Josh McDaniels notifies teams he will stay at NE/not seek HC

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • Notified teams wonder, "how did he get this number?"
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• Smart. He's a good O-coordinator, learn under Belichick for a couple-three years and then get a good HC gig elsewhere.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I'm a bit surprised he turned down Cleveland. I like their ownership and that's a pretty fantastic roster.

But, hey, got to give the guy props. He's obviously not solely interested in dollars.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Plus I think he knows he made a mess of things during his first time as head coach and isn't going to make the jump this time until he knows he's ready. I agree with Roland: smart move.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• pehawk wrote:I'm a bit surprised he turned down Cleveland. I like their ownership and that's a pretty fantastic roster.

But, hey, got to give the guy props. He's obviously not solely interested in dollars.

McDaniel's downfall as an OC with StL last year was that his offense is pretty complex, with practically every WR having a few route options on every play. IMO, it's a brutal offense to install with an inexperienced QB. Too many options for too many players to run when your QB is still trying to learn to read the defense. I think he'd fail in Cleveland, at least initially.

Now, San Diego would've been a good landing spot in my opinion. The holdovers are already used to an abrasive ass, having dealt with AJ Smith, and the offense has a lot of veteran skill players who could do McDaniel's calculus.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information