Fumble return for td overturned

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
It was the correct call. It was a very close call, but they got it right after the replay.

lukerguy

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":18fi1n1l said:
To me it looked as if the arm came forward because of the hit. I thought it was a fumble but oh well, at least this didn't change the outcome of the game.

This. I agree 100%. His arm was yet to move forward until contact was made (which the impact forced it forward). However, this may not make a difference? The ball was definitely released while coming forward, so perhaps someone more astute to the rules would be able to answer this question.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
If I had a vote I'd say the QB should be held to the same standard as any ball carrier who has to maintain control throughout a catch. I've seen too many "incomplete passes" due to a ball wiggling WHILE IN THE RECEIVER'S HANDS. But when a QB actually flops the ball around the field like a hot potato, he gets a free pass? Maybe it's apples & oranges, I dunno. But I don't get a vote anyway, so...

captSE

Reaction score
"Was his arm moving forward". What a lame rule by the NFL. This really needs to be re-looked at with intentions of *What can this rule do to the play in certain situations.

Who was his target? Was it really a fumble? Was it intentional grounding? No matter what, I believe the QB had a plan B when he knew his pass was not going to happen and his ass was going to be planted. *Move your arm forward so that they retain the ball because it can be ruled a incomplete pass.
What crap.

Chapow

Reaction score
It was the correct call and I don't really think it was a very close call. When that happened in real time the first thing I said was "Nope, that's coming back, they are going to call that an incomplete forward pass." It looked pretty obvious to me. After the very first replay, the other 5 people I was watching the game with all thought that, absolutely no question, they are going to rule that an incomplete forward pass.

grizbob

Reaction score
How many here think if it was Wilson it would've been a fumble? :stirthepot: :3-1: just asking :D

Seanhawk

Reaction score
grizbob":1olryc97 said:
How many here think if it was Wilson it would've been a fumble? :stirthepot: :3-1: just asking :D

Not me. Sam Bradford and the Rams are hardly the darlings of the NFL. It was the correct call.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Pstark3":33qbqhrx said:
I thought that the ball came out just before his arm was moving forward and he pushed the ball forward... maybe it was just my homerism
No, you are right, I saw OUR defender hit Bradford in the chest, knocking his torso backwards and his arm extended foreward as a result, because IF that was indeed a foreward pass, who was his intended receiver?,, to me?, It was either a forced fumble, or intentional grounding. :141847_bnono:

mikeak

Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's thoughts. I think 100% it was unquestionably a fumble and not even close. My father-in-law was watching as well and I immediately seeing it live (only watched the last 10 minutes of the game) said it was an incomplete and he disagreed. As soon as we saw the replay we knew I was right. Bradford was hit, arm was moving forward doesn't matter why or how. Ball was in control in his hand and went to the ground. incomplete. Refs treated it right let the players play through overturned on replay.

My take-away. With so many so convicted this was a bad call I will adjust my thinking on future disputed calls on the board.......:) I guess somewhere in the back of my mind I have always known this since my TEAMS always gets screwed by the refs.