Andy Reid to Arizona (not confirmed)

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Yeah, rumors that Tom Heckert will join him. That's a pretty powerful combination if it happens.

chris98251

Reaction score
I disagree, the dream team was a lot of players thrown together more worried about their stats and touches then working together as a unit. Reid I think had control over personnel in a lot of instances so I still place blame on him but I also think he was in panic mode trying to right a ship and buy a championship. Always risky to do. I also think he lost enough support and brainthrust with people leaving to Cleveland and other places that nobody would hold him in check on bad decisions. Throw in his personal turmoil with his son and it was a dam waiting to burst.

New start, new team,and one thats not a complete overhaul I think he could restart his career on the win side. You don't just go bad if your a teacher and coach in the NFL. Sometimes it's a matter of taking to big a piece of the pie like Holmgren did. Knowing your strength and what your good at is important. Straying to be a GM and stuff is a nice thought but few seem to make that leap. Holmgren was more focused after his GM stint and team did better. I suspect depending on how the authority chain in Arizona if thats where he goes ends up he will be a better coach if thats where he is focused and stays focused.

Pete and John are an anomoly, someone like Pete that acts like he has a 24 year olds body and energy level and John a film room freak on study as a GM wanting to hands on his approach as much as possible. Many relie on their scouts and then at the end screen film with a staff of already selected players.

Shock2k

Reaction score
seahawks08":338rhpsc said:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/87206/andy-reid-to-arizona-sounds-like-a-plan

NFC West is becoming a dominant conference looks like.

Million dollar question, is Vic coming with him. Read earlier it's highly probably the Vic will go where Reid goes.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Shock2k":3lxja327 said:
seahawks08":3lxja327 said:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/87206/andy-reid-to-arizona-sounds-like-a-plan

NFC West is becoming a dominant conference looks like.

Million dollar question, is Vic coming with him. Read earlier it's highly probably the Vic will go where Reid goes.

Hope so. Vic is exactly the qb we want them to have.

chris98251

Reaction score
Vick to Arizona would be a mistake for them, a blessing for everyone else in the NFC west. A player to practice the read option on twice a year that throws interceptions.

pehawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2o5qsjxg said:
Vick to Arizona would be a mistake for them, a blessing for everyone else in the NFC west. player to practice the read option on twice a year that throws interceptions.

Not so sure. Give Vick a reasonable oline, all they have to do is send Larry on an 80 yard go route, and Vick will get it to him. I dont want ANY strong armed QB there. No, that wouldnt bring them a championship, but itd ve scary.

chris98251

Reaction score
With our defense Earl would get an INT every time he thru that deep prayer as he scramled for his life.

pehawk

Reaction score
chris98251":6dznc0dk said:
With our defense Earl would get an INT every time he thru that deep prayer as he scramled for his life.

We make QB's scramble?

It would just be scary - Vick, Fitz, Floyd would never truly contend but they'd be streaky and formidable. I feel A LOT more comfortable with a weak armed QB in a WCO throwing there.

chris98251

Reaction score
I read where they have yet to even talk to him yet, cart before the horse and media spinning off a popular story line maybe.

sturg78

Reaction score
Vick showed what happens when you protect him a year ago. Eagles line looked like it was actively trying to punish him this year.

The Radish

Reaction score
I think this would be a huge mistake on Reid's part. His life both personal and football has been in a huge turmoil for the last 3-4 years. He needs to take a break for a year and get his life and breath back under control

Do it now or be forced to do it in 2-4 years anyway. I like that guy and wish he had more brains than to jump right into another coaching where he has no control over team acquisitions.

:141847_bnono:

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2i20k24a said:
Like Pehawk said, if this was 2006, I'd be worried. Reid is no longer an effective head coach.

I'm actually really sad for that franchise and their fans. The squad of players Reid had at his disposal the last 2 seasons should have easily been good enough to win at least one superbowl. He missed the playoffs both times with them. He's just not that good. In my opinion, he would have been better of taking an OC position somewhere.

Reid, like Holmgren was, is a coach who is trying to apply 1980s football paradigms in the modern NFL. You just can't get by with execution alone anymore. The NFL today is schematically much more complex than it was in the days of Bill Walsh's prolific offense. He is a dinosaur who refuses to adjust his offensive mindset to match the complexion of the contemporary game. Reid would be a disaster in Arizona. I hope like hell he gets the job.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Reid with no quarterback. Haha! Who cares.

Vince Lombardi could rise from Hell (where he is from being a horrible father) and still not coach that crap team to a winning record.

When they get a QB, I will start paying attention.

djb28

Reaction score
This just a bad patch job if you ask me. He has had great talent in Philly for many years and hasnt been able to do anything with it. This hire will keep the Turds weighted to the bottom of the bowl.

pehawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3s63q0nx said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121034/article/andy-reid-to-tell-arizona-cardinals-hell-fix-kevin-kolb

oh great. Andy Reid says he'll "fix" Kolb. I do not want that to happen in the slightest.

Dont fret 515, the most underrated poster on seahawks.net, it took Andy 7 YEARS to BUILD a system where ANY QB could succeed there. And, in Philly he was awarded QB's in McNabb and Vick who are VERY strong-armed, so he threw long more than most WCO coaches. With Kolb, he'll have to run a more traditional WCO, which is a WASTE of Fitzgerald.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
If Reid is the guy, Horton probably takes a job somewhere else, the D has to start over again right?

Not to concerned with Reid, could be a bad hire. Really, the Cards should keep Horton, draft a left tackle.