fly MKE-DTW-DCA and arrive several hours before kickoff of Seahawks game.

It is sooooooo damn tempting.

DurtyHawk

Reaction score
I bought tickets as soon as the skins won, but after reading all this I'm starting to regret it! My wife and I will be going...I do not Intend on participating In any ass hattery so I hope the home fans can respect that and give us no trouble.

MookieB88

Reaction score
If we make it, I'll be flying to Atlanta from LA for the game and I'll be going to the Championship game and the SB should we make it.

Who knows when these opportunities will come along again?

III

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1g873f2k said:
To anyone going, be smart and be safe! I've read some less than welcoming comments from some Skins fans on that insane ExtremeSkins board. They really have created this insane opinion of Hawks fans based off a couple isolated Sean Taylor comments. Talking payback for stories they've created and blown way to hell. About women being molested and people screaming racist epithets. It's kinda scary and bordering on sociopathic behavior. As if they secretly want a reason to act out against our fans. I've always heard it's not the most inviting stadium to outsiders to begin with. Add to that a fanbase rabid for a playoff win, and who wants payback for us beating them the last two times they've made the postseason. It's a powder keg, if I've seen one. Stand tall and rep our guys. But watch your back!

Please don't bother with extremeskins. :pukeface: They bite. Visit http://www.thehogs.net. Much better.

All this talk about being treated badly at FedEx is just that - talk. We are actually too nice.

Good luck Sunday.

III

brutalron

Reaction score
First time, poster. I will be there Section 420. My buddy has season tickets to the Skins. Anyone tailgaiting?

dsquid

Reaction score
I'll be going to DC, and taking my wife and daughter. We'll be keeping it extremely low-key. Ninja stealth-mode.

I've been to DC for Seahawks games several times, and never had a problem - but this is the first with the kid.

(GoHawks)

python6114

Reaction score
I would like to do a pregame meet up at a bar. I've heard from multiple sources that the Penn Quarter Sports Tavern (or something like that) is a Seahawks friendly bar in the D.C area. The only problem is that the stadium is in Landover Maryland, it's a quick walk to either the red or yellow line and 2 stops to the connecting rail station on the blue line, the blue line then goes to the Stadium. The game has a 4:30 Eastern start time so as long as we left the first bar we were at by 3 PM we would get off the stop by the stadium with easily an hour to get into the game.

I will start a new thread about a pre-game meet up. If I get enough I'll call up the Seahawks friendly bar in D.C and make a reservation.

The Radish

Reaction score
python6114":2lann7p5 said:
I would like to do a pregame meet up at a bar. I've heard from multiple sources that the Penn Quarter Sports Tavern (or something like that) is a Seahawks friendly bar in the D.C area. The only problem is that the stadium is in Landover Maryland, it's a quick walk to either the red or yellow line and 2 stops to the connecting rail station on the blue line, the blue line then goes to the Stadium. The game has a 4:30 Eastern start time so as long as we left the first bar we were at by 3 PM we would get off the stop by the stadium with easily an hour to get into the game.

I will start a new thread about a pre-game meet up. If I get enough I'll call up the Seahawks friendly bar in D.C and make a reservation.

Let us know when you're ready to do that and we will sticky it so it stays on the main page.

marylandseahawker

Reaction score
There is a Washington DC Seattle Seahawks Fan Group that meets at Penn Quarter Sports Tavern for every game. Website:
http://www.meetup.com/Seahawks-WashingtonDC/

Penn Quarter Sports Tavern
639 Indiana Ave NW
Washington, DC 20004

I know they use to get a pretty large group of Seahawks fans for the games, but I havent kept in touch this year, so I'm not sure what kind of numbers they get.

The bar is located very near the Washington National Mall, across from the National Archives. Its about 11 miles from Fed Ex Field - probably take you about 1/2 hour to drive.

grizbob

Reaction score
The Radish":1a57leuq said:
python6114":1a57leuq said:

Let us know when you're ready to do that and we will sticky it so it stays on the main page.

And THAT is another reason why I choose this place to live on the internet :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:

python6114

Reaction score
The Radish":1xrh2fd7 said:
python6114":1xrh2fd7 said:
friendly bar in D.C and make a reservation.

I just called Penn Quarter Sports Tavern about their Seahawks freindliness and they said they will have a whole section set up for Seahawks fans. There is a group of Seahawks fans in D.C that regularly meet there so everything is pretty much all ready taken care of. I plan on getting there at noon and I plan on leaving to go catch the metro to the stadium at 2:30 or about halftime of the AFC playoff game whichever comes first.

The Address of the bar/restaurant is 639 Indiana Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, this is quite a ways from the stadium, but it is only half a mile away from a blue line station (Blue Line is the subway that takes you to FedEx Field)

Here are the Directions for walking from Penn Quarter Sports Tavern to the Blue Line Metro Stop.

You'll get off at the Morgan Boulevard station, and it's about a 15 minute walk from that station to the stadium, you might want to call a cab, but my guess is that it'll probably be faster to walk.

Based on my experiences with away travel with the Hawks in San Francisco and tons of away travel for the Sounders, walking in with a group is always the best, especially in stadiums like Fedex or Candlestick in which the stadium is completely surrounded by ample parking and ample room for tailgating. You might be shocked, but drunk people tend to be the ones that act like assholes, so being in a bigger group tends to help discourage this.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I am now a tossup and may well be going to the game. I also know of a Seahawks tailgate that is planned. Will post more later.

Latest posts