This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: Wild Card Edition!

Shock2k

Reaction score
I would rather have an intimate candlelight dinner with Harbaugh, then talk with a Redskin fan. It's like talking to a {Fill_in_the_BlanK} Fanatic.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I visited some of their boards and was suprised to see that 2 of them didn't even have discussions about this weekends game. The popular sentiment was thatBob Griffen III is God and Russell Wilson wishes he was Bob Griffen 3. Our schedule was a joke and you guessed it their schedule was tough.When they contain Lynch, it'll force Russell to have to beat them and he's incapable of doing that. Here's a great quote

Originally Posted by BurgGold75

"worst fans in the nfl. complain about everything. still bitter about calls from super bowl xl. most believe that blown call against packers was actually correct. they feel disrespected about russell wilson. they better be scared of our team..but they also have a great team that, is dirty as hell, but screw them"

I then came to the conclussion that I will not waste any more of my time reading their dilussional shit. I do know this....

1. This will be a tough game in a tough enviroment and Shanahan will have them ready to go.
2. I'm proud of my team and know they will bring it .I'm not worried in the least .
3. Playoffs are a whole different animal and anything can happen.
4. I dont have #4

Harperville

Reaction score
Most Redskins fans seem to be hanging on to the old stand by "But they're 3-5 on the road!!!"

They have no idea what's coming for them.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Harperville":3t7a8xb1 said:
Most Redskins fans seem to be hanging on to the old stand by "But they're 3-5 on the road!!!"

They have no idea what's coming for them.

What can their fans say? We've beat them in the Playoffs at "our house" over the past few years. Their only hope this year "talk the talk"! I am expecting a great game!

WeakBeak

Reaction score
When the hawks win it will just add more fuel to the hate they have for us, witch I really want lol.

drdiags

Reaction score
Playoffs are always a challenge to fans who try to talk their team into a trophy. Fans feel it is a challenge to their fandom unless they out-shout the opponent's fans. If anything I will read an opponent's board just to get a pulse on the team but no one really does the objective discussion without others using a thread to take cheap shots at the other team's fans or the team itself.

As far as the '07 Sean Taylor fiasco here at .Net. It was pretty brutal and had me seriously considering not associating with this board. Those who contributed to it know what was done so we move on. The mods had to nuke the thread and our owner made a post about it due to how outlandish it had gotten.

There was also a similar post made by a Seahawks blogger about Sean Taylor that got national attention and his site was bombarded because of the article. They loved the guy, our fans grew tired of the story and lashed back to the whole destiny slant.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have a very close friend who is a hard core Skins fan. Extremely realistic, in both the 07 and 05 games he let me hear all about how the Hawks have no SB history and about how the loss of Taylor was going to launch them to a win.

Oh, also how Collins never threw any picks. That worked out well.

This time, he has NOTHING. He won't acknowledge the game is even being played outside of a comment that he is worried about the Hawks injuring their WRs and RG3.

I told him that I hope the defense's actions against the Skins doesn't somehow reflect bad on me or damage my friendship.

III

Reaction score
Howdy. Redskin fan here.

extremeskins is a horrible forum. They ban Redskin fans for not toeing the company line. :pukeface:

thehogs.net is much better. I'm visiting from there.

See you all in another forum. Good luck Sunday.

Redskins ironman

canfan

Reaction score
III":vhyr7qa2 said:
Howdy. Redskin fan here.

extremeskins is a horrible forum. They ban Redskin fans for not toeing the company line. :pukeface:

Redskins ironman

Thanks, I'll try that one. Made the mistake of going to the extremeskins site, not to post but just to learn more about the team. Absolutely no discussion on the strengths or weakness' of the team. I don't even know how to describe the level of discussion!

III

Reaction score
canfan":2ptw48ur said:
III":2ptw48ur said:
Howdy. Redskin fan here.

Redskins ironman

Thanks, I'll try that one. Made the mistake of going to the extremeskins site, not to post but just to learn more about the team. Absolutely no discussion on the strengths or weakness' of the team. I don't even know how to describe the level of discussion!

Let me try.

Mundane, jingoistic, juvenile, lame

III

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Pretty typical.

Fans traverse the opposing boards, pretending to respect your team or even be complimentary, followed up by some diagnosis that leans our outright favors their team.

Then you have your fans whose knowledge is limited to top stories on ESPN or NFLN.

Then you have the:
The Seahawks are cheaters
Pete Carroll is a cheater
The Hawks can't beat anybody on the road.
We have Super Bowl rings from the pre-Internet era.
Seattle pumps noise in their stadium

And they are all arguments as to why their team is going to win.

My favorites are:
The NFCE is the toughest division in football.

We had a much tougher schedule.

None of that matters, no stats, no nothing. All that matters is who plays better consistently, nothing more. I like the Hawks chances.

Shock2k

Reaction score
canfan":18jmag2u said:
III":18jmag2u said:
Howdy. Redskin fan here.

Hogs it is, see you there!

