Rex Ryan mercilessly ripped to shreds.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Rex Ryan is easily my least favourite person in the NFL. Many pundits and observers insist that he's a great head coach, which I don't recall seeing much evidence of. However, this article on NFL.com argues the exact opposite, and doesn't pull any punches.

If, like me, you hate Rex, you'll enjoy this:

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000120841/ ... -rex-ryan/

Scottemojo

Reaction score
He isn't really wrong, but Schein is a long time Jets fan himself.

OP
OP
Hawkspur

Hawkspur

Reaction score
That explains quite a lot; NFL.com is usually a lot more vanilla in its negativity than this piece.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think Rex is particularly smart or a particularly good coach, but I've always liked him. I like brutally honest people.

OP
OP
Hawkspur

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Yeah, I tend to prefer people with some tendencies towards diplomacy, but to be honest I often think when he opens his mouth he's FOS. I don't doubt that you've probably seen and heard more of him than I have. But honest isn't the first term that comes to mind when I think of Ryan.

gargantual

Reaction score
I generally like the straight-forward tendency and kinda thought his bravado was cool when he "guaranteed" they go to the Superbowl ( or was it win it all?), after the first time he boasted anyway. Although even then it seemed really risky, to almost moronic levels, something that the odds just made it most likely would bite him in the ass. Kinda why I initially admired it, as something I wouldn't risk myself.

Something you could see coming a mile off, but doubtful that he'll learn from, or that just changing GMs alone can cure. Definitely wouldn't want him as our Head Coach.

BeastMode247

Reaction score
Rex is an excellent defensive coordinator and a mediocre head coach. The Jets aren't going anywhere with the Ryan/Sanchez tandem and at least one of them needs to be let go during the offseason, preferably both.

Latest posts