Richard Sherman's Interception

strohmin

Reaction score
After watching that play a few times, I can't help but think that Richard Sherman took it upon himself to break his zone and save the Hawks. Our pass rush failed yet again and Sherman's football IQ and athleticism saved them. That looked like a clear touchdown if Sherman doesn't read that.

I am not sure if the rams offensive line is really that good or our D-line is over rated, but I am thinking that if we are going to succeed this year, we are going to have to live with seeing defensive plays designed to play deeper zones and allows the dinks and dunks because our pass rush failed miserably yesterday.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I don't understand why they keep Red at LE when teams are going pass, pass, pass....... why not move Red inside and put Bruce out there more? Im just a fan, not a DC.....so maybe this isn't the thing to do.

ensett

Reaction score
I dont know how to find numbers on how many snaps each player gets in, but Red and Branch are probably in on the vast majority of plays, and they are 2 of the worst pass rushers youre going to find in this league, its not a surprise we have trouble getting to the QB, our scheme just isnt set up for it.

nsport

Reaction score
I think someone mentioned this in a previous thread - so if it's a repeat just slap me silly.

It seemed (I was at the game) that their plan for Bradford was not to let any big plays happen and keep everything in front of them. I certainly didn't notice a ton of success by the Rams on the offensive side of the ball - they hardly rushed for anything and only scored 13. Call me crazy, but the plan was likely to play conservative base 4 and blitz only when necessary (the ET blitz on the final drive comes to mind).

From a scheming point of view, I have to think this was the plan as to not reveal too much for the playoff run. I would expect more of the KP gameplan against RGIII which should be vastly noticeable how different these strategies from the 49ers to the Rams, and now to the Redskins.

zayden185

Reaction score
I think we are playing straight up..rush 4 cover with the rest...play football, not alot of scheme, hold teams to fgs while we control the ball an now score TDs on the back end...i only watched the second half but saw some pressure, wasnt there a review on a Bradford sack/fumble?

Natural let down after a Niner win, and then woke up in second half...secured the meaningless win other than record, still would have had 5 seed

more impressed they closed it out and didnt bag it

tomahawk

Reaction score
Not a doubt that Sherman broke coverage. Lucky Bradford didn't pump fake there and throw back outside. He is playing at such a high level right now. Huge snub for the PB.

dunceface

Reaction score
One reason our pass rush may not have been as successful yesterday was because it looked like they kept extra people up front to block for them on almost every play...add to that all the holding no calls
But we played through it and still won

BWRyan

Reaction score
Sherman said in post-game interview that it was a good play call, that he ended up w/ two responsibilities on that play and he had to make the choice of who to cover -- what turned out to be the right one.

Dude is awesome.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
BWRyan":15v9g46j said:
Sherman said in post-game interview that it was a good play call, that he ended up w/ two responsibilities on that play and he had to make the choice of who to cover -- what turned out to be the right one.

Dude is awesome.
Heard that interview too. Man, glad he was there.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Sherman has Jedi mind control over opposing QBs.

RS: You don't need to see my coverage and range.
Bradford: I don't need to see his coverage and range.
RS: This is not the receiver you're looking for.
Bradford: That's not the receiver i'm looking for.
RS: You can throw the interception now.
Bradford: I can throw the interception now.

Heh heh heh...

taz291819

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":16nchjy4 said:
I don't understand why they keep Red at LE when teams are going pass, pass, pass....... why not move Red inside and put Bruce out there more? Im just a fan, not a DC.....so maybe this isn't the thing to do.

I think yesterday it was just to keep Bradford in the pocket. Irvin sometimes over-pursues, which would let Bradford escape the pocket, buying more time. Big Red keeps it contained.