SkinsFan46

Reaction score
Vesuve":s9fg96xf said:
I read the 'extremeskins' forum "we want Seattle" thread.

Lots of pent up angst apparently Sean Taylor's passing and some small number of Seahawks fan comments.

Some reports of bad seattle fan behavior was considered not true however.

I really doubt that guy's accusation. For one, we are only hearing one side of the story. I imagine we are missing the part of the story where he is drunk and smack talking Seahawk fans and it backfired on him. The fact a mod came in and almost banned him and called him out on his past unruly board behavior tells me he most likely initiated much of what happened to him.

rsm650":s9fg96xf said:
It doesn't matter what we say or what other boards say; this game is pretty much 50/50. Obviously I want the Hawks to pull out a W. Go Hawks!

Best post I've seen to date about the match up. (except the part about wanting the Hawks to win :p )

Bitter":s9fg96xf said:
Seatown001":s9fg96xf said:
Arrogant Prig on Redskins Forum Staff ":s9fg96xf said:
(now if you're nice and polite---you don't even have to be smart---you'll only get the same from me )

Because his post is the epitome of courtesy and intelligence.

I have zero respect for forums that routinely ban people for having opinions that differ from their own.

Extremeskins isn't a very good place. It used to be, but once it became the "official" forums for the Redskins, it was soon flooded with idiots in mass proportions. Unfortunately, many good and long standing users have been banned in the process of their "clean up". The guy (Jumbo) you quote is by far the biggest dick I've ever seen on a forum board. Guy is a complete douche bag, and has no business being a moderator. In fact, he breaks some of the very rules himself with insults to people, yet turns around and says he's not. They are inconsistent at enforcing the rules, and its ended up being a huge circle jerk. You can't take one guy's statement and call it trolling or flaming, yet allow another guy to do the same. They do. It's a huge reason why I won't even register at that site due to guys like him and the other idiots. Most of the other moderators are decent. I've always been a lurker there, and always will. You will find good stuff on there, but you have to sift through a lot of shit to get it. I prefer the forum I visit as we are much smaller community with better quality of discussion. Quality > Quantity.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
III":qalidi0s said:
canfan":qalidi0s said:
III":qalidi0s said:
Howdy. Redskin fan here.

Redskins ironman

Let me try.

Mundane, jingoistic, juvenile, lame

III

Exactly the word I was going to respond with. They all converse on the same level as the mod with 13 as his age, and if that mod is 13 I would have a hard time believing anybody has ever told him he his mature for his age.

III

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3iic6ybe said:
Pretty typical.

Fans traverse the opposing boards, pretending to respect your team or even be complimentary, followed up by some diagnosis that leans our outright favors their team.

Then you have your fans whose knowledge is limited to top stories on ESPN or NFLN.

Then you have the:
The Seahawks are cheaters
Pete Carroll is a cheater
The Hawks can't beat anybody on the road.
We have Super Bowl rings from the pre-Internet era.
Seattle pumps noise in their stadium

And they are all arguments as to why their team is going to win.

My favorites are:
The NFCE is the toughest division in football.

We had a much tougher schedule.

None of that matters, no stats, no nothing. All that matters is who plays better consistently, nothing more. I like the Hawks chances.

Then there are guys like me who bring thoughtful analysis, give you credit where credit is due, question your weaknesses, identify ours, and recommend a better board than extremesucks.com.

The thoughtful analysis is in several other threads.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Well welcome to the forums '46, you have any idea's on the keys to the game? From a Redskins perspective that is.

SkinsFan46

Reaction score
Shock2k":2xmfu269 said:
Well welcome to the forums '46, you have any idea's on the keys to the game? From a Redskins perspective that is.

I think it's going to come down to turnovers and how effective our zone read is against your defense. Our offense has been sluggish the past few weeks so I'm worried about us staring the game slow. I even think our defense has outplayed them. We had 2 turnovers by Dallas last week and put up zero points. Nada. Zilch. Fortunate for us, Romo bailed us out again at the end.

Offensive Pass = Push (slightly our favor)
Offensive Run= Push (slightly our favor)

Pass Defense = Seattle (huge favor)
Run Defense= Washington (slightly)

Beyond the pass defense, they are pretty even teams as far as comparisons go. Odds don't favor teams that have to travel across the country to play so hopefully those odds pan out for us this weekend. ;)

Shock2k

Reaction score
My thoughts too. Going to come down to individual matchups and Linebacker discipline on our side. We have Browner back as a CB which is going to be a difference maker, though Lane (his replacement the last 4 weeks) has been playing really well, so not sure HOW much of a difference. Either way they will be handfull for Moss and Garcon. Lane (the replacement for browner) looked pretty darn good, and I would like to see him in some nickle looks, but that's not going to happen on this short of timeframe.

Seahawks D is obviously used to the zone read as we run the same scheme, but the same can be said for the Skins.

Both QB's also have proven the can drie 90+ yards to close out a game, so time management may come into play depending on how close things are.

Either way you have two really good teams about to duke it out. I'm looking forard to a great game!

Latest posts