Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:15 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:49 pm
Posts: 411
Will you be satisfied beating them next Sunday?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:16 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
I hope he does win it. Keep our team feeling hungry and disrespected.

I'm guessing Russell Wilson couldnt care less about the award.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:16 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 1452
Location: Victoria BC
YES regardless we need to destroy the Skins but isnt the decision on the OROY after the game???

_________________
Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:16 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8853
Location: Covington, Washington
Just want to win. OROY is only for bragging rights to the common fan (though for the player it is good as he builds his resume).

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Sidney Rice 2011-2013 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:17 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7642
Location: Maple Valley, WA
Get the road playoff win. Would be our first since 1983, correct?

When is the OROY announced?

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Last edited by Aros on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:17 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8604
Location: PNW
I know they have done co-MVP in the past, and I honestly think they need to give it to both RG3 and Russ. Hard to disagree with either of them winning it

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:19 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:01 am
Posts: 267
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Objectively speaking, looking at stats alone, and considering East Coast concentration, I think RGIII is the winner. Best hope for RW is if the east coast voters get split between RGII and Luck, and RW wins majority...

_________________
"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to hard work"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:38 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9829
RGIII can have the OROY, Wilson will win the Lombardi!

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:41 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22646
Location: Kirkland, WA
JSeahawks wrote:
I hope he does win it. Keep our team feeling hungry and disrespected.

I'm guessing Russell Wilson couldnt care less about the award.


Give me a break, I'm pretty sure he cares. He just won't let it show, or affect his performance.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 614
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
JSeahawks wrote:
I hope he does win it. Keep our team feeling hungry and disrespected.

I'm guessing Russell Wilson couldnt care less about the award.


Sorry I don't have a link, but he was asked in an interview a month or two ago if he would like to win Offensive Rookie of the Year. His answer was "why wouldn't I want to win?"

So while it may not be his ultimate goal, he does care.

His career goal is to be considered one of the greatest QBs of all time. Winning awards helps.


Last edited by Erebus on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:52 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Erebus wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
I hope he does win it. Keep our team feeling hungry and disrespected.

I'm guessing Russell Wilson couldnt care less about the award.


Sorry I don't have a link, but he was asked in an interview a month or two ago if he would like to win Offensive Rookie of the Year. His answer was "why wouldn't I want to win?"

So while it may not be his ultimate goal, he does care.


Well of course he would want to win it. But I can guarantee its nowhere near the top of his priority list. I'm just saying if he doesnt win it its not something thats going to reflect negatively on him, and might in fact inspire him to be even better.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:53 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 548
If he wins it, it's much deserved. I love Wilson but RG3 has had a phenomenal year and a better statistical one close to 800 yards rushing only 5 ints. Im rooting for our boy but I wouldn't be mad at RG3 getting it. Now Luck on the other hand I'd be pissed with getting it 25 ints is horrible


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:54 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11083
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
RolandDeschain wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
I hope he does win it. Keep our team feeling hungry and disrespected.

I'm guessing Russell Wilson couldnt care less about the award.


Give me a break, I'm pretty sure he cares. He just won't let it show, or affect his performance.

Yeah, did you see him looking to dish the shovel pass off to Miller on the game winning TD he ran in? He knew about the record and he wanted to break it, but he was smart enough to go with the higher percentage play and run it in for the score (and secure the win). I imagine same goes for OROY.

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Last edited by CANHawk on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:55 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7642
Location: Maple Valley, WA
When is OROY announced?

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 614
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Aros wrote:
When is OROY announced?


The only thing I could find was last year's winner was announced the day before the Super Bowl.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:09 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7642
Location: Maple Valley, WA
I was hoping they would let the playoffs play out before making the decision.

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:16 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4304
They changed it from years past.. they announce it at a special awards show now, I believe the night before the Super Bowl.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:14 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:49 pm
Posts: 411
Regarding timing of the OROY - per Sando

You might hear a thing or two about Russell Wilson and Robert Griffin III heading into the Seattle Seahawks-Washington Redskins wild-card playoff game Sunday.

