Sweezy vs Haslett?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Sweezy vs Haslett?
Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:26 am
  • I trust the staff, and truly believe they should be able to impose their will rushing on da Skins. That would mean Sweezy over Moffit, I'd guess? But, I'm still not sure it's worth it.

I dont think Sweezy getting significant time was something Harbaugh anticipated and gameplanned for. But, teams that HAVE gameplanned for Sweezy starting, have bitched slapped Sweezy on pass protection. All it takes is a stunt and/or overloaded look, and presto...a sack on Wilson. Haslett will most certainly do the same damn thing.

Anyone think Sweezy still starts this week?
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Re: Sweezy vs Haslett?
Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:28 am
  • I think he starts and I think he's ready to handle the task. Just don't see us getting punked by the same scheme twice in a row.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:29 am
  • I think he probably will but I hope he doesnt and i'm with you that it scares the hell out of me. He's pretty good at run blocking but is lost and confused in pass protection, especially when teams blitz or stunt to his size.

To be honest, I think he's the only reason we might lose the game.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:30 am
  • I'd like to think Sweezy will learn fron yesterday, but is that a risk to take NOW?
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:44 am
  • One thing is for certain, the skins will be blitzing regularly. We just need to identify the problems and make the correction.

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    nwgamer
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:48 am
  • It aint easy being Sweezy :(
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:41 pm
  • JSeahawks........I am a long time visitor to this board but I had to post something when I saw your idiotic remark earlier....

"To be honest, I think he's the only reason we might lose the game."

That has to be one of the most absurd things I have ever seen and its even worse thats its coming from a Moderator on this board. If you honestly think one person (besides the QB) is going to lose or win us any football games you have zero idea what you are talking about. Please remove your head from your ass before you lose the tiny bit of credibility you have left.
    The Dirty Truth
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:44 pm
  • The Dirty Truth wrote:JSeahawks........I am a long time visitor to this board but I had to post something when I saw your idiotic remark earlier....

That has to be one of the most absurd things I have ever seen and its even worse thats its coming from a Moderator on this board. If you honestly think one person (besides the QB) is going to lose or win us any football games you have zero idea what you are talking about. Please remove your head from your ass before you lose the tiny bit of credibility you have left.

Well, welcome to the board. :) Perhaps I was a bit harsh on Sweezy (who I have high hopes for in the future). I just fear he's a weakness that the Redskins might exploit with their blitz packages.

JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:46 pm
  • The Dirty Truth wrote:JSeahawks........I am a long time visitor to this board but I had to post something when I saw your idiotic remark earlier....

Tell him! Jseahawks is ALWAYS doing these things. I'm too intimidated by his mod stature to say anything.

Bout damn time someone call him out.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:50 pm

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:53 pm

Happy birthday!!!
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:57 pm
  • Everyone else is intimidated by Jseahawks so much, they're leaping in to protect him. But, it's Stolkohem Syndrome. He says similar all the time.

I'm glad you stood up to him.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:07 pm
  • Yeah, J is as corrupt as it gets. Damn web fascists and their hidden agendas. I would have chimed in sooner, but I ran out of aluminum foil. Stupid fiscal cliff.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:08 pm
  • About to get my ban hammer out!!!

p.s. Mods are people too, sometimes they say stupid things. I learned from Absolute.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:14 pm
  • See Dirty? Now he's trying to veil his threats with humor.

We all have classic battered wife syndrome. I feel like one of Bing Crosby's children, when Bing would come home drunk.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:25 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    The Dirty Truth wrote:JSeahawks........I am a long time visitor to this board but I had to post something when I saw your idiotic remark earlier....

Well, welcome to the board. :) Perhaps I was a bit harsh on Sweezy (who I have high hopes for in the future). I just fear he's a weakness that the Redskins might exploit with their blitz packages.

That there classy, don't care who ya are.

He better improve at recognition on blitzes or we are going to be in trouble.
    I got faith in Cable though.

Bring it on least politically correct named team in the NFL.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:30 pm
  • Getting someone so mad with some random comment on a message board that they register for said message board to tell you how mad they are about that thing you said......

Well, that's a gosh darn gift. I, for one, will be drinkin' one for J tonight.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:32 pm
  • Sweezy Todd will kill the Redskins. ;)

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:06 pm
  • It's hard to be credible as a ducks fan.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:08 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:It's hard to be credible as a ducks fan.

Great point.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:11 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:It's hard to be credible as a ducks fan.

Great point.

It's hard to be humble as a Ducks fan! But I still mingle down here in the depths with all you middle of the pack Huskies.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:16 pm
  • You got sand boy,,, SAND I tell ya. :0190l:
    That shit is hard to get outta the skivys ain't it? :shock:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:36 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    pehawk wrote:

Great point.

