Ray Lewis retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
This Sunday will likely be Ray Lewis' final game at M&T Bank Stadium.

Bunch of different sources are reporting on twitter that this is Ray Lewis' last year. I have always been a huge fan of his and he is definitely a future HOF. Nothing but respect for the guy!

Link from NFL.com: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... itter_news

pehawk

Reaction score
Ouch! That REALLY sucks. If true, they're my favorite for the AFC now.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
My favorite non-Seahawk for many years. He's the reason why the Ravens are my AFC team.

pehawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":240t00a1 said:
pehawk":240t00a1 said:
Ouch! That REALLY sucks. If true, they're my favorite for the AFC now.

Naw, he already has his Super Bowl ring and MVP.

Really? Have you watched him before? That doesnt satisfy him.

This REALLY sucks. Not only is he the GOAT defensively. Maybe on either side of the ball. The intangible leadership he brought will never be seen again. REALLY bummer news.

pehawk

Reaction score
You have to factor in how Ray Lewis's intangibles effected everything else. His will and desire is reflected in every Ravens player. Watching and listening Ray pregame or on the sideline would've inspired Superman to walk again. Plus, Ray Ray had fewer issues than LT. He's one of a kind.

The Ravens dont get a SB without him. And AREN'T perennial playoff teams without him. Billick isn't a good coach, and he won there.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Loves me some Ray Lewis, gonna suck when watching the Ravens and not seeing him out there going wild and smacking dudes.

Claden

Reaction score
That kind of sucks. Not only a super player, but a leader for that team. That locker room is not going to be the same. Ed Reed is getting close to retiring too I think?

drdiags

Reaction score
Saw in the same twitter streams that the thinking is that this is Ed Reed's last year with the team. Not sure why but those are two cornerstone players that will have to be replaced. I am sure with Ray, the Ravens already have started moving on as far as a physical replacement. I am sure new leaders will emerge in time.

The Radish

Reaction score
I think he's one of they best defensive players ever. I doubt he last long as a commentator because there are many people like me that know he made it possible for a friend of his to commit murder and get away with it.

The night of their SB victory they were out partying and a friend of his got into a fight with someone and stabbed them to death. Ray took the guy and the murder weapon away from the scene in his limo to keep the police from getting him.

Later when the police finally caught up with him to avoid being charged as an accessory he agreed to testify against his friend. On the stand he welched big time and the guy walked

A sad time and I realize he came up from the streets and his loyalty to his friend was stronger than to a dead stranger. But I've never forgotten and I'd wager there are many others that haven't and would confront anyone who tried to employ him if he was going to be on TV.

:les:

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't see him as a TV personality, but id pay him to give me speech every day before work.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Ravens are going to have a hard time replacing the level of execution that Ray Lewis brings.

jhawk91

Reaction score
Easily my favorite non seahawks players. Total respect for Rey Rey it's been fun seeing him play

HawkWow

Reaction score
The Radish":29vcemf5 said:
I think he's one of they best defensive players ever. I doubt he last long as a commentator because there are many people like me that know he made it possible for a friend of his to commit murder and get away with it.

The night of their SB victory they were out partying and a friend of his got into a fight with someone and stabbed them to death. Ray took the guy and the murder weapon away from the scene in his limo to keep the police from getting him.

Later when the police finally caught up with him to avoid being charged as an accessory he agreed to testify against his friend. On the stand he welched big time and the guy walked

A sad time and I realize he came up from the streets and his loyalty to his friend was stronger than to a dead stranger. But I've never forgotten and I'd wager there are many others that haven't and would confront anyone who tried to employ him if he was going to be on TV.

Thank you. A voice of reason. It should also be noted that lewis settled a civil suit out of court with the two families. Some believe the sum was $10,000,000. Innocent men don't do that and it has long been speculated that Lewis did more than just watch these two kids get stabbled to death. I won't miss the punk and for those that will...check yourselves.

pehawk

Reaction score
The last thing anyone should do is "check themselves" based on others hyperbole.

docj78

Reaction score
The Radish":3531kdeb said:

This. The guy is a crook and an accessory to murder. Not someone I want my kids to use as a role model. I don't care how good of a player he is, where did his white suit go????? If it were you or I, we'd still be in prison. He also settled out of court with the victims family in civil court. Good riddance I say, all the Ray Lewis love around the league makes me want to wretch. :pukeface: :pukeface: :179419: :cry:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":30itm3uo said:
The Radish":30itm3uo said:

Thank you. A voice of reason. It should also be noted that lewis settled a civil suit out of court with the two families. Some believe the sum was $10,000,000. Innocent men don't do that and it has long been speculated that Lewis did more than just watch these two kids get stabbled to death. I won't miss the punk and for those that will...check yourselves.

Psst, those that try to tell people how to remember this or that athlete... check yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.