The quarterbacks are leading candidates for offensive rookie of the year. The Associated Press is collecting awards ballots by Thursday, rendering playoff results irrelevant to voters.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:55 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:51 pm
Posts: 1883
Aros wrote:
Get the road playoff win. Would be our first since 1983, correct?

When is the OROY announced?

Wow 1983 last time we won a road playoff game !
Time to get that monkey off our backs

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:19 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:25 am
Posts: 716
Location: Queen Anne
I'm totally fine with RGIII winning the ROY. IMO, he deserves it. I think his stats are better than Wilson's, almost anyway you slice it. In fact, if people having compelling arguments for Wilson OVER RGIII, I'd like to hear it.

The only thing that will piss me off is if Luck wins it over either of those other two.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:22 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17344
Location: Graham, WA
As long as Luck doesn't get it (which he doesn't deserve), I'm fine with RGIII getting OROY, he deserves it about as much as Russell does.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 1452
Location: Victoria BC
Throwdown wrote:
As long as Luck doesn't get it (which he doesn't deserve), I'm fine with RGIII getting OROY, he deserves it about as much as Russell does.

:13: :13: I can go with that I just cant go with Clayton's man crush.

_________________
Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:29 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am
Posts: 145
They are both deserving. Rg3 has been the most consistent rookie QB this year but over the last 5-6 weeks, Wilsons been amazing. It really is a toss up, but Im rooting for my boy RG3!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:32 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am
Posts: 739
rdskns4eva wrote:
They are both deserving. Rg3 has been the most consistent rookie QB this year but over the last 5-6 weeks, Wilsons been amazing. It really is a toss up, but Im rooting for my boy RG3!!

Yeah too close to call that's what sucks.. but this has been an amazing rookie qb draft class though; they're the future of the NFL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:39 pm 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3179
JSeahawks wrote:
Erebus wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
I hope he does win it. Keep our team feeling hungry and disrespected.

I'm guessing Russell Wilson couldnt care less about the award.


Sorry I don't have a link, but he was asked in an interview a month or two ago if he would like to win Offensive Rookie of the Year. His answer was "why wouldn't I want to win?"

So while it may not be his ultimate goal, he does care.


Well of course he would want to win it. But I can guarantee its nowhere near the top of his priority list. I'm just saying if he doesnt win it its not something thats going to reflect negatively on him, and might in fact inspire him to be even better.

Sorry , but I don't agree, no Rookie and most Quarterbacks in the League do not prepare, and study as hard for games, I don't see how he'd improve over his thoroughness either.
I don't believe for one second that he's not already being the best he can be.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:35 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm
Posts: 3302
Location: Seattle
I have a feeling RGIII will win the award, but I don't believe he is the most deserving. Wilson has faced much tougher opponents defensively thus the padded stats for Griffin.

_________________
Image

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:38 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am
Posts: 145
Bakergirl wrote:
I have a feeling RGIII will win the award, but I don't believe he is the most deserving. Wilson has faced much tougher opponents defensively thus the padded stats for Griffin.



Padded stats implies that he got the yards when it didnt matter. RG3 was THE MOST hyped quarterback of the big 3, by far...not even a close second. And he not only lived up to the hype, he exceeded it.

There is something to be said for a player that was as hyped up as RG3 with all the PRESSURE that comes with that hype playing as well as he did.

No disrespect to RW at all, but he had no hype coming into the season.

RG3 had to carry this team for a ton of games because the defense was just horrid.

Again, not saying that RW should not win because he is deserving, but you have to put the two situations in context. What helps RW is te fact that he is a 3rd round draft pick. You dont expect a 3rd Round Rookie QB to put up the numbers he did.

What hurts him is the fact that he really just started getting hot in the second half of the season where as RG3 has been great since week 1, notwithstanding a couple of games. And again, RG3 was asked to carry the team for the first half of the year until the defense decided to start playing after the week 10 bye.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:46 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17581
Location: The beautiful PNW
Decimation wrote:
rdskns4eva wrote:
They are both deserving. Rg3 has been the most consistent rookie QB this year but over the last 5-6 weeks, Wilsons been amazing. It really is a toss up, but Im rooting for my boy RG3!!

Yeah too close to call that's what sucks.. but this has been an amazing rookie qb draft class though; they're the future of the NFL.


