Funny thing about our matchup with Redskins

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what K Shanahan does. Dallas was committed to stopping big plays downfield yesterday, and that's a big reason we won...that and they probably thought their offense would be able to outscore ours using that strategy of not allowing any quick scoring plays.

However, I fully expect you guys will commit to stopping Morris, and allow your very physical secondary man up on our WRs.

Cleveland tried that in the game RGIII was out...it worked for a half...but then they were destroyed with bootlegs and roll out passes. However, your secondary is much better than theirs overall so I doubt this will be anything other than a tough fight where every first down feels like a mini triumph in itself.

mikeak

Reaction score
Atradees":2eymwvaa said:
This is Shanahan were talking about. His olines are notorious.

THIS!!!

How many superstar running backs can come from one head-coach before we give proper credit there. Doing so doesn't say that Morris isn't a threat actually to me the opposite. Shanahan will game plan for the Seahawks to make Morris succed and I am scared that he is going to tear us up.

We need to get to RG3 quickly and often to take out the read play from the equation and then focus on regular passes and running plays....

We need quick points on the board to make the skins pass the ball more and create turnovers that way.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Our linebackers will be key in stopping RG3. Fortunately, they've already played brilliantly against the read-option from a scrambling QB in two such games this year, Carolina and vs SF. So I'm somewhat confident.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Dallas had a good game plan going into this but Romo made too many mistakes. Seahawks haven't played RG3 but we have played Niners whose strengths on offense is similar to the redskins. CK is as mobile and as dangerous as RG3 at this time. Both can throw the deep ball well. Having said this our priority still should be to stop Morris and to contain RG3. We have the talent in the secondary to play man coverage and to play physical near the line. I just hope our OC and DC goes into this game with aggressive strategies--I know Washington will likely throw everything at us.

The Radish

Reaction score
I'm guessing this supposed advantage is based on stats right?

So we aren't going to have to play the game? Just get ready for the next week.

:roll:

mrblitz

Reaction score
it looks like fed-ex stadium has grass? if so, that's an 'equalizer'.

as already mentioned, a potential game in atlanta actually looks more winnable.

with a grass surface, this here game with the redskins looks even-steven.

btw... good to hear from you, riggo.

happy new years everyone!

hawksfan515

Reaction score
We are being watched....

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread. ... e%29/page2

Local media reports are that RG 3's awkwardness with his running is mostly driven by wearing the knee brace as opposed to the injury itself, so if they wanted to risk his health to go full out for a win they'd take the knee brace off so he can be more spry. Point is they are protecting him.

Thanks for the post. There was a couple of years where I'd frequent opposing teams boards and did so with Seattle before the Skins matchup in 2007 -- this isn't of course directed at you -- but recall leaving with the impression that some of the Seahawk board members were the most chesty and confident posters I've ever seen and would rough you up if you challenged their opinions.

I was curious to see if things have changed so I just checked it out. The main thread at the moment on one board about the game is that the Seahawks are distinctly better at EVERY position on the field save 2 (QB and RG) and those two positions are just debatable draws at worst. Wow.

Granted, its not fair to peg a full fan base based on some posts but yeah some of the Seahawks board posts were pretty strong in 07 and its stuck with me.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61341

cesame

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":i1vesaqs said:
Yeah, this is definitely the higher hurdle than atlanta.

If we Play Atlanta down there in that nice quiet stadium with turf, they have no shot. none.

Atlanta doesn't have a quiet stadium

LuvMySkins

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":dmn50p4n said:
Our linebackers will be key in stopping RG3. Fortunately, they've already played brilliantly against the read-option from a scrambling QB in two such games this year, Carolina and vs SF. So I'm somewhat confident.
I've gone back and watched both games. In the 9er game they ran at most 3 Zone Read plays the entire game. You guys were gouged on 2 runs by Gore. The other I believe was an incomplete PA pass. Saying you played "brilliantly" against the "read option" in that game is false as you barely had to defend it and when you did it wasnt very good.

Carolina doesnt run nearly as much of it as we do nor do they have as effective a running game but they gave you guys a decent dose of it and even there I wouldnt say you played it "brilliant". You did avoid giving up huge chunks though.

Your LBs will be put under constant pressure to make quick decisions since we run almost our entire offense out of multiple Pistol looks that may or may not be Zone Read. Your D hasnt seen anything as dynamic as the Skins offense can be.

Largent80

Reaction score
LuvMySkins":sa4gu03a said:
Your LBs will be put under constant pressure to make quick decisions since we run almost our entire offense out of multiple Pistol looks that may or may not be Zone Read. Your D hasnt seen anything as dynamic as the Skins offense can be.

There is tons of film to watch, a seasons worth, and we have speedy LB's as well as the safety position.

drastik

Reaction score
salukihawk12":1sykhf3h said:
Save for a questionable push at QB and maybe RG, we have arguably a better player at every single position on the field on both offense and defense. Of course, this personell advantage doesn't guarantee a win, but I don't think we play too many teams where there isn't one player on either side of the ball who is clearly better than our starter.
Can you explain how you came to this conclusion?

youngchew

Reaction score
Tattooedseahawk":166xappv said:
Just realize that as much as we want to get at RGIII, they are going to take notes from the Rams and come constantly after RW.

This. Did you guys see the Cowboys/Redskins game last Sunday?! Jim Hasslet was bringing the house on Romo, and it worked all night.

The problem with Wilson though, although Romo has good pocket presence, he's not nearly as athletic as Wilson.

If we bring the house after Wilson and he's able to spin out away from the pressure and create time with 1 on 1 coverage, the redskins are screwed. But if they can get to him, it'll be a problem all night for Seattle.

D'angelo Hall is coming off his best game as a Redskin last week and COMPLETELY shutdown Dez Bryant. If he can do that with Sydney Rice, and the Redskins can contain Lynch (you can't stop him), the Skins might have a shot.

I agree with the poster that said this game will come down to the arms of RG3 and Wilson. It really bothers me that Seattle won't have to face a 100% RG3, because when fully healthy he's a nightmare. but I guess that's the price you pay with a QB that takes off sometimes.

Latest posts