Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:12 pm
  • Matthew Hasselbeck ‏@Hasselbeck
    @dangerusswilson Congrats on a great season.
    Expand

Russell Wilson ‏@DangeRussWilson
    @Hasselbeck Thanks so much man it has been a pleasure watching you over the years. ...such an #inspiration
    VancitySeahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:14 pm
  • Translation "You got the juice now kid."
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:17 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:Two very classy guys.

Agreed

"Linebacker, it's not like it's rocket science," Tatupu said with a laugh. "Just hit the man with the ball."
    Knoxioushawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:19 pm
  • Got to love Hass, guess he still has a soft spot for our Hawks. Nice to see the vet supporting the rookie also.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:21 pm
  • If we trade Flynn this off season Hasselbeck would be a great veteran back up.
    VancitySeahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:24 pm
  • Bring Matthew back ~ (in the back-up role ONLY) :th2thumbs:

Flynn to the highest bidder.....(a.k.a. ~ JETS)
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:25 pm
  • Was Hass tweating Wilson asking for pointers?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:25 pm
  • VancitySeahawk wrote:If we trade Flynn this off season Hasselbeck would be a great veteran back up.

beat me to it Vancity !! :bow:
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:27 pm
  • I mentioned earlier I think it would have been great if he could be here in some capacity to enjoy this with us.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:31 pm
  • AWK-WARD
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:32 pm
  • Love it.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:33 pm
  • Very classy stuff right there!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:34 pm
  • glowingeyedseahawk wrote:
    VancitySeahawk wrote:If we trade Flynn this off season Hasselbeck would be a great veteran back up.

beat me to it Vancity !! :bow:

disagree. Hass would be a disaster behind this offensive line. Our backup needs to be mobile or at least not really old like Hass.

Love him and his history here but that is just what it is...history.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:21 pm
  • Hass is a great guy, glad he was the one that took Seattle to the Super Bowl. Nice to see him give kudos to the next guy that will take us there.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:23 pm
  • Only time I want to see Hasselbeck in a Hawks jersey is when he raises the 12 flag.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:31 pm
  • I loved Matt. But his career would have ended already if he were here last year. Thank Tarvaris Jackson for holding it together with such an awful line. He did more for this current squad than Matt did (look how many guys on the team now played with Matt as compared to those who played with Tarvaris).

Now for those who want to bash.... Matt was my favorite player. I don't think Tarvaris ever would have led us to 11 wins. But the intense love for Matt juxtapositioned with the intense hate for Tarvaris Jackson makes zero sense to me right now when considering where we are today. I love Matt for what he did in the mid-2000's and will never forget it. His 2007 season was epic on a really crappy team.

If we go shopping for backups, I'd love to have T-Jack back. He is a team guy all the way, is tougher than hell, and would probably be willing to play FB if they asked him to. I think Russell doesn't need a "coaching" backup. He needs somebody to vent to and talk to and get along with. Sort of like Matt had with Trent. Trent wasn't threatening him for his job, but Trent had a good arm and was a great teammate. Same with Seneca. He was a great backup, because he could run the ball and was always watching and charting and involved in discussions (not a guy with a best seat in the house on the bench collecting a hefty paycheck).

I still like Matt. I'm glad he follows our team, because I think he'd be surprised at how many Hawks fans follow him in Tennessee (myself included). I want to see him sail off into retirement without suffering permanent injury beyond what he already has and own the NFL Network or ESPN as a broadcaster that I actually enjoy listening to and who makes me laugh out loud frequently.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:51 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:HAWK-WARD

Fixed.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:57 pm
  • I'd love Matt back here, but really in a coaches role.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:01 pm
  • I'm with ya Shark, even though Tarvaris wasn't a great quarterback, he was a dude his team mates would rally behind. He was just such a tough, team-oriented SOB. He would never throw anyone under the bus, and his team mates loved him.
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:47 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Was Hass tweating Wilson asking for pointers?

Thanks for the LOL's tonight
    "Somebody needs to work some Photoshop magic and put Harbaugh in the car with Pete handing him a nice warm glass of Shut the F*ck Up"
    SlimHawk80
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:03 pm
  • Well said Shark, I totally agree.

Hasselbeck will always be my all-time favorite Seahawk, and would love to see him sign for a 1-day deal to retire a Seahawk. But for his sake, I wouldn't want him to be signed as a back-up. Our line isn't good enough in pass protection, he'd be killed.

And we already have a back-up QB, Michael Robinson. Yeah, he can't run from ya, but he can run through ya.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:45 pm
  • Is there any video of Mike Rob playing NFL QB, in a preseason game or anywhere, ever, NFL-wise? Just curious what he'd look like as an NFL QB.

