The Dolphin game cost us the #2 seed.

toadie_uk

Reaction score
Cant boil anything down to one play, or even one game. If thing's went how 'they're supposed to' the NFL season would be over in August. If San Fran had done what everyone expected and beat St Louis twice we wouldnt be having this convo. At the end of the day we're playoff bound with a team on a hot streak, our future is in our own hands now so GO HAWKS

Hawks46

Reaction score
That's why I was so livid and critical after those losses. They hurt us, especially the Miami game, as it was late in the season. We've played about as well as a team can play since then, but it was too late.

toadie_uk

Reaction score
Hawks46":hpoaof5v said:
That's why I was so livid and critical after those losses. They hurt us, especially the Miami game, as it was late in the season. We've played about as well as a team can play since then, but it was too late.

exactly!

cesame

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3mzxd9l0 said:
Why? he's right!
Maybe you should "just stop"!?!?
The APP (Amateur Post Police) out in spades tonight !

No, he's not right. Thinking he is is ridiculous.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Seriously I did not even think we would make it to the playoffs, so I am really happy, no loss at Clink and a playoff punched in. Really great season.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Things like this are an exercise in futility. Every team loses games they "shouldn't," so if we want to say things like this we need to look at the other teams and they games they dropped as well.

I remember after that game saying that a playoff team doesn't lose that game, so I'm content with where we are at.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
So what? I don't get the fixation on the close games we lost and not thinking about the close games we won.

It's all part of the process, I like where were at and I'm not going to play the "What if" game.

kearly

Reaction score
Between the 49ers and Seahawks, there are 17 different outcomes you could point to as the difference maker. The Dolphins game was just one of those outcomes.

Me, I'm taking the high road and blaming the Rams. Jeff Fisher shouldn't have taken that delay of game in OT dammit!

CHawks4L

Reaction score
The good thing about SF @ #2 seed is we won't have to play both SF and GB. That'd be a brutal back to back on the road to the SB.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
cesame":1upu9e49 said:
Sports Hernia":1upu9e49 said:
Why? he's right!

Yes, he IS right. You're part of the mob that should be ashamed of yourselves.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... git/17706/

Step One: Control

Anyways, the very first frame shows the most important element that so many have missed: Golden Tate controls the ball before Jennings.

This video from another analysis does a good job of showing the zoomed-in view, and Tate gets his left hand in between Jennings and makes the one-handed catch before Jennings closes his hands around the ball. Here is a cap from that video.

firsttouchj.jpg

Hardly the best quality, but you can see Jennings’ helmet and space between his hands and the ball as Tate catches it first. Here are the first four frames to show the point of first contact with the ball (click here for huge image).

firstcontact.jpg

In the first frame the ball has yet to arrive. It does in the second, and it is stopped by Tate’s left hand with Jennings yet to touch it. The ball does not even move in the third and fourth frames, as Tate’s hand is holding it up the whole time as Jennings wraps his two hands around it.

Tate controls the ball with his left hand throughout the whole play. He controlled the ball even before Jennings did, because he touched it first as we have already seen. He has control, and you do not need two hands or arms for control. It is ridiculous how people are ignoring the fact that one-handed catches are made all the time.

You should read the rest, it continues showing clearly that it was a legitimate catch and even shows Tate got his feet down first as well.

You should stop it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
It was a catch. Sure, there was OPI on Tate that was ignored, but so what? The refs got the catch part correct.
I'm with others, let's call it the "Wail Mary" play because of pathetic Wailing of butt-hurt Packer fans.
There was minimal media attention for the Super Bowl XL officiating debacle.
All Packers had to do was beat the Vikings today. Still wailing... hope their silly fixation with that game gets them beat against the Vikings in round 1.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
I think that Miami game kicked this team into gear honestly... the team was pisssssed after that... and Wilson knew he had to get a td in ot vs the bears because he couldnt trust the defense.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3vfjp09n said:
cesame":3vfjp09n said:
Sports Hernia":3vfjp09n said:
Why? he's right!

Yes, he IS right. You're part of the mob that should be ashamed of yourselves.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... git/17706/

Step One: Control

Anyways, the very first frame shows the most important element that so many have missed: Golden Tate controls the ball before Jennings.

This video from another analysis does a good job of showing the zoomed-in view, and Tate gets his left hand in between Jennings and makes the one-handed catch before Jennings closes his hands around the ball. Here is a cap from that video.

firsttouchj.jpg

Hardly the best quality, but you can see Jennings’ helmet and space between his hands and the ball as Tate catches it first. Here are the first four frames to show the point of first contact with the ball (click here for huge image).

firstcontact.jpg

In the first frame the ball has yet to arrive. It does in the second, and it is stopped by Tate’s left hand with Jennings yet to touch it. The ball does not even move in the third and fourth frames, as Tate’s hand is holding it up the whole time as Jennings wraps his two hands around it.

Tate controls the ball with his left hand throughout the whole play. He controlled the ball even before Jennings did, because he touched it first as we have already seen. He has control, and you do not need two hands or arms for control. It is ridiculous how people are ignoring the fact that one-handed catches are made all the time.

You should read the rest, it continues showing clearly that it was a legitimate catch and even shows Tate got his feet down first as well.

You should stop it.

:192214:

cesame

Reaction score
Sorry, your horribly pixelated photos prove nothing.

Not only was it blatant pass pass interference, it was also an interception. The only people that don't think so are Seahawks fans (shocking).

Escamillo

Reaction score
Let me quote from Shakespeare's Macbeth:

Shakespeare":2j00k4mh said:
Things without all remedy should be without regard: what's done is done.

In other words, move on already.