Funny thing about our matchup with Redskins

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Save for a questionable push at QB and maybe RG, we have arguably a better player at every single position on the field on both offense and defense. Of course, this personell advantage doesn't guarantee a win, but I don't think we play too many teams where there isn't one player on either side of the ball who is clearly better than our starter.
    salukihawk12
    NET Rookie

• Can't argue with that at all. Even better, I think we match up very well at every position. Sherman & Browner v. Garcon & Moss comes to mind.
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Skins are busted up...
    If you think RGIII is healthy...Phfat!
    All the Hawks need to do is smash him a few times when he tries to run...
    Calling Kam Chancellor... Kam Chancellor line 3...
    Idiot rookie trying to run the ball...BANG!
    Could we see Cousins?
    Wartooth
    NET Veteran

• salukihawk12 wrote:Save for a questionable push at QB and maybe RG, we have arguably a better player at every single position on the field on both offense and defense. Of course, this personell advantage doesn't guarantee a win, but I don't think we play too many teams where there isn't one player on either side of the ball who is clearly better than our starter.

Yikes.. Moss and Garcon are two of the fastest WRs in the league!
    VancitySeahawk
    NET Veteran

• Now we get to see if we can defend the read option. They were brilliant at it tonight, and RGIII can make the read the Kaepernick could not. His WR's and TE's were free when he made that read.
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

• VancitySeahawk wrote:
    salukihawk12 wrote:Save for a questionable push at QB and maybe RG, we have arguably a better player at every single position on the field on both offense and defense. Of course, this personell advantage doesn't guarantee a win, but I don't think we play too many teams where there isn't one player on either side of the ball who is clearly better than our starter.

True, but they still have to fight to get off the LOS, and that timing is very crucial to have any kind of success.
    Not thinking, nor saying that we hands down, win this one but we do match up better by a long shot, than the Cowturds did tonight.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Clemons and the LBs are gonna be crucial to stopping the read zone option runs. Even getting back BB is huge as he is most definitely our best CB against the run (Sherm pretty solid as well). I get the feeling this will be about RGIII and his passing game and not so much his legs. I am a little concerned about how seasoned BB will be. He does still get occasionally burned on the deep pass plays. Ironically, I think his last huge blunder was against the Skins last season at home.
    kmedic
    NET Veteran

• Las Vegas likes the match up as they have us an early 2 1/2 point "Favorite".
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I'm not too worried about their read option. It works best if they have a run game going, and teams have a difficult time getting a run game against us. I feel the success for the Redskins comes squarely on RGIII's throwing. He's the only one who can win this game if Morris can't run against us.

If RGIII can win this game, I won't have much of a problem of him getting ROTY
    parson420
    NET Practice Squad

• Maybe if we ring RG3's bell enough times they will change their approach. I thought I heard that the way around the read option is to just put a hit on the QB enough times. Let them play their little magic show, just be prepared to take a hit.
    Apeman00
    NET Practice Squad

• This is Shanahan were talking about. His olines are notorious.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Just realize that as much as we want to get at RGIII, they are going to take notes from the Rams and come constantly after RW.
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

• I watched the cowboys/redskins game..... after too many plays, I couldn't help but think ... that wouldn't have happened if they were playing the Seahawks.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• scutterhawk wrote:
    VancitySeahawk wrote:
    salukihawk12 wrote:Save for a questionable push at QB and maybe RG, we have arguably a better player at every single position on the field on both offense and defense. Of course, this personell advantage doesn't guarantee a win, but I don't think we play too many teams where there isn't one player on either side of the ball who is clearly better than our starter.

True, but they still have to fight to get off the LOS, and that timing is very crucial to have any kind of success.
    Not thinking, nor saying that we hands down, win this one but we do match up better by a long shot, than the Cowturds did tonight.

You are hereby banned from the use of commas.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Its going to be a fight for sure...I don't expect you guys to wilt the way Dallas did when we got physical with them.

Seeing "mom-beater" Dez Bryant break both mentally and physically with back was gratifying. All week seemed to be focused on how great he was and how he would dominate our secondary...
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• RiggoReincarnated wrote:Its going to be a fight for sure...I don't expect you guys to wilt the way Dallas did when we got physical with them.

Seeing "mom-beater" Dez Bryant break both mentally and physically with back was gratifying. All week seemed to be focused on how great he was and how he would dominate our secondary...

"[Seattle] is built for twelve-rounds"
    --Richard Sherman

If anything I expect the Redskins to wilt as the game wears on.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• Good to have you back, Riggo. This game is going to be a monster. I'd say the biggest concerns for the 'Skins have to be our very good D and your weak secondary. Wilson has made a habit out of exploiting weak secondaries this season.

