How Will This Team Fair Against The Redskins Offense?

HansGruber

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":3f6sw68g said:
Earlier in the year, most had the east as the second best division after the NFC north. 3 teams with 0.500+ records is pretty good. Are they second best good? Probably not, but it's not the AFC West either lol. It's a good division.

The East fielded 2 of the top 10 offenses n football this year.

They also had all four defenses finish no higher than 15th this year with two finishing in the bottom 3rd of the NFL.

This is funny.

NFC East is the biggest cupcake division in the NFC. Put any one of those teams in the NFC West or North and you're looking at 6-10 teams at best. Even in the NFC South, Skins would be lucky to go 8-8.

Of course, we're all going to see that first-hand on Sunday when the Seahawks destroy the Redskins in the playoffs yet again. It is cute to hear smack talk from the fans of a team who the Seahawks have completely dominated in the playoffs over the last decade.

Uffda

Reaction score
To the op, Red has long arms.

Could see Thomas or Sherman or Tru ,maybe on a delayed passrush.

Has happened afew times earlier in the season.

djb28

Reaction score
My girlfriends brother is a skins fan so I have watched them enough and I am getting a good feeling about this game. I think we have an excellent chance going in to Washington and getting the Win. Yes they are high off their win. But it is Dallas and they aren't very good and they beat them twice this season. They also beat Philly twice. The giants, Cleveland and Baltimore, starting at week 11. Minnesota they beat and the Falcons game they lost. Mix in Carolina , Tampa, The Bengals. It hasnt been too brutal.

These teams are not a great way to get an honest assessment of your team but I am sure it is a confidence builder with each win. Seattle's team, Offense and Defense has been tried and tested by some pretty stiff competition spread out through this season, regardless of who we beat down the last few games of the season. We also did it with some first timers on the field!

RG3 will be a factor, Can not deny it and if Seattle doesn't play their cards right we could get into trouble. Both teams are going in to the playoffs new at this. But I think Seattle gets the win.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3qccv6t6 said:
If the Redskins are going to beat us, it's going to be on the ground. I've watched a couple Redskins games this year, and a lot of their plays were like Flynn against Detroit - dump off, missed tackle, lost containment, and gone. That's not going to happen against us. The Redskins are going to have to grind out a win, and I don't think they're physical enough to do it.

This game still worries me, though. The whole anything can happen vibe and whatnot.

We have played 6 of the top 10 rushing teams in the NFL. We have 6 wins against those teams.

hawker84

Reaction score
anybody taking the skins game lightly, has not watched this team... they're explosive, and can move the ball effectively... seahawks better go into this game expecting to score a bunch of points, because IMO this is not going to be a defensive battle, RG3 at 85% is still extremely hard to contain, and is very accurate with medium to long balls... Garcon and Moss are play makers, and could give our bigger corners trouble with their quickness... the running attack does not worry me as much as the passing game.

their defense does not concern me at all, after all we all know what a liability josh wilson is, although he played well sunday, he can be beat and beat often.... stay away from hall, pick on wilson and the safties..

should be a good game, if the real hawks teams shows up , we should get the victory.

III

Reaction score
Here are some facts:

Only one team has put more than 24 on you - DET in Detroit.

No one in his right mind can deny your D is a far different animal on the road (BUF game was in Canada and it was BUF). 5 teams ARZ, RAM, 49R, DET, MIA beat you in 8 tries on the road.

Opinion:

I'm gonna say we have a better offense than all those teams - even DET which has one WR, an immobile QB, and no ground game.

Trying to stay on topic, our offense has been responsible for almost all of our points. We are tough to deal with. We have hung 28+ on over half the teams we've played. You will have to stop us without the benefit of us running silent counts and a plethora of noise-induced false starts.

Both of us are hot. Your job of stopping us in our place will probably be your toughest yet. You will not be getting off the ball against a deafened offense. We will run a random mix and probably try to get your secondary involved in run support. I might be wrong but I think you are under-sized but over-quick on the D line. This plays for you at home but against you on the road - especially against a ground game like ours.

You are 3-point road favorites. I'm a little surprised. I see this more like pick 'em with a slight edge to us as the home team.

III

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
III":2o0qd08f said:
Here are some facts:

No one in his right mind can deny your D is a far different animal on the road (BUF game was in Canada and it was BUF). 5 teams ARZ, RAM, 49R, DET, MIA beat you in 8 tries on the road.

Opinion:

I'm gonna say we have a better offense than all those teams - even DET which has one WR, an immobile QB, and no ground game.

