So How Did Your Preseason Prediction Fare?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
1 Sun, Sep 9 @ Arizona Cardinals - WIN --OOPS
2 Sun, Sep 16 vs Dallas Cowboys - WIN --HOORAY
3 Mon, Sep 24 vs Green Bay Packers - WIN --THANKS REFS

4 Sun, Sep 30 @ St. Louis Rams - WIN --AWW FUDGE
5 Sun, Oct 7 @ Carolina Panthers - LOSE --SURPRISE SURPRISE
6 Sun, Oct 14 vs New England Patriots - LOSE --DEAD WRONG
7 Thu, Oct 18 @ San Francisco 49ers - LOSE --DANGIT!!!
8 Sun, Oct 28 @ Detroit Lions - LOSE --AWW MAN

9 Sun, Nov 4 vs Minnesota Vikings - WIN --YAY
10 Sun, Nov 11 vs New York Jets - WIN --YAY
11 Bye -- SOLID
12 Sun, Nov 25 @ Miami Dolphins - WIN --POOP
13 Sun, Dec 2 @ Chicago Bears - WIN --YEAH
14 Sun, Dec 9 vs Arizona Cardinals - WIN --SUPER!
15 Sun, Dec 16 @ Buffalo Bills - LOSE --WHAT?
16 Sun, Dec 23 vs San Francisco 49ers - WIN --DANG RIGHT
17 Sun, Dec 30 vs St. Louis Rams - WIN --YAY!!

FINAL RECORD: 11-5
PLACE IN DIVISION: 1st.

Look at that late season winning!

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I went 8-8 so I'm pleasantly surprised. :thirishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
I picked 11-5, but missed on several individual games and thought we'd be div champs.

Not bad though, if I do say so myself.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Before the season started, I told any one of my friends and acquaintances who would listen that the Hawks would go 11-5 or 10-6 and grab a Wild Card spot. When I had to pick one, I went with 10-6 as to not sound like a homer even though I truly believed in 11-5. I'll never doubt myself like that again, that was the lessen there.

As far as predicting the individual games goes, that was a lot more difficult. I didn't keep track or predict in any of the threads, although I plan on doing so next season, but I feel like we won some games I thought we'd drop and visa versa.

Congrats to all the people who picked 11-5, that's pretty awesome. You guys n gals had the faith to believe that the team would improve by 4 wins, and they did. Live it up, a cheers to you.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
I said 10-6 - 1 game off

I said tied with the 49ers - 1/2 game off

I said 8-0 @ home - correct , 2-6 on the road - 1 game off

12-4 game by game before season, 12-4 game by game during season

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":3snoj01y said:
I said 10-6 - 1 game off

I said tied with the 49ers - 1/2 game off

I said 8-0 @ home - correct , 2-6 on the road - 1 game off

12-4 game by game before season, 12-4 game by game during season
I was pretty similar... predicted 10-6... tied with SF but we would win the NFC West by applying the tiebreakers.

Next year I'll be a bit more optimistic. :)

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Didn't pick any individual games, but here's what I had for the NFC West:

49ers 10-6
Seahawks 10-6
Rams 6-10
Cards 4-12

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm going to call Sarlacc83 the winner. Got the record right, correctly predicted 12 of the games (who predicted we'd lose to MIA but beat CHI?), and came closest to calling it second in the division.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":320m156t said:
1 Sun, Sep 9 @ Arizona Cardinals - W
2 Sun, Sep 16 vs Dallas Cowboys - W
3 Mon, Sep 24 vs Green Bay Packers - W
4 Sun, Sep 30 @ St. Louis Rams - W
5 Sun, Oct 7 @ Carolina Panthers - L
6 Sun, Oct 14 vs New England Patriots - L
7 Thu, Oct 18 @ San Francisco 49ers - L
8 Sun, Oct 28 @ Detroit Lions - L
9 Sun, Nov 4 vs Minnesota Vikings - W
10 Sun, Nov 11 vs New York Jets - W
11 Bye
12 Sun, Nov 25 @ Miami Dolphins - W
13 Sun, Dec 2 @ Chicago Bears - L
14 Sun, Dec 9 vs Arizona Cardinals - W
15 Sun, Dec 16 @ Buffalo Bills - W
16 Sun, Dec 23 vs San Francisco 49ers - W
17 Sun, Dec 30 vs St. Louis Rams - W

