SEAHAWKS DEFENSE BUILT TO STOP RGIII?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":mdlotbdy said:
Don't forget you guys chose to copy our offense and we've had experience with it since training camp. lol

The Seahawks run a lot more than just the read option offense. We supplement our normal offense with it.

Tical21

Reaction score
seahawksTopGear":2hdvrfsz said:
I don't think the seahawks should be focusing too much on RGIII. He has a fantastic pass, we have fantastic cb. He is a great runner, we have fast linebackers and safeties. He throws great screen passes to Pierre Garcon, KJ Wright smells screen passes a mile away. He is going to get his obviously, but he is not going to win the game for Washington.

The Redskin's offense should not be working as well as it is. They run the same play again and again, now its a short pass, now a run, an RGIII run and now a screen, all from the same formation. Big whoop, this should not be working at the pro level.

So what is the secret? Its not RGIII, its the surprising sixth round rookie running back Alfred Morris. Do they coat him in vaseline before the game? That is the only thing I can think off, he is not fast, not explosive and has no change of pace, but he sure can put up yards. If the seahawks can stop him the washington offense crumbles. Their one play suddenly becomes one dimensional and will not last all game.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner. With the Seahawks' struggles this year against some power running teams, I'm much more concerned about stopping Morris than I am about stopping a gimpy RG3 and some undersized receivers. I expect a giant play from the Redskins passing game, and a rough go for them otherwise. I cannot see us losing this game if we stop Morris.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
You do realize the Redskins average about the same yds rushing in wins as they do in losses right?

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Thanks JSeahawks! Long time lurker, love the community you guys have built here.

Navyhawk, the redskins have not lost in the last seven games. Dont make the mistake of thinking they are the same team they were in the beginning of the year

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tical21":19lalwce said:
seahawksTopGear":19lalwce said:
I don't think the seahawks should be focusing too much on RGIII. He has a fantastic pass, we have fantastic cb. He is a great runner, we have fast linebackers and safeties. He throws great screen passes to Pierre Garcon, KJ Wright smells screen passes a mile away. He is going to get his obviously, but he is not going to win the game for Washington.

The Redskin's offense should not be working as well as it is. They run the same play again and again, now its a short pass, now a run, an RGIII run and now a screen, all from the same formation. Big whoop, this should not be working at the pro level.

So what is the secret? Its not RGIII, its the surprising sixth round rookie running back Alfred Morris. Do they coat him in vaseline before the game? That is the only thing I can think off, he is not fast, not explosive and has no change of pace, but he sure can put up yards. If the seahawks can stop him the washington offense crumbles. Their one play suddenly becomes one dimensional and will not last all game.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner. With the Seahawks' struggles this year against some power running teams, I'm much more concerned about stopping Morris than I am about stopping a gimpy RG3 and some undersized receivers. I expect a giant play from the Redskins passing game, and a rough go for them otherwise. I cannot see us losing this game if we stop Morris.
The Redskins specialize in creating cutback lanes. Seattle has been pretty good at being assignment sound in this area.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
we have the pieces on defense, but this is the one game where everyone is gonna have to be assignment and fundamentally correct on every single play. If we have the tinniest of breakdowns they will gash us for big plays. We cannot have any lapses come Sunday.

ensett

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":16seswji said:
BamKam":16seswji said:
We have some undersized players but are very quick which helps out a lot IMO. I think Wagner and Irvin both have huge games on Sunday.

I am curious to hear which players that you consider "undersized?"

Probably the 2 guys he listed, which is true. Irvin is tiny, and Wagner is listed 8 pounds less than Tatupu by the time he was out of here

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
ensett":1r0oxdya said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1r0oxdya said:
BamKam":1r0oxdya said:
We have some undersized players but are very quick which helps out a lot IMO. I think Wagner and Irvin both have huge games on Sunday.

I am curious to hear which players that you consider "undersized?"

Probably the 2 guys he listed, which is true. Irvin is tiny, and Wagner is listed 8 pounds less than Tatupu by the time he was out of here

Tatupu was three inches shorter and couldn't play with that weight. Wagner is right up there with other MLB's in the NFL.

By his definition we have one undersized defensive player and he is only in on sure passing downs.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":1gfzxvsc said:
Don't forget you guys chose to copy our offense and we've had experience with it since training camp. lol

I don't know about copying your offense, more so copying your guys' flexibility/willingness to tailor the playbook with fundamentals from the college game.

I think the read-option we took more from SF and Carolina. The pistol, for sure we copied, but it is not a stable or even common play for us. We used it sparingly for 2-3 games.

But the pistol is one more thing the Skins have to prep for. And the read-option is probably getting most of their attention.