As much as I hated TJack as a starter, I'd love to have him return as a backup to Wilson. Is Seneca Wallace even still around the league, or officially retired? He could be a good backup too, if there's anything left in the tank.
    Steve2222 wrote: "I'm going to call a spade a spade. This is a 9 win team who is going to need luck getting into playoffs."
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:53 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote: I want to see him sail off into retirement without suffering permanent injury beyond what he already has and own the NFL Network or ESPN as a broadcaster that I actually enjoy listening to and who makes me laugh out loud frequently.

I want to see him become said broadcaster and punch Marshall Faulk in his fat eye.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:59 pm
  • RW is the best. Hands down!

Hasselbeck is a favorite, always. He's classy and I am hoping he becomes a commentator or something for the NFL one day.

Don't know about you guys, but I have a ton of respect for Tarvaris Jackson. Dudes one of my favorite Hawks, even if it was only for one year. Maybe its because I respect him as a person and player who never through his team under the bus and kept his mouth shut even though he knew he had no chance here.
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:26 pm
  • Damn, I love & miss Hasselbeck the person. :(
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:37 pm
  • Jazzhawk wrote:I'd love Matt back here, but really in a coaches role.

Why couldnt Matt be our quarterbacks coach?

Or put him in the booth with Moon.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:55 pm
  • Sign Hasselback and let him retire as a Seahawk. I don't think he has a role on this team. He was a good player in his day
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:36 am

2 pac
    yummy down on this throbbing pole of hot man chicken.
    legend38
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:49 am
  • olyfan63 wrote:Is there any video of Mike Rob playing NFL QB, in a preseason game or anywhere, ever, NFL-wise? Just curious what he'd look like as an NFL QB.

As much as I hated TJack as a starter, I'd love to have him return as a backup to Wilson. Is Seneca Wallace even still around the league, or officially retired? He could be a good backup too, if there's anything left in the tank.

Robinson played a lot like David Garrard. Shorter/stocky guy that would roll and throw. I thought he'd be a very similar QB to Garrard and was surprised that SF used him as a RB. I think if Garrard's back hadn't exploded he would have been an ideal backup moving forward, but M-Rob is basically a healthy Garrard. He's got about the same build, played QB about the same way (always moving, and not afraid to run, and a real rah-rah team leader guy). So I've seen him play a ton in college and always thought they were very similar players. That's about as good of a comparo as I can give you.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:11 am
  • I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt retiring soon and being on TV. Probably with a show with his brother. As long as they don't include Elizabeth in it, that would be awesome.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:58 am
  • Good Ole' Classy Matty.

"We want the ball, we're going to score"

Love that quote!
    **ME LONG YOU LOVE TIME**
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:17 pm
  • I want Matt to get an espn gig. I feel like he would do everything in his power to get us attention.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:39 pm
  • I'd like to see Matt local. He is comes across as honest and has good insights. Maybe KIRO or KJR and ESPN regional television ?
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:42 pm
  • Saw this too, very classy. I've always liked Hasslebeck. His brother Tim does some broadcasting stuff, maybe he can get Matt a job.
    Play like a Raven!
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:47 pm
  • Happypuppy wrote:I'd like to see Matt local. He is comes across as honest and has good insights. Maybe KIRO or KJR and ESPN regional television ?

Yep he makes me want to buy an Acura.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:03 pm

This.
    hawkmanj
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:40 pm
  • I think Hass would make a great replacement for Jimmy "Limpy" Johnson on FOX NFL Sunday.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:55 pm
  • Tarvarus over Matt? Uhm no thanks. The guy is third string on the Bills for a reason. The fricken bills. Not activated for a single game this year. I'll take a QB that can read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly over a guy that doesn't use his mobility and can't read a defense or decide where to throw the ball all day long even though he limits himself to the right side of the field only.

I don't hate Jackson but I hated him as our starter for good reason and all he did was prove me right by not even being able to earn at least the back up role on a team desperate for a good QB and a team that gave up a draft pick for him so you know they gave him a chance.

This tough moniker is fabricated. Most QB's play with worse ailments than a (torn?) peck that didn't even need surgery after all. Hasselbeck played with broken ribs and only missed one game. Look around the league and you will see it is common place for QB's to play injured but we give Jackson god status because he played through an injury that apparently wasn't near as bad as we all suspected.