Our biggest concerns are obviously your run game, and getting pressure on RG3. Your receivers are fast, but our secondary is one of the best in the league, and Sherman seems to be on a mission now. I recommend not throwing near him. Or Browner. So....you got the slot....that's it :)
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• falcongoggles wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:Its going to be a fight for sure...I don't expect you guys to wilt the way Dallas did when we got physical with them.

--Richard Sherman

I dont expect that. The Redskins are tough and are playing at home.

RG3 is a good leader. He leads by example and I dont beleive he will quit and wont allow his team to quit either. This game is going to be tough right down to the last snap.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    falcongoggles wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:Its going to be a fight for sure...I don't expect you guys to wilt the way Dallas did when we got physical with them.

--Richard Sherman

I dont expect that. The Redskins are tough and are playing at home.

RG3 is a good leader. He leads by example and I dont beleive he will quit and wont allow his team to quit either. This game is going to be tough right down to the last snap.

I'm not saying it will happen, I'm saying if it does, it won't be our team. I expect RW to lead this team past the Redskins and then romp Atlanta before heading to the NFCG. Strangely, I feel this is the higher hurdle to clear rather than Atlanta.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, this is definitely the higher hurdle than atlanta.

If we Play Atlanta down there in that nice quiet stadium with turf, they have no shot. none.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• peachesenregalia wrote:Good to have you back, Riggo. This game is going to be a monster. I'd say the biggest concerns for the 'Skins have to be our very good D and your weak secondary. Wilson has made a habit out of exploiting weak secondaries this season.

Our biggest concerns are obviously your run game, and getting pressure on RG3. Your receivers are fast, but our secondary is one of the best in the league, and Sherman seems to be on a mission now. I recommend not throwing near him. Or Browner. So....you got the slot....that's it :)

I'll trade you Madieu Williams for Chancellor, come on! lol. Can't believe you got him in the 5th round. What a steal!

Or corners have actually played decently lately during the win streak. However, we don't have anybody anymore that can really "lay down the law" so to speak. I have to console myself by watching old Sean Taylor highlights and wishing he would come back from the dead and play for us.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• Chancellor is excellent, this is true. I really think this'll be a massive game, I expect both teams to be up for it, and expect it to be hard-fought right down to the last snap.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• On another thread yesterday it was mentioned, I think by Pehawk, that maybe our pass rush hasn't been as superior by design because Pete and company realize that A) we don't have the horses to unleash on the rush and more important B) we don't want to get burned and are focusing more on gap control. I thought this was an interesting point, and if true does this style of play on the line help against a mobile QB like RG III?

I know that RG III has fantastic numbers throwing the ball deep too, but still I would rather contain him and take away the Read Option and force him to beat us deep, I think. Esp with the tall and fast DB's we have with Browner and Sherman.

Will be a great game and we should win against a gritty team esp with all of their injuries. Big test for Pete and team.
    Timberhawk
    NET Rookie

• It will be interesting to see what K Shanahan does. Dallas was committed to stopping big plays downfield yesterday, and that's a big reason we won...that and they probably thought their offense would be able to outscore ours using that strategy of not allowing any quick scoring plays.

However, I fully expect you guys will commit to stopping Morris, and allow your very physical secondary man up on our WRs.

Cleveland tried that in the game RGIII was out...it worked for a half...but then they were destroyed with bootlegs and roll out passes. However, your secondary is much better than theirs overall so I doubt this will be anything other than a tough fight where every first down feels like a mini triumph in itself.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• Atradees wrote:This is Shanahan were talking about. His olines are notorious.

THIS!!!

How many superstar running backs can come from one head-coach before we give proper credit there. Doing so doesn't say that Morris isn't a threat actually to me the opposite. Shanahan will game plan for the Seahawks to make Morris succed and I am scared that he is going to tear us up.

We need to get to RG3 quickly and often to take out the read play from the equation and then focus on regular passes and running plays....

We need quick points on the board to make the skins pass the ball more and create turnovers that way.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Our linebackers will be key in stopping RG3. Fortunately, they've already played brilliantly against the read-option from a scrambling QB in two such games this year, Carolina and vs SF. So I'm somewhat confident.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Dallas had a good game plan going into this but Romo made too many mistakes. Seahawks haven't played RG3 but we have played Niners whose strengths on offense is similar to the redskins. CK is as mobile and as dangerous as RG3 at this time. Both can throw the deep ball well. Having said this our priority still should be to stop Morris and to contain RG3. We have the talent in the secondary to play man coverage and to play physical near the line. I just hope our OC and DC goes into this game with aggressive strategies--I know Washington will likely throw everything at us.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• I'm guessing this supposed advantage is based on stats right?