Trying to stay on topic, our offense has been responsible for almost all of our points. We are tough to deal with. We have hung 28+ on over half the teams we've played. You will have to stop us without the benefit of us running silent counts and a plethora of noise-induced false starts.

Both of us are hot. Your job of stopping us in our place will probably be your toughest yet. You will not be getting off the ball against a deafened offense. We will run a random mix and probably try to get your secondary involved in run support. I might be wrong but I think you are under-sized but over-quick on the D line. This plays for you at home but against you on the road - especially against a ground game like ours.

You are 3-point road favorites. I'm a little surprised. I see this more like pick 'em with a slight edge to us as the home team.

III

You shouldn't be. There's already been good conversation about the smoke and mirrors of the Redskins 28+ points. (All against bad defenses.) Seattle comes in with the #1 scoring defense and a top 10 offense. I expect the Redskins to give us a game, but if Seattle plays up to its normal strengths, you'll be lucky to break the 20 point barrier. And I highly doubt your defense is going to keep Wilson, Lynch, and crew under that.

hawker84

Reaction score
well said, nice avatar too by the way..

problem is you're making the same mistake as every other team we've faced.. trying to judge us on teams we played in the first half of the season... anybody that's followed this team will know that the D started out hot, and the O was very vanilla for the first 6 games of the season give or take , during this time the D cooled down and the offense got hot, now over the last few games, the D is back close to where it was and the offensive has taken off...

so to compare the present team to the team that lost to Miami and Detroit and NFC west teams, is like comparing this team to last years Tavaris Jackson lead team .. completely different team now, operating on all cylinders in all 3 phases of the game...

stopping RG3 will be a tough assignment for sure, but your average D at best stopping our O will be an even tougher assignment, at home or not, you've got a tough day ahead of you come sunday. london fletcher will not be having a career day against RW, his age and deminished abilities will be exposed... as will josh wilson, who we let go because he can't cover his for sh*t...

there's a reason we're 3 point road favorites, we're the better more complete team.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
III":8efpjx8g said:
I might be wrong but I think you are under-sized but over-quick on the D line.

III

You are incorrect:

DE Bryant 6'4" 323
DT Branch 6'6" 325
DT Mebane 6'1" 311
DE Clemons 6'3" 254

III

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1nn7z3sw said:
III":1nn7z3sw said:
Here are some facts:

Opinion:

III

You shouldn't be. There's already been good conversation about the smoke and mirrors of the Redskins 28+ points. (All against bad defenses.) Seattle comes in with the #1 scoring defense and a top 10 offense. I expect the Redskins to give us a game, but if Seattle plays up to its normal strengths, you'll be lucky to break the 20 point barrier. And I highly doubt your defense is going to keep Wilson, Lynch, and crew under that.

Well I guess we disagree. You lost more than half your games on the road and we are better (offensively and overall) than all the guys who beat you. But I guess 1/2 the country thinks the spread is about right for what that's worth. Like I said, a little surprised, not shocked. The betting public is fairly ignorant. I like being a home dog.

This thread IS about your D against our O, right?

III

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
III":156aatdj said:
Sarlacc83":156aatdj said:
III":156aatdj said:
Here are some facts:

Opinion:

III

Well I guess we disagree. You lost more than half your games on the road and we are better (offensively and overall) than all the guys who beat you. But I guess 1/2 the country thinks the spread is about right for what that's worth. Like I said, a little surprised, not shocked. The betting public is fairly ignorant. I like being a home dog.

This thread IS about your D against our O, right?

III

The offensive point is fair. However, with the exception of the Lions, the teams that beat us on the road have excellent defenses. The teams without excellent defenses were wins. The Redskins do not have an excellent defense.

And yes, it is about your Offense against our Defense, though there's some wiggle room. (My post was mostly about your O and our D, though.)

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":tnmbconm said:
Hey Redskins fans, can you tell me how well your team did defending the read option in your only game against it? I can...you saw 10 read/option plays for 94yds vs Carolina and Cam Newton who we shut down hard. Have fun watching your team lose to the Seahawks again on Sunday.

lol thats because you defense is better than ours. Our defense sucked hard during the first half of the season. The defense in the second half, particularly during the last 5 games has been a different animal.

Remember, this is the new NFL. You dont need a great defense anymore. You just need to get timely stops and turnovers. Im not saying you can win with a bad defense, but if you get turnovers, you're good. If you are +2 in the turnover margin in any game, you chances of winning that game are something crazy like 80%.

Tical21

Reaction score
Let us be honest. The Seahawks are going to have to play very poorly and the Redskins are going to have to play their best game of the year for this game to be close.