I'll say Jackson was a good crash test dummy. Stood way to long in the pocket and when he did try and scramble, he would run right into defenders. Many QB's would end up on IR if they played the way he did but smart QB's don't do that. They read the defense and move the ball quickly so they don't get blasted time and time again.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:29 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:Tarvarus over Matt? Uhm no thanks. The guy is third string on the Bills for a reason. The fricken bills. Not activated for a single game this year. I'll take a QB that can read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly over a guy that doesn't use his mobility and can't read a defense or decide where to throw the ball all day long even though he limits himself to the right side of the field only.

I don't hate Jackson but I hated him as our starter for good reason and all he did was prove me right by not even being able to earn at least the back up role on a team desperate for a good QB and a team that gave up a draft pick for him so you know they gave him a chance.

This tough moniker is fabricated. Most QB's play with worse ailments than a (torn?) peck that didn't even need surgery after all. Hasselbeck played with broken ribs and only missed one game. Look around the league and you will see it is common place for QB's to play injured but we give Jackson god status because he played through an injury that apparently wasn't near as bad as we all suspected.

I'll say Jackson was a good crash test dummy. Stood way to long in the pocket and when he did try and scramble, he would run right into defenders. Many QB's would end up on IR if they played the way he did but smart QB's don't do that. They read the defense and move the ball quickly so they don't get blasted time and time again.

Ok, let's say you're right. How many wins did Matt have in his last season in Seattle? How many wins did he get each of the last 2 years in Tennessee? How many wins did Tarvaris Jackson get for the Seahawks last year?

You are totally epitomizing what I'm speaking of here. You have your own set of "facts" like questioning his playing hurt and saying he really didn't essentially because he didn't need surgery. How many injuries require surgery? How many times did you Tarvaris get absolutely crushed? I saw it happen a lot. And he bounced back up every time but once. Hass would get smashed and would be day-to-day, out for weeks, etc. etc. He was constantly hurt and we were constantly having to prepare another QB for the last couple of years of his career.

So Tarvaris wasn't activated all season? Really? Hmmm.... ok. Your last point.... smart QB's don't get hurt because they get rid of the ball? Then what you're saying is that the man who you claim is so smart is not smart at all, because Matt Hasselbeck was terrible at getting rid of the ball. Think of all of the idiotic turnovers he had by flipping the ball up at the last second in his last season in Seattle. That is why he wasn't offered the multi-year deal he wanted. He did NOT take care of the football. It cost the team games. I could give specific examples if I felt like it was worth my time. You're really missing the point here and it is this... Matt is washed up. He has been for several years. Tarvaris Jackson is a good BACK-UP QB and was able to win games for the Hawks last year, the record will show it. Of course.... there will be the counterargument which can't be proven (along with everything else you say) that the team won IN SPITE of Tarvaris. I could throw back that the team won in spite of Matt his last 2 years and would have won more. He had one good game really..... the playoff game against NO. The rest of the time he looked like crap. Which shows me a lot, because the guy considered to be the best backup QB in the game (Matt Flynn before Matt Flynn) in Charlie Whitehurst couldn't even beat him out, and Tarvaris was WAY better than Charlie. So to me... Tarvaris is better than Matt and is an ideal backup.

The situation with the Bills this year has no bearing on what Tarvaris did for the Seahawks. You questioning his toughness is absolutely absurd. The team doesn't just randomly throw guys on the injury report for fun. The fact that he didn't have surgery tells you that he isn't tough. The fact that he took a beating while an offensive line learned a scheme means he isn't tough? It also means he isn't a team leader because he didn't come in and immediately replace the Bills starter this year who is making tons of cash and was the starter coming into the year and didn't get hurt? Ridiculous on all counts. Sorry.... just completely and totally ridiculous post that seems really trollific.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:43 am
  • Deep
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:02 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:disagree. Hass would be a disaster behind this offensive line. Our backup needs to be mobile or at least not really old like Hass.

Love him and his history here but that is just what it is...history.

This is the truth. God forbid Russell Wilson goes down and we had to rely on Matt Hasselbeck behind this offensive line. Russ makes our O-line look a lot better than they are. With Hass under center, it would've been a sack-fest all season long. He was a great QB when the Hawks had a solid offensive line. Like in 2005.

Matt Flynn is a much better backup at this point than Hasselbeck. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. He is one of my all-time favorite Seahawks. But he is in the twilight of his career.. I would like to see Hass come back to Seattle and play a role in the coaching staff. Maybe start as QB coach and possibly work his way up to offensive coordinator. Not sure how good he would be in that kind of position, but Matt is a pretty intelligent guy. So I think he would be a decent coach/coordinator.

