Redskin Fan's POV

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1yc4w2gb said:
We better go get some wide receivers and a TE so we can field a team this weekend. I can't believe we forgot about those guys.

I took up begging outside the duomo yesterday so I could send the proceeds to the hawks to get wide receivers and tight ends.

OP
OP
W

Will I

Reaction score
I think thats fair for Seahawk fans to say. I have watched your team demolish the last 3 out of 4 opponents, and I'm very thankful we are not playing in your house. These 2 teams are the hottest in the NFC right now, and I think the only thing that sets these 2 teams apart will be where this game is played. This is a game that looks like the 12th man will be the MVP.

To be fair, here's a more educated post.

For the record, I am not registered there. There's no point in trying to have a discussion over there.

OP
OP
W

Will I

Reaction score
I have a few hours logged on Seahawks film already, only 25% done but already see a lot of issues we will exploit. Tough at home and average on the road.. No idea why the Seahawks fans feel so confident.

He must be starting from game 1 and going sequentially.

BamKam

Reaction score
Will I":kqpxk9xp said:
We have a more than capable squad; the time for being nervous is over. Hell we been nervous every week since we were 3-6. Now its just time to believe that we will pull it out. I love when games are personal, you play harder. Seattle has no wrs or TE which should do wonders for our D ie focusing on 2 keys. ( Lynch/Wilson). We can beat these guys. We will beat these guys... HTTR

Apparently we have "no wrs or TE".

We have no divas and tight ends who only know how to score touchdowns and can't block worth a lick.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Wow, we only have Lynch and Wilson. That's going to make Baldwin/Rice really sad. Hell even Kearse makes great caches for our team. I love all the disrespect coming from over in DC. It's getting me fired up for the game.

Twisted

Reaction score
Will I":sd8ktl52 said:
After visiting the Redskin fans forums, I keep finding myself chuckling at what they're saying, so I thought I'd start a thread to share for those who don't wonder over. If anyone else has good one's, please share. This one struck my funny bone...

I do find it HILARIOUS that every few years that go by and the Redskins decide to make the playoffs, oh guess what the Seahawks up and decided they want to get off the lazy chair and squeeze in also. Like a distant cousin who doesn't join the marathon until you do, just to annoy you.

But not this time

he's almost right... :?

since 2000 the Skins have made the playoffs a whopping 2 times! while the Hawks reached post season just a lousy 6 times since 2000...

yup those seahawks been stalkin the skinnies hard! lol

sheesh, this might be a good game after all? I'm thinking many a skins fans are going to get lost on their way to the game this sunday... :shock:

pass it on, hey Redskins fans, the game is Sunday, not Saturday, not Monday, Sunday... no excuses... :p

BlueTalon

Reaction score
You guys really want to understand Redskins fans' points of view? It has to do with a lot more than just us beating them in the playoffs. At both games, a bunch of their fans were treated like shit, having beer and smoke bombs thrown at them among other things. At the second game, some Seahawk fans said some really nasty things about Sean Taylor to Redskins fans who were still grieving. And they don't like being called racist.

It doesn't matter to them what the majority of Seahawk fans are like, if their interactions with Seahawk fans are overwhelmingly negative.

They have contempt for us as a fan base, more than any other team including the Cowboys. And they don't give a crap about what we think, just like we don't give a crap about what they think.

I'm not saying anybody has to change their ways, or anything like that. But if you want to understand Redskins fans' POV, that is some important background.

Shock2k

Reaction score
So because a couple fans are "allegedly" rude to you, you are rude to an entire fanbase.

With that said you show us well with your comments on that hilarious "extreme" board. But their general attitude towards other fans is pretty bad.

I honestly just can't give them the benefit of the doubt. Never trust a fanatic (not you, them).

Twisted

Reaction score
so a little rough housing at the game equates to Seattle stalking the Redskins?

wow, I'm a closet skins fan, wont be wearing my Skins shirt on Sunday but that wont change the fact the Hawks have played in 11 post season games since 2000 and the Skinnies have played an astronomical 3 since 2000, just cuz they lost 2 of those games to the Seahawks doesn't mean they're being stalked..

also people that assault others anywhere any time should be jailed and that doesn't mean every Seahawks fan is a criminal, good grief is this the best drama you guys can come up with?

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Shock2k":3rxi2sp8 said:
Wow, we only have Lynch and Wilson. That's going to make Baldwin/Rice really sad. Hell even Kearse makes great caches for our team. I love all the disrespect coming from over in DC. It's getting me fired up for the game.

We are getting the same disrespect with regard to how great your defense is, and you getting 5th in the ESPN poll while we were only 8th. Especially since we did beat you last year, in Seattle.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":31544jjr said:
Shock2k":31544jjr said:

We are getting the same disrespect with regard to how great your defense is, and you getting 5th in the ESPN poll while we were only 8th. Especially since we did beat you last year, in Seattle.

You beat us because Tarvaris couldn't match Rex Grossman w/ the game on the line. I trust Russell Wilson to be able to go throw for throw with Bob Griffin.