That's how I see it - almost too close to call for either Wilson or RGIII. I don't see Luck as being in their same class, in spite of all the passing yards. If your job is to throw the ball every down and hope the right guy comes down with it, then Luck's a shoe-in. Otherwise Wilson and RGIII are both superior quarterbacks at this point.

The couple of knocks I'd have against RGIII would be the high percentage of short, safe passes he's thrown, and the fact he has fewer touchdowns and more combined interceptions/fumbles. RGIII has some great ball control, and the few interceptions he's thrown is pretty amazing. He's fumbled a ton, though, and even if he's only lost a handful, fumble recoveries are really a crapshoot, and thus not a good indicator. Total fumbles paint a better picture. And the caliber of teams he's played against are a slight knock in my book. Luck's done what he has with a cupcake schedule. RGIII had a pretty decent schedule, but Wilson's was absolutely brutal. And he won more games against tougher opponents, without even getting all the preseason snaps and practices.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:52 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am
Posts: 145
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Decimation wrote:
rdskns4eva wrote:
They are both deserving. Rg3 has been the most consistent rookie QB this year but over the last 5-6 weeks, Wilsons been amazing. It really is a toss up, but Im rooting for my boy RG3!!

Yeah too close to call that's what sucks.. but this has been an amazing rookie qb draft class though; they're the future of the NFL.


That's how I see it - almost too close to call for either Wilson or RGIII. I don't see Luck as being in their same class, in spite of all the passing yards. If your job is to throw the ball every down and hope the right guy comes down with it, then Luck's a shoe-in. Otherwise Wilson and RGIII are both superior quarterbacks at this point.

The couple of knocks I'd have against RGIII would be the high percentage of short, safe passes he's thrown, and the fact he has fewer touchdowns and more combined interceptions/fumbles. RGIII has some great ball control, and the few interceptions he's thrown is pretty amazing. He's fumbled a ton, though, and even if he's only lost a handful, fumble recoveries are really a crapshoot, and thus not a good indicator. Total fumbles paint a better picture. And the caliber of teams he's played against are a slight knock in my book. Luck's done what he has with a cupcake schedule. RGIII had a pretty decent schedule, but Wilson's was absolutely brutal. And he won more games against tougher opponents, without even getting all the preseason snaps and practices.


Thats the thing. Again, it was clear early in the year that they held RW back A TON whereas RG3 was the biggest reason for the Redskins offensive success.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:04 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17581
Location: The beautiful PNW
rdskns4eva wrote:
Thats the thing. Again, it was clear early in the year that they held RW back A TON whereas RG3 was the biggest reason for the Redskins offensive success.


Yep. And a lot of us wonder how damn good Wilson would have been if they hadn't throttled him back the first half of the year. Many of us were calling for them to open it up and trust him long before they did. If they had, it's entirely possible he'd have ended up with a bunch more touchdowns and yardage. And most of his interceptions were of the "bad luck" variety - i.e., bouncing off receivers' hands into the defender - rather than the "bad decision" type where he threw it when/where he shouldn't have.

I really think if he'd been given the keys to the starting job from day one and allowed to do his thing, this whole ROY conversation would be pretty much moot by now. And that's why I'd give him a hairs-width nod for ROY over RGIII, and both a good distance away from Luck in third place.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:43 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:36 pm
Posts: 145
Was going to post something to elevate the thread you know, to bring my A game.

But then I realized I'm still hurt that Derrick Fenner didn't get a thousand yards all those years ago and that lost sense destiny, award and accolade won't happen for Fenner. I mean Wilson.

Fenner, come-back player of the year.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:08 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:38 pm
Posts: 446
rdskns4eva wrote:
Thats the thing. Again, it was clear early in the year that they held RW back A TON whereas RG3 was the biggest reason for the Redskins offensive success.


I keep seeing argument that RW was asked to do less because he was put on a more complete team (while they turn around and put the Seahawks below those other teams in other rankings because we aren't as complete?) I would like to point out that while RW was asked to do less at the beginning of the season, the Seahawks didn't start to look like a serious contender until he was allowed to do more.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:17 am 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2262
The thing that amazed me was just the amount of separation RGIII's receivers were getting, are they that much better than ours?
It seemed like every TD pass I watched RGIII throw was to a guy with nobody within 5 yards of him.

