I think a good defense can stop RG3, IMO. Football Outsiders sums it up perfectly:http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick- ... 012-review
Worse than his standard statistics made him look: Robert Griffin, Washington Redskins
Griffin led the league in yards per pass with a higher completion rate and half as many interceptions as Wilson, which may have you wondering how on earth Wilson finished higher in our rankings. Strength of schedule is part of it. Wilson had to run the brutal gauntlet of NFC West defenses, while Griffin's schedule was somewhat easier than average. Without opponent adjustments, Griffin's DVOA was five points higher than Wilson's; with them, it was three points lower. Also, Griffin's yardage total was skewed by a small number of very big plays. Many of his completions were actually dink-and-dunk plays. All told, 27 percent of his completions failed to gain meaningful yardage towards a new set of downs. Of the 27 quarterbacks with at least 200 completions, only Jay Cutler, Brandon Weeden, and Christian Ponder had a higher share of dumpoffs and checkdowns.
He also forgot to mention a lot of Wilson's interceptions were fluky.
1. Hail Mary against Cardinals.
2. Doug Baldwin dropped a pass against the Rams, Trumaine Johnson caught it
3. Wilson hit as he threw, Ram caught the pass
4. McCoy slipped, allowing a defender to catch the pass
5. Wilson threw to Lynch, who caught it, then bobbled the ball up, allowing Luke Kuechly to make his lone pick of the season.
6. I really blame Wilson for this one. Throws it outside of a receivers reach. Wilson has much improved since this play.
7. I blame Wilson for this one too, as he seemed to get frustrated and threw a deep ball off target, if I recall correctly. Got picked.
8. Thought Sidney Rice wanted a go route, so he threw the ball down the sideline, and Rice didn't leap in front of the defender to catch/break up the pass, instead fell down.
9. Wilson was trying to hard in a blowout, threw a contested pass to Tate, and Tate slipped a little, allowing Peterson to gain position on the ball and pick the pass off.
10. Screen fell through Turbins hands, Patrick Willis scoops it up.
4 of those are extremely flukey, and shouldn't be counted against Wilson. The other 2 against the Rams are slightly flukey. And then there are 3 I really blame on Wilson. Only 3.