Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:01 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:I love Wilson but he does hold the ball a very long time. The way you avoid sacks with that kind of pressure is to get rid of the ball quickly. I'm not sure why so many assume that every other QB in the NFL would get sacked as much when most good QB's beat those blitzes by reading the defense and changing the play call and/or getting rid of the ball quickly. Hasselbeck s QB rating went up when he was blitzed not the other way around.

most of those sacks came within 1.5 seconds of the ball being snapped, the ones he held on to for "too long" were wilson extending the play through mobility but ultimately failing to get away rather than throwing the ball into dangerous territory (something Hass did a lot)
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:30 pm
  • Hass is class, however, the only way I want him back on the team is to retire a Seahawk.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:18 pm
  • Thinking this debate could be the ultimate acid flashback to last yr. All thats needed is a clipboard Jesus sighting.
    homerun1970
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:27 pm
  • Hass is definitely guilty of trying to hard but the alternative with the weapons he had and the defense giving points like a sieve was to play conservative and simply lose. There wasn't a single aspect of our team that was stepping up. It's the same reason you have Hass diving into end zones and getting broken ribs. The other option was settle for field goals. There is a reason BMW had a decent year. It sounds good to say Mastt just threw bad pass's but really ignores the play calling by an OC that fired and the lack of targets to throw to.

I'm not saying Matt was perfect but trying to use examples of the 11 season with Rice and Baldwin a good run game and top 10 defense that doesn't force you into making things happen, is not a realistic comparison. Does anyone believe Jackson could have dug us out of any kid of losing position? If you do then go back and watch the season again because he proved he could not.

What if you took away Rice and Baldwin and our defense went back to 31st in the league with no running game and a tougher schedule, do you think Jackson would have excelled in that environment? What if he was learning a new playbook and receiving core at the same time?
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:31 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Hass is class, however, the only way I want him back on the team is to retire a Seahawk.

Agreed, it would be cool to see Matt retire as a Seahawk. After 30 years of watching the Seahawks he is the one QB who took us to the Superbowl. He will always hold a place of honor in my house.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:19 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information