PLACE IN DIVISION: 1st

I did alright. I correctly predicted a 4-4 start, as well as the 7-1 finish!
Also called the Dallas and GB wins, the SF and DET losses. Not great, but not too bad as it turns out. :) :thirishdrinkers:

morgulon1

Reaction score
Aros":1k9uc66j said:
I actually do recall hearing a lot of folks pick 11-5.

I have to say kudos to the majority of us that picked 11-5. I was thinking 10-6 but I felt 9-7 was more realistic. What is funny
is that the Hawks did the opposite of what we as fans thought would happen. But if you told me we would have 11 wins at the start of the season ( and a lot of you did!) I would be thrilled.

I'm taking a step back and I'm feeling very satisfied with the season were having considering we werent supposed to really start making a run until next season.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Seahawk Sailor":3la1k89g said:
1 Sun, Sep 9 @ Arizona Cardinals W - Arizona just doesn't have the offense to contend with our defense.
2 Sun, Sep 16 vs Dallas Cowboys W - Home opener is going to be a huge advantage, especially with as stoked as the fan base is this year.
3 Mon, Sep 24 vs Green Bay Packers L - Close, high-scoring game, but a letdown after a huge win the week before.
4 Sun, Sep 30 @ St. Louis Rams W- Rams offense is going to meet our defense just when they are starting to click.
5 Sun, Oct 7 @ Carolina Panthers W - Good road test, and our defense and offense steps up to the job.
6 Sun, Oct 14 vs New England Patriots - L New England is not going to be the juggernaut they have been in recent memory, but they win this in a tough fought game.
7 Thu, Oct 18 @ San Francisco 49ers L - On the road against one of the toughest defenses proves to be an emotional learning experience.
8 Sun, Oct 28 @ Detroit Lions - L - The Lions are a solid team, and will be just a little better at home, giving us back-to-back-to-back losses and a whole lot of soul searching.
9 Sun, Nov 4 vs Minnesota Vikings W - Our defense will eat their offense alive, and our offense will be out to prove something in front of the home crowd.
10 Sun, Nov 11 vs New York Jets W- The Jets will be a lot worse than people think, and our defense will feast on whoever they have riding the quarterback carousel by then.
11 Bye - A much needed rest late in the year.
12 Sun, Nov 25 @ Miami Dolphins W - We will be rejuvenated against a bad team with a lot of problems on offense.
13 Sun, Dec 2 @ Chicago Bears L - The Bears will be a tough road test that we come up just short in.
14 Sun, Dec 9 vs Arizona Cardinals W - The Cardinals' defense will not maintain their strength after carrying the offense all year.
15 Sun, Dec 16 @ Buffalo Bills W - An indoor game in Toronto won't give them nearly the home field advantage they need.
16 Sun, Dec 23 vs San Francisco 49ers W - We rebound at home to avoid the sweep and take a huge bite out of their hopes to win the division.
17 Sun, Dec 30 vs St. Louis Rams W - At home against the Rams to close out the division and playoff position will set things up for a huge game.

PLACE IN DIVISION: 1st, a game ahead of SF, and the number 3 seed in the playoffs.

But for that tie!

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I went with 9 wins. We had a lot of unknowns going in, I didn't expect Carp at all , Rice was off surgery etc

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Like a lot of folks I said 10-6 but I also said tied for first in the division figuring the Whiners would slip due to their having nearly no injuries last year. I do think they'll slip a bit next year though.

grizbob

Reaction score
I didn't, cause I knew you were going to do this Todd :0190l:

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I can't clearly remember, but I believe I picked us to go 11-5 for the season. It was mostly homeristic optimism speaking, but I do believe I stated 11-5 in that thread.