III

Reaction score
hawker84":3i008qtx said:

problem is you're making the same mistake as every other team we've faced.. trying to judge us on teams we played in the first half of the season... anybody that's followed this team will know that the D started out hot, and the O was very vanilla for the first 6 games of the season give or take , during this time the D cooled down and the offense got hot, now over the last few games, the D is back close to where it was and the offensive has taken off...

so to compare the present team to the team that lost to Miami and Detroit and NFC west teams, is like comparing this team to last years Tavaris Jackson lead team .. completely different team now, operating on all cylinders in all 3 phases of the game...

stopping RG3 will be a tough assignment for sure, but your average D at best stopping our O will be an even tougher assignment, at home or not, you've got a tough day ahead of you come sunday. london fletcher will not be having a career day against RW, his age and deminished abilities will be exposed... as will josh wilson, who we let go because he can't cover his for sh*t...

there's a reason we're 3 point road favorites, we're the better more complete team.

Actually, I gave you credit for being hot right now - like us. The main reason you are favored is that Vegas is in the business of predicting and reflecting the opinion of the betting public.

I think your offense will not run as effectively as usual and that your QB will present problems for our secondary.

III

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":14vcswv3 said:
III":14vcswv3 said:
I might be wrong but I think you are under-sized but over-quick on the D line.

III

You are incorrect:

DE Bryant 6'4" 323
DT Branch 6'6" 325
DT Mebane 6'1" 311
DE Clemons 6'3" 254

Yeah, I was definitely focused on the guy you just drafted - Bruce? Thanks for the enlightening info. :th2thumbs:

III

Reaction score
hawker84":339umgku said:

Thanks.

hawker84":339umgku said:
problem is you're making the same mistake as every other team we've faced.. trying to judge us on teams we played in the first half of the season...

Same. Our D has played way better since the bye.

Neither team will have to play over its head while the other has a bad day in order to win. It's the NFL. Both teams are good. As someone said but did not follow his own advice - let's be honest.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
HansGruber":2d95s988 said:
rdskns4eva":2d95s988 said:
Earlier in the year, most had the east as the second best division after the NFC north. 3 teams with 0.500+ records is pretty good. Are they second best good? Probably not, but it's not the AFC West either lol. It's a good division.

The East fielded 2 of the top 10 offenses n football this year.

They also had all four defenses finish no higher than 15th this year with two finishing in the bottom 3rd of the NFL.

This is funny.

NFC East is the biggest cupcake division in the NFC. Put any one of those teams in the NFC West or North and you're looking at 6-10 teams at best. Even in the NFC South, Skins would be lucky to go 8-8.

Of course, we're all going to see that first-hand on Sunday when the Seahawks destroy the Redskins in the playoffs yet again. It is cute to hear smack talk from the fans of a team who the Seahawks have completely dominated in the playoffs over the last decade.

This is funny considering that the Skins beat the Vikings and the Giants beat the bears.

Also, this cupcake schedule talk is nonses. Both the Hawks and the skins had a easy schedule difficuly. You guys had more impressive victories with wins agaisnt the 49ers and Patriots, but your team also lost 4 games agaisnt teams with records below .500. The Skins had two such losses, both agaisnt 7-9 teams (Rams were 7-8-1). You lost to a 5-11 team, and a 4-12 team. Those are facts.

You guys did play the AFC East which is the worst division in football with the powerhouse teams of the Jets, Dolphins and Bills.

Not saying we played powerhouses, but again, the teams you played agaisnt had a combined winning % of 50% whereas the Redskins had 49%. It wasnt far off at all.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Let's talk plainly, as a lot of this thread is subjective and dripping with fan bias.

The Redskins are pretty reliant on their running game, its the basis of the entire offense, just like the Hawks. If the Seahawks contain the running game, this game will not be close.

In regards to scheme, the offenses that have run the ball with success on us do not run the same type of run schemes as Washington. We struggled with San Francisco's power and trap game, we struggled with New England and Detroits shotgun belly plays. The Skins run a lot of read option and zone stretch plays and dives from the pistol, which haven't been successful against the Seahawks. You can throw out numbers and defame our road record, but I'll be stunned if the Skins tear us up on the ground.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hog fans keep hanging their hat on our road record. And yet, they were only 5-3 at home. 2 of those three losses were to top ten defenses.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I love it when opposing fans pay close attention to the Seahawk losses from this year while at the same time dismissing the wins Seattle has. With 5 wins in 6 tries against teams with 10 or more wins this year, Seattle has shown it can beat ANYONE. The redskins have played three games against teams with at least 10 wins...they have lost two of those games. Their only quality win came against the Vikings. Seahawks should win this game. They are the better team.