Funny thing about our matchup with Redskins

salukihawk12

Reaction score
Save for a questionable push at QB and maybe RG, we have arguably a better player at every single position on the field on both offense and defense. Of course, this personell advantage doesn't guarantee a win, but I don't think we play too many teams where there isn't one player on either side of the ball who is clearly better than our starter.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Can't argue with that at all. Even better, I think we match up very well at every position. Sherman & Browner v. Garcon & Moss comes to mind.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Skins are busted up...
If you think RGIII is healthy...Phfat!
All the Hawks need to do is smash him a few times when he tries to run...
Calling Kam Chancellor... Kam Chancellor line 3...
Idiot rookie trying to run the ball...BANG!
Could we see Cousins?

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
salukihawk12":1ks131ua said:
Save for a questionable push at QB and maybe RG, we have arguably a better player at every single position on the field on both offense and defense. Of course, this personell advantage doesn't guarantee a win, but I don't think we play too many teams where there isn't one player on either side of the ball who is clearly better than our starter.

Yikes.. Moss and Garcon are two of the fastest WRs in the league!

nsport

Reaction score
Now we get to see if we can defend the read option. They were brilliant at it tonight, and RGIII can make the read the Kaepernick could not. His WR's and TE's were free when he made that read.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":1ymyedgu said:
salukihawk12":1ymyedgu said:

True, but they still have to fight to get off the LOS, and that timing is very crucial to have any kind of success.
Not thinking, nor saying that we hands down, win this one but we do match up better by a long shot, than the Cowturds did tonight.

kmedic

Reaction score
Clemons and the LBs are gonna be crucial to stopping the read zone option runs. Even getting back BB is huge as he is most definitely our best CB against the run (Sherm pretty solid as well). I get the feeling this will be about RGIII and his passing game and not so much his legs. I am a little concerned about how seasoned BB will be. He does still get occasionally burned on the deep pass plays. Ironically, I think his last huge blunder was against the Skins last season at home.

parson420

Reaction score
I'm not too worried about their read option. It works best if they have a run game going, and teams have a difficult time getting a run game against us. I feel the success for the Redskins comes squarely on RGIII's throwing. He's the only one who can win this game if Morris can't run against us.

If RGIII can win this game, I won't have much of a problem of him getting ROTY

Apeman00

Reaction score
Maybe if we ring RG3's bell enough times they will change their approach. I thought I heard that the way around the read option is to just put a hit on the QB enough times. Let them play their little magic show, just be prepared to take a hit.

Uffda

Reaction score
I watched the cowboys/redskins game..... after too many plays, I couldn't help but think ... that wouldn't have happened if they were playing the Seahawks.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1q871nhn said:
VancitySeahawk":1q871nhn said:
salukihawk12":1q871nhn said:

True, but they still have to fight to get off the LOS, and that timing is very crucial to have any kind of success.
Not thinking, nor saying that we hands down, win this one but we do match up better by a long shot, than the Cowturds did tonight.

You are hereby banned from the use of commas.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Its going to be a fight for sure...I don't expect you guys to wilt the way Dallas did when we got physical with them.

Seeing "mom-beater" Dez Bryant break both mentally and physically with back was gratifying. All week seemed to be focused on how great he was and how he would dominate our secondary...

falcongoggles

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":anzrt2fj said:
Its going to be a fight for sure...I don't expect you guys to wilt the way Dallas did when we got physical with them.

Seeing "mom-beater" Dez Bryant break both mentally and physically with back was gratifying. All week seemed to be focused on how great he was and how he would dominate our secondary...

"[Seattle] is built for twelve-rounds"
--Richard Sherman

If anything I expect the Redskins to wilt as the game wears on.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1b9ezchx said:
RiggoReincarnated":1b9ezchx said:

--Richard Sherman

I dont expect that. The Redskins are tough and are playing at home.

RG3 is a good leader. He leads by example and I dont beleive he will quit and wont allow his team to quit either. This game is going to be tough right down to the last snap.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2fd861gi said:
falcongoggles":2fd861gi said:
RiggoReincarnated":2fd861gi said:

--Richard Sherman

I dont expect that. The Redskins are tough and are playing at home.

RG3 is a good leader. He leads by example and I dont beleive he will quit and wont allow his team to quit either. This game is going to be tough right down to the last snap.

I'm not saying it will happen, I'm saying if it does, it won't be our team. I expect RW to lead this team past the Redskins and then romp Atlanta before heading to the NFCG. Strangely, I feel this is the higher hurdle to clear rather than Atlanta.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":13b296ma said:
Good to have you back, Riggo. This game is going to be a monster. I'd say the biggest concerns for the 'Skins have to be our very good D and your weak secondary. Wilson has made a habit out of exploiting weak secondaries this season.

Our biggest concerns are obviously your run game, and getting pressure on RG3. Your receivers are fast, but our secondary is one of the best in the league, and Sherman seems to be on a mission now. I recommend not throwing near him. Or Browner. So....you got the slot....that's it :)

I'll trade you Madieu Williams for Chancellor, come on! lol. Can't believe you got him in the 5th round. What a steal!

Or corners have actually played decently lately during the win streak. However, we don't have anybody anymore that can really "lay down the law" so to speak. I have to console myself by watching old Sean Taylor highlights and wishing he would come back from the dead and play for us.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
On another thread yesterday it was mentioned, I think by Pehawk, that maybe our pass rush hasn't been as superior by design because Pete and company realize that A) we don't have the horses to unleash on the rush and more important B) we don't want to get burned and are focusing more on gap control. I thought this was an interesting point, and if true does this style of play on the line help against a mobile QB like RG III?

I know that RG III has fantastic numbers throwing the ball deep too, but still I would rather contain him and take away the Read Option and force him to beat us deep, I think. Esp with the tall and fast DB's we have with Browner and Sherman.

Will be a great game and we should win against a gritty team esp with all of their injuries. Big test for Pete and team.