NFL.com's Adam Rank Thinks Seattle Will Win It All

SE174

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -favorites
Adam Rank":1864iqcp said:
Russell Wilson will become first rookie quarterback to win Super Bowl
The Seattle Seahawks are going to win the Super Bowl. Only the Denver Broncos, the team I expect Seattle to beat, are a more complete football team at this point. The Seahawks are great defensively, as they rank fourth in total defense. Offensively, Russell Wilson has played beyond his years, and he's buoyed by a strong rushing attack with Marshawn Lynch.

Of course, critics will point out that no rookie quarterback has won a Super Bowl. But look at all of the surprising things that have happened in the NFL this season: Three rookie quarterbacks led their teams to the playoffs; a couple of second-year guys are mixed in, too; Peyton Manning and Adrian Peterson both rebounded from devastating injuries. And you want to say a rookie quarterback winning the Super Bowl is far-fetched?

Smart man. :th2thumbs:

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Every year, it gets closer and closer to some team winning with a rookie QB. It could happen this year, 3 rookie QB's all got a shot.

Osprey12

Reaction score
Hate to bring up bad memories but wasn't Rapeburger a rookie against us?

tomahawk

Reaction score
I'd rather just worry about Washington this weekend. All the SB talk this early in the playoffs gets me nervous. No one wants to see them win the big one more then I, but I almost like it better without the media hyping us up.

two dog

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that and it scared the bejeezus out of me. I'm a great one for jinx's and
that was the worst kind. Weeks premature and wildly overconfident.

You know where pride goeth.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
This is New Year's Eve...sounds like Adam might have got a head start on "the season". There will always be a writer who trys to get a "head start" on the rest of his compatriots in the business. One chance in twelve sounds like pretty good odds to me.

tomahawk

Reaction score
I would hate to meet Denver in the SB. Manning was born in New Orleans - it would be another Bus back to Motown type of BS crap to hand him a SB in his home state.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
tomahawk":mu8cezdy said:
I'd rather just worry about Washington this weekend. All the SB talk this early in the playoffs gets me nervous. No one wants to see them win the big one more then I, but I almost like it better without the media hyping us up.

Most teams in the playoffs will get SB talk, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I feel kinda bad for the leaders though, as they are expected to outright beat everyone, like Denver, who is supposed to view the rest of the AFC as a speed bump to the Superbowl. Those teams that are heavily favored usually seem to fall short of winning a superbowl lately (2010 Pats, 2010 Falcons, 2011 Texans (even though they lost the starter), 2011 Packers, ect.).

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Not worried about Denver, if Seattle made it to the Superbowl and was as healthy as they are now then I would like them to win the whole damn thing. I don't care about Peyton returning home or whatever BS narrative the media adopts for that showdown.