Anthony Mcoy

legend38

Reaction score
Most tight ends run down the line when sent in motion.Anthony skips down the line like a school girl every time,its freaking hilarious.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
He's pretty awesome. Wish he was a little more reliable. And smarter. But I like him.

Atradees

Reaction score
I wish he would have been more on target with that stiff arm. He wiffed it big time. Great big hard to tackle guy.
He may be better with more reps. I am disappointed in whaat I see from Miller. Yeah he has been good; we paid him to be great not good.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not his best day. Drew the penalty on that first TD to Miller and then on that 49-yard pass to Baldwin he gets a holding penalty, plus dropped an easy pass... Not sure what I think of him yet.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I like Zack Miller's play at TE, but I have no idea of the "value" of his contribution relative to the $$ he makes. He has made a lot of big plays at key times this year, and been consistent, and by all accounts he is kick-ass as a blocker. In PC/JS I trust, as far as any offseason matters. In the meantime, I'm damn glad Miller is on the team making plays, and he is the clear #1. McCoy has far exceeded expectations though, made big plays, caught most balls thrown to him. Dude can't really run but at least he can catch most of the time. Now I'll watch for the skipping thing!

pinksheets

Reaction score
Atradees":2te1rzut said:
I wish he would have been more on target with that stiff arm. He wiffed it big time. Great big hard to tackle guy.
He may be better with more reps. I am disappointed in whaat I see from Miller. Yeah he has been good; we paid him to be great not good.
My only issue with Miller is he seems rattled/gunshy. He seems tepid about reaching the ball out (might be a coaching thing minimizing turnovers) but also seems very reluctant to fight hard for yardage, possibly due to his concussions. I get that, but I want a guy who is going to get those key first downs when it's a matter of inches. I think Miller is worth the money for what he provides as a run blocker and pass catcher, just need to see that little bit more to feel really good about him.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Yeah lol I called that earlier in the chat room. He frolicks across the LOS

pinksheets

Reaction score
Pstark3":3nl6vg56 said:
Yeah lol I called that earlier in the chat room. He frolicks across the LOS
Made me think of this.

[youtube]5gRzctH0DSo[/youtube]

canzag

Reaction score
He does but he is my most improved hawk of the season though.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Atradees":1bikyqmn said:

Nice timely signature swap.

nsport

Reaction score
legend38":17tinvn4 said:
Most tight ends run down the line when sent in motion.Anthony skips down the line like a school girl every time,its freaking hilarious.

I saw quite a few "not sure" and "mistake" comments about McCoy - but you really gotta love this guy. Tons of issues last year catching the ball, I think he may have 1-2 drops all year, including the catchable ball yesterday. This "skip" thing he does is awesome. It reminds me of being a db and looking for that little hitch in someones gait that tells you they are breaking left/right/button - just another thing for the defense to think about - which I love. His attitude and energy are also one of the more appealing things about our team chemistry that - another shining part of this guy's game that people don't talk about. He's been playing way above expectations - I expect huge things from him in the playoffs!

taz291819

Reaction score
pinksheets":3qi3r51a said:
My only issue with Miller is he seems rattled/gunshy. He seems tepid about reaching the ball out (might be a coaching thing minimizing turnovers) but also seems very reluctant to fight hard for yardage, possibly due to his concussions. I get that, but I want a guy who is going to get those key first downs when it's a matter of inches. I think Miller is worth the money for what he provides as a run blocker and pass catcher, just need to see that little bit more to feel really good about him.

I think that's exactly it, and I really don't blame him. The reason I don't blame him is that he still goes over the middle and takes big hits. That's good enough for me.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
McCoy seems to me like one of those guys that people end up saying how awesome his physical attributes were and what incredible potential he had but the guy never fully realizes any of it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
McCoy is to TE what Ryan Mallett is to sprinting QB's. Let's just say that while he's not terrible, he's not competition-proof either.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
McCoy is a work in progress for me. Just wonder how long you give him to come good. Flashes of brilliance but the drops and untimely penalties are his homework areas.

Latest posts