Shock2k

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":xc6stvcz said:
Shock2k":xc6stvcz said:

Fair enough, but between last year and this year you are talking about two totally different teams. The Seahawks are should be rated higher as they have a better defense, and statistically that can make a big difference in the playoffs, especially with teams going on the road.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":15noqsvw said:
Shock2k":15noqsvw said:

Last year is not this year's team. You should be ranked lower in the power rankings this year because you didn't have as strong as season as we have had this year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think they should compare our 2007 teams when doing power ratings. Makes almost as much sense as using last year's games.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Yeah, the Redskins offense, if you take the whole year's stats, has been slightly better than the Seahawks. If you look at the last chunk of games, it appears the Seahawks have edged them out. Either way, even if we concede offense to the Skins, the difference between the defenses is not slight. The Seahawks straight up have a very significantly better defense. They allow 9 points less a game than the Redskins.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Shock2k":123qq74x said:
So because a couple fans are "allegedly" rude to you, you are rude to an entire fanbase.

With that said you show us well with your comments on that hilarious "extreme" board. But their general attitude towards other fans is pretty bad.

I honestly just can't give them the benefit of the doubt. Never trust a fanatic (not you, them).
Actually, this is exactly what I'm talking about. As long as you view what happened as "a couple of fans" being "'allegedly' rude", and dismiss it out of hand, you are never going to get why they all seem to be so pissed at us.

The "alleged" rudeness during the 2005 divisional game was recorded with photos, and pretty much everyone on the board (including me -- yes, I have been a member there that long) saw them. There were personal accounts of people (women) being intimidated or threatened. IIRC a lot of Redskins-decorated cars were vandalized in the parking lot. Then two years later, when most Redskins fans were still hurting over the loss of Sean Taylor, a lot of people rubbed their noses in it, and said some really nasty, hurtful, even racist things about him. And the news spread on their board, just like it does here.

Now, I'm guessing that most people here on this board would recognize the behavior in these episodes was "classless" if not worse. Unfortunately, we have all been painted with that broad brush. Redskins fans can intellectually acknowledge that of course Seahawks fans consists of all types, and that there are idiots in every crowd, including theirs. But emotionally, they default to the position that we are classless, and therefore have little tolerance for Seahawks fans going to their board and engaging in what might otherwise be regarded as normal smack talk.

Again, I'm not saying people should change their ways, or anything like that. But it is important to understand the background, if you want to understand why people on their board respond to Seahawks fans the way they do now.

MRH72

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2pwbv1ab said:
Shock2k":2pwbv1ab said:

Actually, this is exactly what I'm talking about. As long as you view what happened as "a couple of fans" being "'allegedly' rude", and dismiss it out of hand, you are never going to get why they all seem to be so pissed at us.

The "alleged" rudeness during the 2005 divisional game was recorded with photos, and pretty much everyone on the board (including me -- yes, I have been a member there that long) saw them. There were personal accounts of people (women) being intimidated or threatened. IIRC a lot of Redskins-decorated cars were vandalized in the parking lot. Then two years later, when most Redskins fans were still hurting over the loss of Sean Taylor, a lot of people rubbed their noses in it, and said some really nasty, hurtful, even racist things about him. And the news spread on their board, just like it does here.

Now, I'm guessing that most people here on this board would recognize the behavior in these episodes was "classless" if not worse. Unfortunately, we have all been painted with that broad brush. Redskins fans can intellectually acknowledge that of course Seahawks fans consists of all types, and that there are idiots in every crowd, including theirs. But emotionally, they default to the position that we are classless, and therefore have little tolerance for Seahawks fans going to their board and engaging in what might otherwise be regarded as normal smack talk.

Again, I'm not saying people should change their ways, or anything like that. But it is important to understand the background, if you want to understand why people on their board respond to Seahawks fans the way they do now.

While those actions are despicable, it happens everywhere. Every fanbase has ~1% idiots (49ers are upwards of 40% based on my calculations)

Me and my girlfriend were harassed at a Denver game a few years back (which I didn't mind but she hated it). And I had always heard mostly good stories about Broncos fans. Point is, it's prevalent everywhere. It's unfortunate anyone has to be a moron at the game, but it happens with every fan base. Skins fans holding a grudge over a few loudmouths is ridiculous. Be mad at us for the final score, but at least admit that's why you're angry.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
MRH72":2g85o9xo said:
While those actions are despicable, it happens everywhere. Every fanbase has ~1% idiots (49ers are upwards of 40% based on my calculations)

Me and my girlfriend were harassed at a Denver game a few years back (which I didn't mind but she hated it). And I had always heard mostly good stories about Broncos fans. Point is, it's prevalent everywhere. It's unfortunate anyone has to be a moron at the game, but it happens with every fan base. Skins fans holding a grudge over a few loudmouths is ridiculous. Be mad at us for the final score, but at least admit that's why you're angry.
It would be ridiculous, if that's all it was. Was your car vandalized in Denver? Was your girlfriend groped at the game? If she had been, would it make a difference in your opinion?

Our 1% made a 40% impression. They are mad about losing those playoff games, but that isn't why the anger is visceral.

Status
Not open for further replies.