kearly wrote:I'd be surprised if Kelly was at Oregon next year. Pete Carroll turned down job offers for years before coming to Seattle and like most coaches was EMPHATIC that he wasn't going to the NFL any time soon. By contrast, Kelly has been dodging the subject in press conferences saying things like "I'm just focusing on the bowl game right now." If that's not a kiss of death for Oregon fans who want Kelly to stay, I don't know what is. I'm sure Oregon's next coach will be pretty good. Shaw may not be Harbaugh, but look how he's done as a caretaker coach. At the very least, I'm sure Mike Bellotti wouldn't turn down the chance to return.
A big huge no thanks to Bellotti.
I think there's a 1% chance that Kelly is back next year. And from every thing i've heard its 99% a sure think that offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich will take over, which I think is the best thing for the program. A big key is how much of the coaching staff will stay and i'm guessing that most of them will. Every single person on our staff was here before Chip Kelly, except for our d'line coach. I wouldnt be surprised if he's the only one that follows Chip to the NFL.
Even though it will suck to lose Chip I'm actually excited for it. I'm guessing it will hurt our recruiting class this year since this is happening so late in the process and we might lose a few of the guys who are already commited, but in the future I think it will actually help. One of the big recruiting factors that teams use against hte Ducks is that the Duck system doesnt get guys to the NFL. Now we can say that the man who created the Ducks system is the most sought after coach in the NFL and is the NFL's future.
I'm excited and interested to see what happens.