Playoff odds football outsiders

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Playoff odds football outsiders
Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:28 am

Re: Playoff odds football outsiders
Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:31 am
  • Atlanta has a much higher chance of going to the NFC Championship (understandable given that they have to win one home game and we have to win two road games) yet they have a lower SB win chance. Weird. Go Hawks.
    We want the ball and we're gonna score.
    LawHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:35 am
  • I think it's interesting that we have the 4th highest odds to go to the SB seeing that unless we play Minnesota at some point, we will have to win all games on the road. I guess we are not as bad on the road as the media makes us out to be.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:36 am
  • Even the stats are saying the Donkeys have the best chance at winning the SB in NOLA. Go figure. Mannings birth hometown. Ugh!
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:08 am
  • dumb or dumber :) - love that quote
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:20 am
  • Greenhell wrote:Even the stats are saying the Donkeys have the best chance at winning the SB in NOLA. Go figure. Mannings birth hometown. Ugh!

If the Seahawks don't win the Super Bowl I want the Broncos to.

Now this is confusing, because I spent so many years hating horse-smile Elway and his team, but I'd like to see Manning get another Super Bowl in the Manning-Brady debate. Brady is top notch but I've always considered Manning to be a level above him because he's a mastermind; Brady's the ultimate play executor. I think too much emphasis is put on Super Bowl wins when we're talking about players, particularly QBs. Marino doesn't get as much credit as Elway (even though I think he and Manning are the best since I started watching football) because of the Super Bowl vacancy.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:38 pm
  • bmorepunk wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:Even the stats are saying the Donkeys have the best chance at winning the SB in NOLA. Go figure. Mannings birth hometown. Ugh!

If the Seahawks don't win the Super Bowl I want the Broncos to.

Now this is confusing, because I spent so many years hating horse-smile Elway and his team, but I'd like to see Manning get another Super Bowl in the Manning-Brady debate. Brady is top notch but I've always considered Manning to be a level above him because he's a mastermind; Brady's the ultimate play executor. I think too much emphasis is put on Super Bowl wins when we're talking about players, particularly QBs. Marino doesn't get as much credit as Elway (even though I think he and Manning are the best since I started watching football) because of the Super Bowl vacancy.

NEVER! I never want to see Manning or Denver ever win another Super Bowl. You see, I live in Colorado and the rivalry between myself and friends who are Bronco fans still runs deep after all these years. Still to this day, no respect and they think the Hawks are less of a team. Screw that!
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:00 pm
  • It's so amusing when statisticians and other non-scientists run a HUGE number of test simulations using the same deterministic seed data without any account for stochastic drift. As if our grand, bizarre, chaotic universe can be so easily described.

True non-determinism can not be simulated by rolling a dice with a fixed number of faces an infinite number of times. You must roll a dice with an infinite number of faces, and the number of times is unimportant.

Therefore, their results are mathematically less accurate than having a drunken blind man pick names from a hat at random.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:06 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:Therefore, their results are mathematically less accurate than having a drunken blind man pick names from a hat at random.

Depends, is it a top hat or a sombrero? budweiser or tequila?
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:13 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:It's so amusing when statisticians and other non-scientists run a HUGE number of test simulations using the same deterministic seed data without any account for stochastic drift. As if our grand, bizarre, chaotic universe can be so easily described.

True non-determinism can not be simulated by rolling a dice with a fixed number of faces an infinite number of times. You must roll a dice with an infinite number of faces, and the number of times is unimportant.

Therefore, their results are mathematically less accurate than having a drunken blind man pick names from a hat at random.

LOL, So what you're saying, is that these odds are predicated by a desired outcome of these prognosticators?, LOL,if so, I agree
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 pm
  • SNDavidson wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:Therefore, their results are mathematically less accurate than having a drunken blind man pick names from a hat at random.

Depends, is it a top hat or a sombrero? budweiser or tequila?

Mmmmm tequilla...and I'll be wearing my sombrero tonight.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information