So we aren't going to have to play the game? Just get ready for the next week.

:roll:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• it looks like fed-ex stadium has grass? if so, that's an 'equalizer'.

as already mentioned, a potential game in atlanta actually looks more winnable.

with a grass surface, this here game with the redskins looks even-steven.

btw... good to hear from you, riggo.

happy new years everyone!
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

• We are being watched....

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread. ... e%29/page2

Local media reports are that RG 3's awkwardness with his running is mostly driven by wearing the knee brace as opposed to the injury itself, so if they wanted to risk his health to go full out for a win they'd take the knee brace off so he can be more spry. Point is they are protecting him.

Thanks for the post. There was a couple of years where I'd frequent opposing teams boards and did so with Seattle before the Skins matchup in 2007 -- this isn't of course directed at you -- but recall leaving with the impression that some of the Seahawk board members were the most chesty and confident posters I've ever seen and would rough you up if you challenged their opinions.

I was curious to see if things have changed so I just checked it out. The main thread at the moment on one board about the game is that the Seahawks are distinctly better at EVERY position on the field save 2 (QB and RG) and those two positions are just debatable draws at worst. Wow.

Granted, its not fair to peg a full fan base based on some posts but yeah some of the Seahawks board posts were pretty strong in 07 and its stuck with me.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61341
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• peachesenregalia wrote:Yeah, this is definitely the higher hurdle than atlanta.

If we Play Atlanta down there in that nice quiet stadium with turf, they have no shot. none.

Atlanta doesn't have a quiet stadium
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• Though they do have that cb Josh Wilson......
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• cesame wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Yeah, this is definitely the higher hurdle than atlanta.

Atlanta doesn't have a quiet stadium

For a dome, it's deathly silent.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Our linebackers will be key in stopping RG3. Fortunately, they've already played brilliantly against the read-option from a scrambling QB in two such games this year, Carolina and vs SF. So I'm somewhat confident.

I've gone back and watched both games. In the 9er game they ran at most 3 Zone Read plays the entire game. You guys were gouged on 2 runs by Gore. The other I believe was an incomplete PA pass. Saying you played "brilliantly" against the "read option" in that game is false as you barely had to defend it and when you did it wasnt very good.

Carolina doesnt run nearly as much of it as we do nor do they have as effective a running game but they gave you guys a decent dose of it and even there I wouldnt say you played it "brilliant". You did avoid giving up huge chunks though.

Your LBs will be put under constant pressure to make quick decisions since we run almost our entire offense out of multiple Pistol looks that may or may not be Zone Read. Your D hasnt seen anything as dynamic as the Skins offense can be.
    LuvMySkins
    NET Bench Warmer

• LuvMySkins wrote:Your LBs will be put under constant pressure to make quick decisions since we run almost our entire offense out of multiple Pistol looks that may or may not be Zone Read. Your D hasnt seen anything as dynamic as the Skins offense can be.

There is tons of film to watch, a seasons worth, and we have speedy LB's as well as the safety position.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• salukihawk12 wrote:Save for a questionable push at QB and maybe RG, we have arguably a better player at every single position on the field on both offense and defense. Of course, this personell advantage doesn't guarantee a win, but I don't think we play too many teams where there isn't one player on either side of the ball who is clearly better than our starter.

Can you explain how you came to this conclusion?
    drastik
    NET Practice Squad

• Tattooedseahawk wrote:Just realize that as much as we want to get at RGIII, they are going to take notes from the Rams and come constantly after RW.

This. Did you guys see the Cowboys/Redskins game last Sunday?! Jim Hasslet was bringing the house on Romo, and it worked all night.

The problem with Wilson though, although Romo has good pocket presence, he's not nearly as athletic as Wilson.

If we bring the house after Wilson and he's able to spin out away from the pressure and create time with 1 on 1 coverage, the redskins are screwed. But if they can get to him, it'll be a problem all night for Seattle.

D'angelo Hall is coming off his best game as a Redskin last week and COMPLETELY shutdown Dez Bryant. If he can do that with Sydney Rice, and the Redskins can contain Lynch (you can't stop him), the Skins might have a shot.

I agree with the poster that said this game will come down to the arms of RG3 and Wilson. It really bothers me that Seattle won't have to face a 100% RG3, because when fully healthy he's a nightmare. but I guess that's the price you pay with a QB that takes off sometimes.
    youngchew
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information