Sweezy vs Haslett?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
You got sand boy,,, SAND I tell ya. :0190l:
That shit is hard to get outta the skivys ain't it? :shock:

Zowert

Reaction score
I am definitely scared with this scenario. Washington really likes to blitz. They were blitzing the Cowgirls like there was no tomorrow (and there wasn't if they lost). So you can bet they'll be putting the heat on Russell Wilson. However, I am confident in Wilson's ability to play against a blitz heavy defense. He has already shown he can dissect even the best defensive units in the league.

Playing on the road, especially in Washington, where 100,000 Skins fans will be in attendance. Now that is scary... But I really believe the Hawks can pull this one off. The offense and defense is hot. The game against the Rams may not have lived up to their efforts in the last part of the season. But I also think the Rams defense is highly underrated when they're playing well.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sweezy is doing just fine. Check him out in the 12th fan video. I don't know why everyone is so worried after the Rams game, they have three 1st rounders on the defensive line and will make anybody look bad. Robert Quinn beat Okung for a sack, should we be worried about his playing ability now?

Robert Quinn 10.5 Sacks, Chris Long, 11.5 Sacks, Michael Brockers 4.0 Sacks. St Louis Rams 50 sacks. Remember how many sacks we had when we went to the Superbowl?

Washington has nothing like the talent that St Louis has on defense. Remember, the Rams almost beat SF, in SF, and they did beat them at home. And just a reminder, we won that game.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
People thinking Sweezy won't struggle after last week are crazy. Haslett knows his business, all he has to do is slowplay Sweezy. Sweezy is so much by far the most athletic of our O-line, but he is still run by his defensive instincts in pass pro. Give him no one to block for half a second, and he commits to helping somebody else even if it costs gap integrity. He attacks. Speed of the game issues for a rookie and a defensive player's nature.

He will get better, but the veteran linebackers in Washington will get him a couple of times.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
ivotuk":2y81bm07 said:
Sweezy is doing just fine. Check him out in the 12th fan video. I don't know why everyone is so worried after the Rams game, they have three 1st rounders on the defensive line and will make anybody look bad. Robert Quinn beat Okung for a sack, should we be worried about his playing ability now?

Robert Quinn 10.5 Sacks, Chris Long, 11.5 Sacks, Michael Brockers 4.0 Sacks. St Louis Rams 50 sacks. Remember how many sacks we had when we went to the Superbowl?

Washington has nothing like the talent that St Louis has on defense. Remember, the Rams almost beat SF, in SF, and they did beat them at home. And just a reminder, we won that game.

That is why they have to blitz.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3vuhd061 said:
He will get better, but the veteran linebackers in Washington will get him a couple of times.

I agree. Which then makes the question, are those few times they get him worth the likely boost he gives you in the running game?

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
On the skins / dallas game I seen more rush 3's then blitzs.
and I think sweezy will impress all the doubters.
my 2 cents.

themunn

Reaction score
Scottemojo":333i38dw said:
People thinking Sweezy won't struggle after last week are crazy. Haslett knows his business, all he has to do is slowplay Sweezy. Sweezy is so much by far the most athletic of our O-line, but he is still run by his defensive instincts in pass pro. Give him no one to block for half a second, and he commits to helping somebody else even if it costs gap integrity. He attacks. Speed of the game issues for a rookie and a defensive player's nature.

I noticed that on one play in particular, I wondered why he didn't hold the gap but as someone that didn't play football, just assumed it was because he was supposed to go help out rather than stay there.
Makes a lot more sense the way you've put it, that's something that should be picked up in the film really clearly before next week though, so hopefully we'll see a lot less of it

HawkHouse

Reaction score
pehawk":26wgptjc said:
Everyone else is intimidated by Jseahawks so much, they're leaping in to protect him. But, it's Stolkohem Syndrome. He says similar all the time.

I'm glad you stood up to him.

That's some funny ass stuff right there

HawkHouse

Reaction score
pehawk":3u02hps7 said:
Wenhawk":3u02hps7 said:
It's hard to be credible as a ducks fan.

Great point.

H8R ... nothing wrong with being a Duck fan, you UW fans are just jealous cause you can't slap us around like you used to back in the day ...

Those days are long gone ... and it pisses you guys off something fierce doesn't it !?!?!

;)

Edit: Back to the OP, I hope we can pick up the blitz and burn em' big time. Russ has got wheels too, I bet they're gonna be very well prepared for this game, IMO.