We only ever seem to get that separation when McCoy illegally blocks upfield


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:30 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7706
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
SirTed wrote:
I'm totally fine with RGIII winning the ROY. IMO, he deserves it. I think his stats are better than Wilson's, almost anyway you slice it. In fact, if people having compelling arguments for Wilson OVER RGIII, I'd like to hear it.

The only thing that will piss me off is if Luck wins it over either of those other two.


You could make the argument that Wilson isn't as reliant on a system or that he faced a more difficult schedule of defenses. I could see a reasonable argument for Wilson to win it.

That said, I'd probably vote for Griffin. He's been remarkably consistent all season and has put up some impressive numbers. He's completely deserving.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:49 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
rdskns4eva wrote:
Bakergirl wrote:
I have a feeling RGIII will win the award, but I don't believe he is the most deserving. Wilson has faced much tougher opponents defensively thus the padded stats for Griffin.



Padded stats implies that he got the yards when it didnt matter. RG3 was THE MOST hyped quarterback of the big 3, by far...not even a close second.


Dude, that's a load of hogwash. Luck was hyped for 2 years as the next Peyton Manning. No one coined a phrase like Suck for Luck with Griffin. If Luck wasn't the most hyped draft player ever, I'd be astonished. Why else is Luck still in contention for rookie of the year?

Also, RG3 and Luck were handed their respect on a silver platter. Wilson earned his, and that should play into the debate.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:52 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8604
Location: PNW
Sarlacc83 wrote:
rdskns4eva wrote:
Bakergirl wrote:
I have a feeling RGIII will win the award, but I don't believe he is the most deserving. Wilson has faced much tougher opponents defensively thus the padded stats for Griffin.



Padded stats implies that he got the yards when it didnt matter. RG3 was THE MOST hyped quarterback of the big 3, by far...not even a close second.


Dude, that's a load of hogwash. Luck was hyped for 2 years as the next Peyton Manning. No one coined a phrase like Suck for Luck with Griffin. If Luck wasn't the most hyped draft player ever, I'd be astonished. Why else is Luck still in contention for rookie of the year?

Also, RG3 and Luck were handed their respect on a silver platter. Wilson earned his, and that should play into the debate.


Case in point: Half the country calls him Griffin, the other half is Griffith

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm
Posts: 3302
Location: Seattle
Bitter wrote:
rdskns4eva wrote:
Thats the thing. Again, it was clear early in the year that they held RW back A TON whereas RG3 was the biggest reason for the Redskins offensive success.


I keep seeing argument that RW was asked to do less because he was put on a more complete team (while they turn around and put the Seahawks below those other teams in other rankings because we aren't as complete?) I would like to point out that while RW was asked to do less at the beginning of the season, the Seahawks didn't start to look like a serious contender until he was allowed to do more.


This. RG3 also had the benefit of going in the first round and being named starter for Washington from day one. Wilson had to fight for the job and earn his place which took a lot of valuable time from him in camp. Had he the benefit of being day one starter in camp the first part of Seattle's season looks a whole lot different. I'm guessing they win a few more games and claim the #2 seed over the 49ers. What could have been...Yes RG3 put up some impressive numbers, but against what quality of opponents? Wilson faced top defense after top defense and still came out on top. Could RG3 have done the same? Debatable.

_________________
Image

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:03 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm
Posts: 3302
Location: Seattle
themunn wrote:
The thing that amazed me was just the amount of separation RGIII's receivers were getting, are they that much better than ours?
It seemed like every TD pass I watched RGIII throw was to a guy with nobody within 5 yards of him.

We only ever seem to get that separation when McCoy illegally blocks upfield


Are they that much better, or were they facing softer defenses? :Dunno:

_________________
Image

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If RGIII Gets OROY
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:12 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:50 pm
Posts: 356
There is a legitimate argument for both RG3 and RW getting ROY. So if RG3 does indeed win I will in no way be angry.

Now if Andrew Luck wins I might throw a shit fit.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.