It's hard to be humble as a Ducks fan! But I still mingle down here in the depths with all you middle of the pack Huskies.

HE HE, you used "Humble" and "Duck" in the same sentence.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:24 pm
  • Did someone let Sweezy's mom near the computer again?
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:54 pm
  • I am definitely scared with this scenario. Washington really likes to blitz. They were blitzing the Cowgirls like there was no tomorrow (and there wasn't if they lost). So you can bet they'll be putting the heat on Russell Wilson. However, I am confident in Wilson's ability to play against a blitz heavy defense. He has already shown he can dissect even the best defensive units in the league.

Playing on the road, especially in Washington, where 100,000 Skins fans will be in attendance. Now that is scary... But I really believe the Hawks can pull this one off. The offense and defense is hot. The game against the Rams may not have lived up to their efforts in the last part of the season. But I also think the Rams defense is highly underrated when they're playing well.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:20 am
  • Sweezy is doing just fine. Check him out in the 12th fan video. I don't know why everyone is so worried after the Rams game, they have three 1st rounders on the defensive line and will make anybody look bad. Robert Quinn beat Okung for a sack, should we be worried about his playing ability now?

Robert Quinn 10.5 Sacks, Chris Long, 11.5 Sacks, Michael Brockers 4.0 Sacks. St Louis Rams 50 sacks. Remember how many sacks we had when we went to the Superbowl?

Washington has nothing like the talent that St Louis has on defense. Remember, the Rams almost beat SF, in SF, and they did beat them at home. And just a reminder, we won that game.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:49 am
  • People thinking Sweezy won't struggle after last week are crazy. Haslett knows his business, all he has to do is slowplay Sweezy. Sweezy is so much by far the most athletic of our O-line, but he is still run by his defensive instincts in pass pro. Give him no one to block for half a second, and he commits to helping somebody else even if it costs gap integrity. He attacks. Speed of the game issues for a rookie and a defensive player's nature.

He will get better, but the veteran linebackers in Washington will get him a couple of times.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:01 am
  • ivotuk wrote:Sweezy is doing just fine. Check him out in the 12th fan video. I don't know why everyone is so worried after the Rams game, they have three 1st rounders on the defensive line and will make anybody look bad. Robert Quinn beat Okung for a sack, should we be worried about his playing ability now?

Robert Quinn 10.5 Sacks, Chris Long, 11.5 Sacks, Michael Brockers 4.0 Sacks. St Louis Rams 50 sacks. Remember how many sacks we had when we went to the Superbowl?

Washington has nothing like the talent that St Louis has on defense. Remember, the Rams almost beat SF, in SF, and they did beat them at home. And just a reminder, we won that game.

That is why they have to blitz.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:02 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:He will get better, but the veteran linebackers in Washington will get him a couple of times.

I agree. Which then makes the question, are those few times they get him worth the likely boost he gives you in the running game?
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:19 am
  • Wenhawk wrote:It's hard to be credible as a ducks fan.

At least we know what a win looks like. :P
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:32 am
  • On the skins / dallas game I seen more rush 3's then blitzs.
    and I think sweezy will impress all the doubters.
    my 2 cents.
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:35 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:People thinking Sweezy won't struggle after last week are crazy. Haslett knows his business, all he has to do is slowplay Sweezy. Sweezy is so much by far the most athletic of our O-line, but he is still run by his defensive instincts in pass pro. Give him no one to block for half a second, and he commits to helping somebody else even if it costs gap integrity. He attacks. Speed of the game issues for a rookie and a defensive player's nature.

He will get better, but the veteran linebackers in Washington will get him a couple of times.

I noticed that on one play in particular, I wondered why he didn't hold the gap but as someone that didn't play football, just assumed it was because he was supposed to go help out rather than stay there.
    Makes a lot more sense the way you've put it, that's something that should be picked up in the film really clearly before next week though, so hopefully we'll see a lot less of it
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:48 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Everyone else is intimidated by Jseahawks so much, they're leaping in to protect him. But, it's Stolkohem Syndrome. He says similar all the time.

I'm glad you stood up to him.

That's some funny ass stuff right there
    I reject your reality and substitute my own
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:53 pm
  • pehawk wrote:

Great point.

H8R ... nothing wrong with being a Duck fan, you UW fans are just jealous cause you can't slap us around like you used to back in the day ...

Those days are long gone ... and it pisses you guys off something fierce doesn't it !?!?!

;)

Edit: Back to the OP, I hope we can pick up the blitz and burn em' big time. Russ has got wheels too, I bet they're gonna be very well prepared for this game, IMO.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information