Richard Sherman...pre-season goal acheived

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
True, Scutter; but to be honest, I was almost hoping the Rams would tie it up so we could go into overtime to give Wilson a chance to break Peyton's record.

I know, I know...I can't help it. I wanted that for him (and my own bragging ego; I admit it) badly.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3hoc8cm3 said:
Tech Worlds":3hoc8cm3 said:
Who said that? Not me.

To be fair, you implied it; even if it was unintentional. It sounds like that's what you think about him, to most of the rest of us in this thread.

Nope. I said he needed to tone it down. Nothing about hiding in the shadows.
I like the attitude. I like the trash talk. Just not each an every day.

Oh and I should not even say needed to. He doesn't really because look how he plays. I just said that it wasn't really my style.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I've never really been fans of braggadocious, in-your-face players, but when they're on your team and playing at a high level (GP) it is so much fun!

kearly

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3q378erw said:
Here is my unpopular view of Sherman.

He is a hell of a player but I honestly wish he wouldn't be so bragadochous.

Just not my style. His play should,does, and will speak for itself. He takes away from his greatness at times with his look at me attitude.

Dude is great player, and a great team mate but I feel he hurts his perception with his mouth.

Unpopular view around here, I know.

I don't really see him as that type. He's not Deion Sanders. He's just having fun. :twocents:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":fx9fyje0 said:

Just not my style. His play should,does, and will speak for itself. He takes away from his greatness at times with his look at me attitude.

Dude is great player, and a great team mate but I feel he hurts his perception with his mouth.

I can respect that.

If he has a bad game or two, he just doubled the criticism he will get. Or more. When you constantly talk it, you must constantly walk it.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1jczmyjz said:

I hate cockiness, but I absolutely love Shermans cockiness. He does it imo to put a target on his back on purpose. And he backs it up.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Steve2222, you might be on to something, here. Sherman might be baiting QBs outside of games to try and get them to throw on him. Hmmm...interesting. More targets = more opportunities.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Sherman's the best CB on the planet and I can't believe we have people here bitching about him. He's not even 'Trash-talking' he's FACT talking and backing every bit of it up.

Go Sherman.

OlyHawk

Reaction score
He is definitely a leader by example of his play. Our secondary has "It". I look forward to seeing more of it against the skins.
Go Hawks!

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Steve2222":1oejgeyr said:
Tech Worlds":1oejgeyr said:

I hate cockiness, but I absolutely love Shermans cockiness. He does it imo to put a target on his back on purpose. And he backs it up.

I remember I read an article that said right before Brady threw the pick to Sherman, Sherman was trash talking him a whole bunch, saying stuff about how he never threw to his side. Then Brady tried it, and voila, pick.......

But yeah, he said he used his trash talk to get QB's to throw at him. Probably the reason Brady threw that ill-advised pass.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
After many years of mediocre CB play from players like Kelly Jennings and Josh Brown, I'll take Sherman and Browner every day... and some attitude that comes with them.

Sherman's cool. Not over the edge like some here think.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3pluxvir said:
Sherman's the best CB on the planet and I can't believe we have people here bitching about him. He's not even 'Trash-talking' he's FACT talking and backing every bit of it up.

Go Sherman.
Well said. Concur 100%

onanygivensunday":3pluxvir said:
After many years of mediocre CB play from players like Kelly Jennings and Josh Brown, I'll take Sherman and Browner every day... and some attitude that comes with them......
Well said. Concur 100%