ESPN Talking heads and ROTY Discussion

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Been listening to the ESPN Talking heads this morning and their discussion on the ROTY ... they barely mention Russell Wilson.

Colin Cowherd: Only discussed RGIII and Andrew Luck. His guest (Hasselbeck) says Andrew Luck was asked to do more and RGIII was only asked to put the ball in the belly of his RB and look at the Linebackers. That's the extend of what RGIII was asked to do, according to those guys. They say ... Interceptions don't matter as much as people want to talk about.

Mike and Mike: I didn't catch the whole show, but the last hour I caught, they discussed Andrew Luck and RGII. They said Russell Wilson was a nice story, but that's about it. Only Mike Gorlich was on. The other Mike was replaced by someone else. Ron Joworsky came on and say he was surprised by the play of Russell Wilson ... that's about it.

I think the Lame Stream Media has already made up their mind and Russell Wilson is NOT in their discussion ...

McG

Reaction score
***NEWS FLASH*** Seattle is still in BFE and "the Big Boys" cater to the East Coast/Big market media. Luck and RG3 were given the keys to the car right out of the gate. Russell had to earn everything from the starting job, to more freedom in the offense. The thing I'm most shocked about is that no one is mentioning that he was a 3rd round pick that came in and took a team that no one had in the playoffs to an 11-5 record. Screw ESPN and/or all others that think Hawk fans are still sleeping when they are force feeding their mainstream point of view. RW wont win, please don't be shocked though he's not in enough Subway commercials.

mikeak

Reaction score
Correction on the Cowherd show. He clarified that he wasn't giving it to either one of RG3 or Luck as he doesn't give a rip about awards. He was just interjecting into the discussion that it should be close and then argued why (lets not argue why here). His other guy on the radio that was then arguing against him said RW should be in the discussion. Colin said he completely agrees but funny thing is they kept breaking down Luck vs RG3.....

Colin made the good point with RG3 that first half of the season were bubble screens something about half the passes thrown to players behind the line of scrimmage.

The Radish

Reaction score
Is there another point to this conversation everyone has been having all season. I need to put it more clearly.

EAST COAST TALKING HEADS HAVE NEVER HEARD OF RUSSELL WILSON, they have only heard of Ugly Andrew Luck & a little bit of RGIII. Nothing has changed all season so no one should be surprised now.

:141847_bnono:

DericLee

Reaction score
Wilson throws passes all over the field.

RG3 throws screens, lots, and lots of screens.

The Radish

Reaction score
DericLee":21ia1hps said:

Shut up Deric,,,,,,,,hahahahaha

Oh, and happy New Year.

Les

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I find this meme about Luck being asked to do more a bit suspect. He led a team that gave up on their season last year back to where they were previously with basically the same talent. Before last years 2-14 season they were 9-7 and in 2009 the went to the Superbowl at 14-2. They are giving Luck way too much credit on this point and basing their choice of him as ROY on it.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
I see it like this, AL and RG were expected to step in and do well, being the first and second picks. No one gave RW any thought at the start of the year being a third round pick. The fact that RW is even being talked about with the two first round picks indicates the he had to do far more to get considered...therefor should get the nod for ROTY.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
DericLee":2m45d7d7 said:

Andrew Luck throws picks.

Fixed it for ya ;)

But yeah, you are so right on.

Dietrich

Reaction score
Luck's campaign for ROY is entirely based on the turn around the Colts experienced this season. I'm really not impressed at all by their -30 point differential. If their 11-5 record was 7-9 or so like their below-average point differential would indicate, I'm sure Luck would get far less votes.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The only award I care about is the Super Bowl MVP.

And I think Russell Wilson has a good shot at that one. Far better than Luck or RGIII, that's for sure.

Oh, and considering that RGIII made a terrible awful horrible UW defense look like a roster full of All-Pro beasts in the Alamo Bowl, I'm not worried about the Redskins. RGIII doesn't scare me one bit. He's just another supremely gifted athlete trying to play QB. I'd rather have a gifted QB. I watched Cunningham and Vick, two of the most gifted athletes in the history of the NFL, but they never lived up to their gifts as QBs. Then you look at Montana, Brady, Brees, and Elway. Some of the most awkward non-athletic QBs to ever play. They all did pretty good. We're going to destroy the Redskins, and RW is going to play a big role in that. I can't wait until Sunday. It will be the ultimate award, and one that I, as a fan, get to actually enjoy. Let Redskin fans brag about a ROTY award. I'd rather brag about my QB winning a playoff game.

