Is Moffit garbage?

legend38

Reaction score
thebanjodude":341frphy said:
legend38":341frphy said:
If he would spend as much time on his game as he does being cute on the Real Rob Report he might be starting.

That's just plain idiotic

Huh,sounds like everyone else seems to agree that he is not taking his job seriously.Maybe it isn't so "idiotic".

OP
OP
S

Seaswab

Reaction score
Yup, enough mr funny guy,, study the play book and hit the weight room

Starrman44

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":2wag6f34 said:
A guy that probably eats his boogers while listening to coaches ... ugh.

I hope he gets better.

I found this so funny coming from a guy named "Hawk-A-loogie." Not that I have a problem with what you said, it just seemed so fitting. Well done! :thirishdrinkers:

taz291819

Reaction score
legend38":16hs6ocs said:
thebanjodude":16hs6ocs said:
legend38":16hs6ocs said:
If he would spend as much time on his game as he does being cute on the Real Rob Report he might be starting.

Huh,sounds like everyone else seems to agree that he is not taking his job seriously.Maybe it isn't so "idiotic".

Everyone? I certainly don't agree.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Maybe Tate should sit him down and explain it to him. "Hey dude, I was where you are and it's not a long term solution."

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Starrman44":1uq2wx5u said:
Hawk-A-Loogie":1uq2wx5u said:
A guy that probably eats his boogers while listening to coaches ... ugh.

I hope he gets better.

I found this so funny coming from a guy named "Hawk-A-loogie." Not that I have a problem with what you said, it just seemed so fitting. Well done! :thirishdrinkers:

:177692:

NYCoug

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Moffitt's. Hopefully he's back for the playoffs. He's been our rabbit's foot this season. Whenever he's started, we seem to have a big game running the ball. I'm hoping that the team has just been taking it easy on him, with his injury history and all, and using the time to allow Sweezy the opportunity to develop.

I haven't given up on John just yet. And he's definitely not garbage.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Best guess I have is that Moffitt is still not 100% after assorted injuries and rehab and loss of time and fitness, maybe Moffitt's 85-90%, and Sweezy is healthy and simply out-working Moffitt. Recall Moffitt is still coming back from MCL knee surgery, and then had his elbow torn up earlier this season. Sweezy may already be a better run-blocker. Obviously the coaches think Sweezy gives the team as good or better chance to win, and if it's a wash, they'd rather get the young guy the experience. So now Sweezy at 100% is even with or better than Moffitt at 90%. Sweezy had a nice game against the Niners last week. I noticed on one of Lynch's longer runs today, Sweezy was hustling his ass down the field, and was in position to make a springing block if the play went a little differently. It was, "Wow, there's an OL downfield on that play??!! Sweezy!!"

It does seem like Moffitt is a better pass blocker, or for sure, is better at the reads and reactions needed as part of the OL unit. But the coaches' call is Sweezy... "Always Compete", and Sweezy wins. Isn't it great to have OL depth??!!
I tend to doubt that Moffitt is in any doghouse. I wouldn't be surprised if the team is also wanting to save wear and tear on him to have him closer to 100% if he's needed due to other injuries.

The NFC West blog said this: 'Moffitt, a former starter, is inactive for a second consecutive week. The team has decided it's better off with rookie seventh-round choice J.R. Sweezy in the lineup at right guard. Sweezy started in Week 1 and again against San Francisco last week."

There are other OL in the mix who could also step in, though if Sweezy got injured, I'm not sure who would step in. Omiyale? Wasn't McQuistan already playing the other guard spot?

Has anyone noticed if Sweezy plays on special teams much, and if he's effective there?

It will be interesting to see if Moffitt is activated for the Redskins playoff game. My bet is YES.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
v1rotv2":144imqqq said:
Maybe Tate should sit him down and explain it to him. "Hey dude, I was where you are and it's not a long term solution."

I think you hit it right. This the Tate treatment. Try harder, we expect more from you. Sort of the coaches version of tough love

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
legend38":1fzct15r said:
thebanjodude":1fzct15r said:
legend38":1fzct15r said:

Incorrect.

There are SOME here speculating, but not "everyone." You have no proof as to whether he takes his job seriously or not. Which doesn't change the fact that your comment is ridiculous.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
who the hell cares? either he is or he isn't. sweezy's doing ok, moffitt's ok when he's in there. I could give a rat's ass.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Calling him garbage is just stupid, I'd love for him to be further along but Sweezy is an awesome run blocker. He had an amazing block last week where he cut down Pat Willis on Lynch's TD run.

Sweezy and Giac got switched up on the sack in the second half where Long went untouched but I think he's going to get better. I think the Hawks have a really solid OL, just need one of our OG's to step up, whether that's Carp, or Moffit, I don't care who. I wonder if they draft one in the mid-rounds? Keep the competition going.

nwgamer

Reaction score
After yesterday's O-Line performance .... I don't care what adjustments/changes that need to be made, I just don't want to see our QB getting smashed like that again. That looked like the seahawks O-Line from last year/ early this season. Bring on the pass-pro.
:pukeface:

Uffda

Reaction score
He's resting healing up, Sweezy needed the time also I think.

He'll be suited up and ready next I'm guessing.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Is it Moffit's turn this week?

[x] Wilson
[x] Carroll
[x] Carpenter
[x] Tate
[x] Bevell

Safe to add him to the list?

BASF

Reaction score
Every season I put together my own Seahawks calendar for the following years (the ones sold by the team suck for the most part), so I scour tons of pics every season. I don't really pay attention to the offensive linemen in pictures until we make the playoffs, so I can put together a sweet screen saver such as:

SeahawksWallpaper

This season, when I started looking at the Lynch pictures, I was noticing a trend of Moffitt being in a lot of the touch down run photos. So, when I started looking for the offensive lines pictures, it wasn't surprising that Moffitt was there opening a lot of the holes for Lynch. Moffitt is no where near garbage.