Are you implying the only way to beat Washington is to injure RG3? or am I reading this wrong.
reading it wrong, I'm just saying don't let up because he is lame, in fact let him know playing against the Hawks while he is injured is a poor choice..
shouldnt be hard to contain his run, I'm more worried about his passing, he will most likely be staying in the pocket looking for quick short passes due to his inability to sprint effectively, and with Seattle's quickness on the defense you have to know thats going to be their game plan?
1. control the clock
2. avoid 3rd down situations
2. utilize play action
if Hawks can stop their run game I think they will have a good day
aside from all purpose yards and long rush (morris not in the top 10) the Washington Redskins are among the leaders in almost every rushing category there is..
1. rushing yrds... morris #2 w/1613, yup he beat out Marshawn for the #2 spot by 23 yards, (why I said Marshawn has to step it up to get the #2 spot)
2. rushing att's... morris #2 w/335, yes they like to give him the ball
3. rushing TD's... morris #2 w/13, morris can score in the red zone
4. yds/rushing att's... Robert Griffin #1 w/6.8 pc, morris #9 w/4.8 pc, this team runs the ball
5. yds rushing per game, morris #2 100.8 per game
6. rush/receive TD's, morris #3 in a 3 way tie with 13 APTD's, they will throw to morris in the end and red zone
all of this equates to the Skins being a run first team, with RG hurt and knowing the Seahawks will be focusing on morris and RG they will almost have to design a passing attack and have a back up plan if morris can not get the run game going..
all I am saying is contain morris, let RG know he is going to get hit hard early and often the Hawks will almost certainly force the Skins into a throwing game?
the question is who will be RGs targets?
seems to me if RG is not mobile he will be throwing quick short passes, into the flat, screens, shovels whatever, and who would be the best choice as a receiver?
most likely morris, RG leads in pass/att yrds with 8.1 and is also #2 in long pass w/88 yrds so he likes to throw medium to deep as well... this is where Hawk defenders come in and shut em down! critical!!!
close down the long pass, force him to throw short, lead off and hit that short stuff hard, knock the ball out.. Skins will have a long day...
Seahawks D gets some defensive scores they should advance but shutting down the morris and RG run show will be key...