Teams in need of quarterbacks.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":gpvoi19y said:
theENGLISHseahawk":gpvoi19y said:
There is no chance Flynn will be traded for a second round pick. Pipe dream.

Yeah? I said no way Ponder would ever be drafted in the 1st round too. Throw reason OUT when dealing with QB desperate GM's clammoring for their livlihoods.
Atsright, Schneider will undoubtedly get some phone calls about Flynns availability, as there are some slim pickings in the upcoming draft for Quality Quarterbacks.
The fact that Schneider will be right up there with great talent evaluator status, Flynns Value will just make sense for some needy HCs/GMs eh?

kearly

Reaction score
SeatownJay":d2jjjhz9 said:
kearly":d2jjjhz9 said:
You didn't mention Cleveland, but new regimes mean new QBs. Maybe Cleveland moves up and forces a team like Arizona, Oakland, or Buffalo to look outside the draft for QB help.
I didn't mention Cleveland because Weeden showed flashes and I think they'll give him a shot with a coach that actually knows how to handle & teach QBs.

Weeden posted something like a -200 DYAR this year, and he turns 30 next season. New regime, new coach, high pick. I think it's a very strong possibility that they ditch a 30 year old bad QB with little NFL experience from a previous regime in favor of Barkley/Smith/Wilson. If they stick with Weeden for one more year, stranger things have happened, but Weeden wasn't a good QB this past season, even by rookie standards, and most of the NFL did not grade him in the first round. It would be somewhat analogous to Carolina passing on Newton in favor of Clausen just because Clausen was a high pick the year before.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm surprised people are still this down on Barkley. He's a player a franchise can get excited about drafting, and for the new GMs around the league, they're going to want to go that kind of route even if it is potentially too safe.