Jadeveon Clowney

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Because of one play? Is he eligible?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
He's a sophomore. Not eligible until next yaer at the earliest. But he is going to be an absolute beast. He was the #1 rated recruit in the entire country that year.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Sorry, I had just turned the game on, now that I've seen him a few times, he does look good. Plays with suddenness. Nice swim move.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Sadly, he probably doesn't fit in PC's scheme. I hope he does though, such a beast. Probably goes to high for us though, we won't be picking in the top 10 for a lonnnnnng time

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3234c6tv said:
Sadly, he probably doesn't fit in PC's scheme. I hope he does though, such a beast. Probably goes to high for us though, we won't be picking in the top 10 for a lonnnnnng time

Actually he'd be a great LEO. Was a WR in high school.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
JSeahawks":bnoj9b2o said:
hawksfan515":bnoj9b2o said:

Actually he'd be a great LEO. Was a WR in high school.

Wow I just looked up his measurables.... WOW.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=DE

He is 6'6, 260 pounds, yet runs a 4.65. And he probably isn't even full grown yet, as he is 19 (!!!!!).

I want this kid on the Seahawks!!!!!! :3: :3:

BamKam

Reaction score
Unfortunately we aren't going to suck enough in order to have a shot at him.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Well here's to hoping he gets caught smoking pot at the combine then :thirishdrinkers:

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's the #1 overall pick next year. We've got no chance to land him.

Heck, as a freshman last year, he was better than his teammate Melvin Ingram and Ingram went, what, #17 or something.

JKent82

Reaction score
So how about we pull another Denver trade, 2nd for next years 1st to somebody... And this time it turns into a #1 pick.

I remember watching Clowney's high school highlights a few years ago. Just a freak. Looked unsafe playing then and still manages to today. That fact he has multiple moves at 19 is just crazy. You'd think he'd be just coasting on athleticism.

zayden185

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3btiwnil said:
He's a sophomore. Not eligible until next yaer at the earliest. But he is going to be an absolute beast. He was the #1 rated recruit in the entire country that year.

He'll go number 1 overall Next year

pehawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3q80e6mo said:
Because of one play? Is he eligible?

Husband must not allow you to watch football much?

BamKam

Reaction score
ErikG803":ro6ahprq said:
Well here's to hoping he gets caught smoking pot at the combine then :thirishdrinkers:

haha that would be great

Never understood the whole pot smoking = bad work ethic and low character

I know people who smoke every day and amazing work ethic and character.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
He would be the #1 pick if he was eligible this year. We have no chance to get him next year.

pehawk

Reaction score
The ONLY player comparison I can make for Clowney is our very own Irvin. IF Irvin maybe lead a different life leading up to WVU. One that could've afforded Irvin the type of coaching Clowney has received. Maybe that's just homerism, but the way he played reminded me or Irvin than the current champion, Von Miller.

Obviously Clowney's lightyears ahead of Irvin. But, who knows after Irvin gets some additional coaching?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think they have the same skillset. But Clowney is doing it at 6'6", 255 pounds already as a 19 year old kid. Irvin is 6'3", 248.

I'm high on Irvin and think he'll have multiple double digit sack seasons in his career but Clowney is one of those freaks of nature that only come along once a decade, imo.

pehawk

Reaction score
Agree JSeahawks. Trying to envision a current comparison. Past one would be L Taylor or Jevon Kearse. Nastier than either.