Chapow

Reaction score
HansGruber":pmbbh3zw said:

Yep, and I guarantee you RW feels the same way.

HansGruber":pmbbh3zw said:
Oh, and considering that RGIII made a terrible awful horrible UW defense look like a roster full of All-Pro beasts in the Alamo Bowl, I'm not worried about the Redskins. RGIII doesn't scare me one bit.

:hmmmm:, not sure if serious.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Jaws picked Russell as his ROY. Can't remember the show, but he was with Stephen A and Skip.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
This is what we get for predicing superbowls and blowouts.
We suck and never desverve to win a game again, HTH ;)

HawkWow

Reaction score
HansGruber":1l46vqmh said:

And I think Russell Wilson has a good shot at that one. Far better than Luck or RGIII, that's for sure.

Oh, and considering that RGIII made a terrible awful horrible UW defense look like a roster full of All-Pro beasts in the Alamo Bowl, I'm not worried about the Redskins. RGIII doesn't scare me one bit. He's just another supremely gifted athlete trying to play QB. I'd rather have a gifted QB. I watched Cunningham and Vick, two of the most gifted athletes in the history of the NFL, but they never lived up to their gifts as QBs. Then you look at Montana, Brady, Brees, and Elway. Some of the most awkward non-athletic QBs to ever play. They all did pretty good. We're going to destroy the Redskins, and RW is going to play a big role in that. I can't wait until Sunday. It will be the ultimate award, and one that I, as a fan, get to actually enjoy. Let Redskin fans brag about a ROTY award. I'd rather brag about my QB winning a playoff game.

Other than the reference to the Dawg D, I agree with your every word (didn't Baylor put 777 yds on us?). Griffin is a supremely talented athlete. That doesn't necessarily translate to franchise QB. If it did, Bo Jackson would have played QB and would have been better than Montana.

Baylor, with the departure of Griffin, was picked to finish last in their conference. They barely missed a beat. Washington, IMO, look *better with Cousins than Griffin. Better as in not so NCAA-like.

IMO, he is a gimmick player like Vick or even Tebow. Look at the red gun, the wild cat, ad nauseum. Gimmicks don't last long in the NFL. I like the heck out of the kid and wish him well. He is already starting to feel the NFL and will be exposed on Sunday, IMO. The only thing that really concerns me regarding Griffin, is the bevy of picks STL got for the rights to him. That scares the bejesus out of me.

quadsas

Reaction score
HawkWow":3uhj391v said:
HansGruber":3uhj391v said:

Other than the reference to the Dawg D, I agree with your every word (didn't Baylor put 777 yds on us?). Griffin is a supremely talented athlete. That doesn't necessarily translate to franchise QB. If it did, Bo Jackson would have played QB and would have been better than Montana.

Baylor, with the departure of Griffin, was picked to finish last in their conference. They barely missed a beat. Washington, IMO, look *better with Cousins than Griffin. Better as in not so NCAA-like.

IMO, he is a gimmick player like Vick or even Tebow. Look at the red gun, the wild cat, ad nauseum. Gimmicks don't last long in the NFL. I like the heck out of the kid and wish him well. He is already starting to feel the NFL and will be exposed on Sunday, IMO. The only thing that really concerns me regarding Griffin, is the bevy of picks STL got for the rights to him. That scares the bejesus out of me.

Michael Flatley, Lord of the dance, the Irish jig guy?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Dietrich":srtaxdho said:
Luck's campaign for ROY is entirely based on the turn around the Colts experienced this season. I'm really not impressed at all by their -30 point differential. If their 11-5 record was 7-9 or so like their below-average point differential would indicate, I'm sure Luck would get far less votes.

As I stated above their record is far more about the team quitting last year than Luck doing something extra extraordinary.

HansGruber

Reaction score
HawkWow":jcphplwj said:
Other than the reference to the Dawg D, I agree with your every word (didn't Baylor put 777 yds on us?).

Did you watch the game, or just read the stat line?

Trust me, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't watch the game. The only reason I did was because at that point, everyone thought Barkley was going #2 and Griffin might fall to us somehow (or we'd trade up for him).

My grandmother's badminton team could have put up 100 points on the 2011 Husky defense. They were what, the 3rd worst defense in the NCAA? You can thank Nick Holt for that Baylor win. That's exactly what alumni and directorship did when they canned Holt.

RGIII looked terrible in the Alamo Bowl. In fact, Baylor stopped throwing the ball completely and told Griffin to stop running after one of his fumbles gave an early lead back to the Huskies. It was the Baylor RB who ran for 5 TDs that gave Baylor all those points and the win. Griffin got owned by the Huskies.