DeAndre Hopkins

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Stud. Stud. Stud. Stud.

First round pick.

Sensational tonight against LSU - and he's been sensational all year. Pure hands catcher. Superb, crisp routes. Adept at creating separation. Enough speed to make big plays. Tonight Sammy Watkins left the field on the first Clemson drive, and this guy still dominated the game. He's not the biggest, but he's one of the best receivers to enter the league in the last few years.

Stats vs LSU tonight - 13 catches, 190 yards and two excellent touchdowns. Had key plays all night, including a 4th and 16 completion in the last drive of the game. Clemson wins 25-24.

What's more, he's extremely driven and intelligent. He talks schemes in his interviews. Not an ounce of diva in his body. Hasn't complained when Watkins gets the bulk of the attention. Fans in Clemson love him.

Man I'd love to see this guy in Seahawks blue. This is a good draft.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I'm impressed, damn, he just kept making plays when Clemson needed them.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Not to take anything away from the QB Boyd who was also superb... but man Hopkins made some money tonight. Insane. You don't do this to LSU.

I'm not a fan of any specific college team but always enjoy seeing Clemson doing well.

SilNWest

Reaction score
I love this guy. I haven't been able to watch much Clemson this year, but every time I watch them I notice this dude. I actually really like Boyd as a back-up for Russell if we can get him in the 5th or so too.

I think that Hopkins may even last until the 32nd pick (where the Hawks will draft), he should probably be drafted around the 20-26 mark, but I wouldn't be amazed if he dropped a little bit.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
This is the guy I want, and I've been telling my father that for the past six or eight weeks. I've seen Clemson play a few times he is a playmaker pure and simple. Yes, our wide receivers have played better in the last half of the season, but it simply makes me drool to think about what Wilson could do with a weapon like Hopkins. DROOL!

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
You can just tell he wants to be great, too. Totally fits the attitude of this team. Loved that story during the game about him setting goals every year and he's achieved every single one so far in his career. The only one left on the list for this season was to become a first round pick in the draft. You can just picture him in early with Wilson during the off-season throwing and catching endlessly.

Just draft the guy.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I'm sure Seattle will get some great talent this year, Hopkins made a huge case to get picked in the first round with that performance.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":o7rkupwu said:
Is he a top 10 type guy or do we have a legit chance at him without a ridiculous trade up?

He's a top-20 talent but such is the NFL I think there's a legitimate chance he lands to a position where Seattle can draft him. I don't think he'll run an amazing 40 (probably 4.45-4.5 range) and he doesn't have elite size. But everything else is incredible - control, routes, hands catcher, attitude, competitive spirit. In many ways he looks like a typical Seahawks pick. And thus typically the type of player other team end up regretting they passed on.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2f25f5f9 said:
JSeahawks":2f25f5f9 said:
Is he a top 10 type guy or do we have a legit chance at him without a ridiculous trade up?

He's a top-20 talent but such is the NFL I think there's a legitimate chance he lands to a position where Seattle can draft him. I don't think he'll run an amazing 40 (probably 4.45-4.5 range) and he doesn't have elite size. But everything else is incredible - control, routes, hands catcher, attitude, competitive spirit. In many ways he looks like a typical Seahawks pick. And thus typically the type of player other team end up regretting they passed on.

Sounds like a much more high ceiling'd version of Bobby Engram.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I think there's a lot of Roddy White to his game. White was the #27 pick in 2005, ran a 4.45 and he's 6-0, 211lbs. Hopkins will run a similar time, is 6-1 and 205lbs and will probably go in the same draft range.

kearly

Reaction score
Based on how he compared to last year's WR class I'd probably compare his draft stock to Kendall Wright. Nothing about his physical tools "wow's" you, but he's got high first round caliber ability in a late 1st round body. Wright was also a guy who really helped his stock a ton during his final year just like Hopkins just did.

Wright went #20 overall. The sheer volume of FA WRs and WRs in the draft with round 1-2 grades could water things down and cause Hopkins to slide just a little further, but I suspect he'll go in the 15-25 range. We'll probably need to move up for him, but based on the hype level right now I don't think you'd need to go the full Julio Jones to get him.

Seattle can stay put and still get a nice WR at either of their late 1st picks, but Hopkins is almost too perfect for us to not move up for.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I was going to post this same thing today. I don't think I have been that impressed by the clutch gene of a receiver in a long time.
I want this kid.

Chapow

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":21uhu1dk said:
What do you mean "either of their late first round picks"?

Wait, what?

Do we have 2 1st round picks this year?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sounds like a Schneider Green Bay pick for sure. Hope Pete doesn't pass him up for Cordarelle Patterson.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Chapow":3df00pxt said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3df00pxt said:
What do you mean "either of their late first round picks"?

Wait, what?

Do we have 2 1st round picks this year?
No. I think Kearly was meaning we could get a receiver with one of their earlier picks in the draft, like 1st or 2nd round.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He would be PERFECT for the Hawks. The type of reliable talent that could grow with Wilson for the next 10 years and add much needed depth at WR. I would be thrilled with that pick