Will the media blame the GB lack of bye on the Hawks?

WWill the media blame the GB lack of bye on the Hawks?

• Yes the media will make multiple stories saying it was all because of Fail Mary

Votes: 105 89.0%
  • No They will show that GB failed to clinch the bye on their own

Votes: 13 11.0%

• Total voters

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea, it will all be blamed on that loss. Because it counts more than all their other losses somehow.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
The Pack had plenty of chances to get a 2 seed. Beating the 49ers AT LAMBEAU for instance. Or beating a bad colts team....

Yeah they can whine all they want.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
God I hope so :3: , The Media needs to console the Porkers.
Those stupid Temporary Refs. should have been coached by the regulars on being bias to the crybabies.
Seahawks deserved that win when Chancellor batted down the ball in an earlier play, the Packers were GIFTED a PI call for them to continue on for their TD which shouldn't have been.
KARMA is a bitch ain't she?! :141847_bnono:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
And there it was. It just came up on the NFL Network. Surprisingly the usual talking heads on there said that if the Packers could have gotten the bye by taking care of busniess today, and that it's time to turn the page.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1kum3ix7 said:
And there it was. It just came up on the NFL Network. Surprisingly the usual talking heads on there said that if the Packers could have gotten the bye by taking care of busniess today, and that it's time to turn the page.
Oh just wait. I am sure ESPN or CBS will have an article or 2 of spin in the next week that will say the Fail Mary was the fault of GB not getting a by. I will put money on it. It will happen!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
My guess is that there will be a lot more time spent with us whining about the media talking about it then time spent wtih the media actually talking about it.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2fo6v190 said:
My guess is that there will be a lot more time spent with us whining about the media talking about it then time spent wtih the media actually talking about it.
OK the bet is on. One article by the media will take a couple of hours to do to get the right spin. We have taken a total of 15 minutes making a few posts. True the posts have taken time to be added but that is the nature of a forum.

LOL I like your post but I am not sure we are "Whining" more than we are speculating on their agenda.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
rainger":2aqwkdjt said:
I wonder how many shit stories will be written on ESPN etc blaming the GB lack of a playoff bye on the Seattle game and not on the fact they lost 5 games?? What do you think?

I like the idea, but you should have had a "Who cares, the Seahawks beat every one of the Packer's primary competition for that bye week and the Packers simply weren't good enough to close the deal so enjoy the rematch against Minnesota next weekend" option.

8)

Avisday1

Reaction score
Don Banks at SI delivers!

So now we know what the Week 3 victory they had stolen from them in Seattle cost the Packers: the No. 2 seed in the NFC, and a first-round bye. No small matter there.

With Green Bay's loss at Minnesota, the Packers ended the season 11-5, a half-game behind San Francisco (11-4-1) in the battle for the No. 2 seed. At 12-4, without the replacement refs' game-ending fiasco on that Monday night in CenturyLink Field, Green Bay theoretically would have been in position to lose Sunday to the Vikings and still earn a much-desired week off to start the playoffs.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... z2Gc4PbyYp

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
joeseahawks":cejt0ebo said:
Of course they will ... that's what they do ... I can't wait for Colin Cowherd ... but seriously, I don't care.
Imagine Seattle wins the SB ... will there be an (*) next to it?

No. We had a one game cushion for 5th seed.

ExpatPack

Reaction score
SilkMonkey":2unq982v said:
The Pack had plenty of chances to get a 2 seed. Beating the 49ers AT LAMBEAU for instance. Or beating a bad colts team....

Yeah they can whine all they want.

Maybe the media is, but Packer fans aren't whining over it except for a few who probably whine about everything. Like you said, we had our shot at the bye against Minn. We lost. Was a great game. AP is unbelievable. We're in the playoffs, we're at home next week. We ain't bitchin'. Packers may actually play some D next week. If so they'll win.

There's pluses and minuses to having a bye anyhoo.

Uffda

Reaction score
They have been waiting to lead with that angle since 10minutes after that game ended.

It'll be an onslaught.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
Sick of people on .net talking about fail Mary.

We did lose the game. Tate didn't catch the ball and we were awarded with the win.

So what? if the Packers have beaten the Seahawks they could had lost to the Rams and Arizona.

Let the Media talk about it, it's their jobs but stop posting it on here.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I am happy that it didn't affect our standing. Take away that win and with tiebreakers we are still the #5 seed going to Washington.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Yup here is the first from Don Banks this is a quote. The link was posted a few comments back

So now we know what the Week 3 victory they had stolen from them in Seattle cost the Packers: the No. 2 seed in the NFC, and a first-round bye. No small matter there.

With Green Bay's loss at Minnesota, the Packers ended the season 11-5, a half-game behind San Francisco (11-4-1) in the battle for the No. 2 seed. At 12-4, without the replacement refs' game-ending fiasco on that Monday night in CenturyLink Field, Green Bay theoretically would have been in position to lose Sunday to the Vikings and still earn a much-desired week off to start the playoffs.

It's spilt milk, to be sure, but for the team from the nation's dairy land, it was a significant mistake. Teams with first-round byes are one homefield win away from playing for the conference championship. Instead, Green Bay will have to win twice to get to the NFC title game, with at least one of those games coming either at Atlanta or San Francisco.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... z2GeClZnKV

The Radish

Reaction score
Do we care?????

Sorry its only monday as we will hear about this freshly every day for the entire week.

And then next week

And then next week

Get over it people, they need something to talk about while we on the other hand have lots to talk about. all positive.

:les:

Seeker

Reaction score
They tried it yesterday and it was surprisingly shut down by marshall faulk,

big eared announcer: is it safe to say that the seahawks cost the packers the first round bye.

Faulk: no the vikings did. that was 14 weeks ago dude