Love for Wagner

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Love for Wagner
Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:53 pm
  • Well he set the record for tackles for the Hawks going back to the 70s whn Terry beeson set it. Sould be DROY for his effort or will the media give it to Kuechly??
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Re: Love for Wagner
Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:56 pm
  • Kuechly had a hell of a year. He could win it straight up.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:56 pm
  • I give Bobby all the credit in the world, he had a fantastic year.

(Oh and for Montana's sake, you might want to use a different word than love in the thread title lol :th2thumbs: )
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:58 pm
  • Kuechly sounds like he's done a damn good job, so if he comes second to him, I wouldn't be too mad at it.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:02 pm
  • Keuchly only has 1 INT. IMO Wagner made more impact plays, with Keuchly making more tackles.

Could be a toss up.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:03 pm
  • Keuchly is just as deserving.
    TJH
    *NET #1 Sherman Fan*

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:07 pm
  • Keuchly's team was playing from behind , which means he had more running plays coming at him to help pad his stats. He had a good year, but wagner was better.
    seahawkswin1
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:08 pm
  • Not that Wagner doesn't work hard developing this trade, but I think Kuechy spends even more time at it. He's Sort of a grinder like Russell Wilison. Kuechy was even labeled a 'nerd' in college, according to Scruggs, because he spend every last minute studying. Somehow I don't think Wagner, with his repetitive tweets about #SmoothChillin puts in as quite as much time. :-)

What I'm trying to say is that if Kuechy gets ROY, I wouldn't be too upset or surprised.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:15 pm
  • How many tackles did he end up with?
    yummy down on this throbbing pole of hot man chicken.
    legend38
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:58 pm
  • Tackles is one of the most misleading stats. I'm not saying who deserves it more between Wagner and Kuechly, but basing DROY off total number of tackles makes no sense. A higher number of tackles could be attributed to being on the field a lot more, and who knows if they are quality tackles. They could be 5-7 yards off the line of scrimmage after allowing a 1st down.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:58 pm
  • Don't much care as long as he's calling the shots on our D for a few more seasons. Hoisting the Lombardi beats all of these awards. I think a case could be built for him, but we need some of these guys to make us relevant for a decade so that our incoming Rookies will get more press.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:04 pm
  • Yeah, Wagner and Keuchly were both amazing this year. Just glad that Wags is in the conversation with Keuchly after the season he had. That'd be awesome if Wagner gets it. Go Hawks and Aggies!
    Timberhawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:08 pm
  • rainger wrote:Well he set the record for tackles for the Hawks going back to the 70s whn Terry beeson set it. Sould be DROY for his effort or will the media give it to Kuechly??

Terry Beeson didn't set a record, because tackles weren't a stat when he played. They didn't become a stat until probably 15 years ago or so. Sacks weren't a stat for many years either, that is why you always hear Deacon Jones complaining about the "record holder" because he officially has zero career sacks, even though we all saw highlights of him putting up sometimes five or six within a single game.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:13 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:
    rainger wrote:Well he set the record for tackles for the Hawks going back to the 70s whn Terry beeson set it. Sould be DROY for his effort or will the media give it to Kuechly??

Terry Beeson didn't set a record, because tackles weren't a stat when he played. They didn't become a stat until probably 15 years ago or so. Sacks weren't a stat for many years either, that is why you always hear Deacon Jones complaining about the "record holder" because he officially has zero career sacks, even though we all saw highlights of him putting up sometimes five or six within a single game.

Well the Seahawks post game show clearly indicated that Wagner had beaten the record of Terry Beeson for Tackles on the team. May have not been a NFL stat but the Hawks must have had a stat on it.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:21 pm
  • Yeah, I'm not trying to give you a hard time. It is funny though they claim he broke a record that can't exist if it isn't an official stat. I guess we could create a stat and start tracking it and give out a .NET award. It might be fun.

I know that I've requested Bosworth's tackle stats from the team as have others many times and been told they don't have them as they didn't keep track until like 2000. So take that for what it's worth. I know that there were games I have on tape where Boz had racked up close to 15 tackles, but again... it wasn't compiled for a year because the team and the league didn't recognize it. If you ever find out Terry's totals and other good LB'ers over the years, I'd love to see them.

To have a season like Beeson says a lot. The dude was a machine. He was the best player on the field for long stretches for the early Seahawks. I feel bad for those who never got a chance to see guys like him play. They were our first heroes.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information