I have a feeling Matt will be back in Seattle eventually. I was thinking he would take over Moon or Raible's job as a radio commentator.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:15 am
  • T. Jackson.. Great guy, wonderful teammate (I hear) and tough as nails. But as an actual NFL quarterback, lets not kid ourselves here. Jackson had very raw talent that was never properly developed. He's kind of like Tim Tebow, except he can throw a little better. Tarvaris Jackson is a second string on a last place team type of quarterback, AT BEST. I think the Bills are utilizing him well, as a third string quarterback. I hate to talk down on a guy with great character like this (especially when he has more talent than me, who am I anyway..?), but its the sad reality...

I think T-Jack would be alright in the CFL though. Not saying that as an insult. I would really like to see how he would do up in the Canadian league.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:44 am
  • Will always be a Matt fan. Glad he left. Kudos for the shout out.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:53 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:Tarvarus over Matt? Uhm no thanks. The guy is third string on the Bills for a reason. The fricken bills. Not activated for a single game this year. I'll take a QB that can read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly over a guy that doesn't use his mobility and can't read a defense or decide where to throw the ball all day long even though he limits himself to the right side of the field only.

Whats funny is Tarvaris' one year here was better than Matt's last year here.

Hasselbeck 2010:
    SEA
    14 266 444 59.9 3,001 6.76 12 87 17 6 40.4 73.2

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... hasselbeck

12 TD's and 17 INT? You would want that backing up Wilson? also add in the zero mobility and less than admirable arm

Tarvaris Jackson 2011:
    SEA
    15 271 450 60.2 3,091 6.87 14 61 13 5 37.7 79.2

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... is-jackson

Slightly better, but almost similar. Less INT's and more TD's, and a tad higher rating. I'd rather have this on my bench behind Wilson, a better arm and a lot better mobility and a dude that'll lay it on the line, not to mention TJacks younger.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:29 am
  • Except that Jacksons only year here he had a much better receiving core, OC, Defense, O-line, running game and schedule.

How's he doing in Buffalo?
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:37 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:Except that Jacksons only year here he had a much better receiving core, OC, Defense, O-line, running game and schedule.

How's he doing in Buffalo?

Well, Hass couldn't get on the field unless Locker was hurt, and Locker was terrible.

You have a sentimental attachment to Hasselbeck, we get it. but based on age alone he loses to Jackson. Add in those final seasons here, and there is no comparison. It's over dude.

Doesn't matter, neither one is coming back here IMO. Unless they sign Hass to one of those one dollar one day retirement party contracts.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:52 am
  • we're still getting Jackson hate here?

I'm sure Wilson would have struggled with a torn pec and a receiving corps consisting of pre2012 Tate, Obomanu, Ricardo Lockette, Deon Butler and Doug Baldwin.

Maybe not 14TDs 13INTs struggle, but that's still a better season than the following quarterbacks put up:

Ryan Tannehill, Jake Locker, Chad Henne, Blaine Gabbert, Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassel & Brady Quinn, everyone that started for Arizona, hell, his QB rating last year was even better than Luck's this year and people are talking about him seriously for rookie of the year.

Jackson isn't the answer if you want a QB who'll go out and put the team on his back on the way to victory, but there are only a handful of guys in the league like that and NONE of them are backups, there's probably only about 10-12 of them in the league. However, he's much more of a fit for our current system than Hasselbeck.

Just look at the Rams game, Wilson is one of the most elusive QBs in the game and got sacked what, 6 times? He avoided probably 6 more. Jackson would probably avoid 3 of those. Hasselbeck would get hit every single time
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:57 am
  • I love Wilson but he does hold the ball a very long time. The way you avoid sacks with that kind of pressure is to get rid of the ball quickly. I'm not sure why so many assume that every other QB in the NFL would get sacked as much when most good QB's beat those blitzes by reading the defense and changing the play call and/or getting rid of the ball quickly. Hasselbeck s QB rating went up when he was blitzed not the other way around.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:46 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:I love Wilson but he does hold the ball a very long time. The way you avoid sacks with that kind of pressure is to get rid of the ball quickly. I'm not sure why so many assume that every other QB in the NFL would get sacked as much when most good QB's beat those blitzes by reading the defense and changing the play call and/or getting rid of the ball quickly. Hasselbeck s QB rating went up when he was blitzed not the other way around.

Maybe so, but Pete hated the interceptions.
    Matt was prone to making bad decissions and threw the ball up for grabs in his last couple Seasons here, which drove Pete nuts.
    Jackson was too much of a statue, and couldn't even beat out Flynn.
    Pete loves Wilson for several reasons, mobility to buy time, uses the whole field (un-Jackson), has earned the respect of his team mates (like Jackson) makes big plays even when the protection breaks down, and runs like a RB hellbent for first down, or better,
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information