Kansas City is on the clock.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:01 pm
  • I dont see an obvious, consensus #1 pick this year. Who do they take?
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18803
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:04 pm
  • QB is their biggest need but I don't see one in the draft worth the #1 overall pick. Maybe they go defense and grab a QB with their 2nd round pick.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 7015
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:10 pm
  • Pioli will try to trade back and collect picks if he is still there. That in itself is a big question.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11657
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:21 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Pioli will try to trade back and collect picks if he is still there. That in itself is a big question.


    I think that could be the problem. That's a VERY talented roster. And, VERY young. They've been that for awhile.
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 12102
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:23 pm
  • QB. There's not a good enough player who sticks out as a #1 pick at any position. So just go for the best QB available and feel comfortable with that position. They have a decent roster, just need 'the guy'. And for me, it's still Barkley. Still the best QB in this class. And they have enough of a supporting cast that he could manage them to be competitive in the AFC West.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8278
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:26 pm
  • Barkley. Like English says. There will be rumors of all kinds of stupid shit for months, and then they will take Barkley.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11939
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:32 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:Barkley. Like English says. There will be rumors of all kinds of stupid shit for months, and then they will take Barkley.


    It's funny that after what has generally been considered a pretty poor season for Barkley which has seen his decision to stay at College largely derided, that he has a good chance still to fulfil what was, most likely, one of his main goals when making the decision to go back to USC: to be the #1 pick.
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1295
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:38 pm
  • I think it's incredibly silly, some of the things people are talking about regarding Barkley. I get the people who never rated him (although I fundamentally disagree with their take). But to hammer him this year having previously touted him as the #1 pick? Did these people watch USC this year? The entire defense was a joke. Kiffin spent more time being a total wanker to the media and playing silly mind-games than actually doing his job. Kiffin deserves complete blame for that shambles this year at SC.

    Barkley had almost the same TD's as last year. He had a few more picks, but then had a similar volume increase in sacks playing behind a much weaker offensive line. He wasn't faultless and had bad games. But some of the stuff written about him is silly. Ultimately you know what you're going to bet from Matt Barkley. What he lacks physically he'll make up for technically.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8278
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:55 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I think it's incredibly silly, some of the things people are talking about regarding Barkley. I get the people who never rated him (although I fundamentally disagree with their take). But to hammer him this year having previously touted him as the #1 pick? Did these people watch USC this year? The entire defense was a joke. Kiffin spent more time being a total wanker to the media and playing silly mind-games than actually doing his job. Kiffin deserves complete blame for that shambles this year at SC.

    Barkley had almost the same TD's as last year. He had a few more picks, but then had a similar volume increase in sacks playing behind a much weaker offensive line. He wasn't faultless and had bad games. But some of the stuff written about him is silly. Ultimately you know what you're going to bet from Matt Barkley. What he lacks physically he'll make up for technically.


    I became a fan pretty late to college football, how did Kiffin even get the HC job at USC when Pete left? I remember he was a big deal when he went to Tennessee, but Tennessee wasn't even any good when he was the coach for that one year... Why was he considered such a great coach? What program did he build his name with?
    User avatar
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 698
    Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:51 am
    Location: Auburn, Wa


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:02 pm
  • Basically his reputation goes before him. He was part of the USC powerhouse Carroll built and his dad is Monte Kiffin. That's about it. He was a failure in Oakland (not the first, mind), spent a year pissing off other coaches in the SEC with Tennessee talking smack, all while winning nothing. And now at USC he's wasted a year of incredible offensive talent. They really should be looking for a new HC.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8278
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:04 pm
  • Personally I think Barkley is never going to be above average in the NFL. And in my defense I thought that after last year as well.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18803
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:45 pm
  • Isnt that because you're a Ducks fan?
    User avatar
    Erebus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 790
    Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:53 pm
    Location: Ft. Meade, MD


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:53 pm
  • Probably, Erebus.

    Barkley will do well for a team like KC. They can give him run support and have some talent to work with around that roster. They are almost as fraudulent a 2-14 team as Indy was last year.

    In terms of the mental side of the game, Barkley is the best of the Pete Carroll era QBs from USC. He has great footwork and mechanics too. I think he will hit the ground running in 2013 and have a better statistical rookie season than Luck did.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11547
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:59 pm
  • Erebus wrote:Isnt that because you're a Ducks fan?


    Nope. I've seen him put up huge yardage and have great games against the Ducks, so if anything that would make me think more highly of him. He played way better against the Ducks twice then Andrew Luck ever did, and i was hugely high on Luck. I would also gladly give up my first child for the Seahawks to get Marquise Lee. So being a Ducks fan, and disliking USC has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion.

    Its because I dont feel he's very good when he's pressured. I dont think he has a huge arm (although its certainly not weak). I dont think he's athletic enough to avoid the rush. And I think he benefits hugely from having the 2 best playmakers at WR in the country. He also throws some absolutely bonehead interceptions that junior high QB's shouldnt throw.

    I'm not saying he'll be a bad quarterback. I dont think he'll be Matt Leinart or Mark Sanchez or anything. I just dont think he'll be as good as any of the big 3 rookie QB's this year and will most likely never make a probowl.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18803
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:01 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Erebus wrote:Isnt that because you're a Ducks fan?


    Nope. I've seen him put up huge yardage and have great games against the Ducks, so if anything that would make me think more highly of him. He played way better against the Ducks twice then Andrew Luck ever did, and i was hugely high on Luck.

    Its because I dont feel he's very good when he's pressured. I dont think he has a huge arm (although its certainly not weak). I dont think he's athletic enough to avoid the rush. And I think he benefits hugely from having the 2 best playmakers at WR in the country.


    Knock it off with sound reasoning, Akili.
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 12102
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:04 pm
  • Lets say KC does trade back, who will take the #1; Which player is worthy of the #1 that some teams might trade up for?
    User avatar
    hai
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 474
    Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:26 pm
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:17 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Erebus wrote:Isnt that because you're a Ducks fan?


    Nope. I've seen him put up huge yardage and have great games against the Ducks, so if anything that would make me think more highly of him. He played way better against the Ducks twice then Andrew Luck ever did, and i was hugely high on Luck.

    Its because I dont feel he's very good when he's pressured. I dont think he has a huge arm (although its certainly not weak). I dont think he's athletic enough to avoid the rush. And I think he benefits hugely from having the 2 best playmakers at WR in the country.


    Knock it off with sound reasoning, Akili.


    I believe i'm more in the Bill Musgrave mold.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18803
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:41 am
  • hai wrote:Lets say KC does trade back, who will take the #1; Which player is worthy of the #1 that some teams might trade up for?

    It's a pretty weak upper-tier class. I'd be surprised if anyone traded up for anything but a quarterback, but only if KC finds a qb before the draft and a team fell in love with that player. Otherwise, I'd say KC stays and goes with the upside player in Geno Smith.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    User avatar
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2217
    Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
    Location: Vancouver, Wa


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:45 am
  • What a horrible year to have the number 1 pick.
    Image
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1429
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:39 am
  • I think Barkley can be a good NFL QB provided he has talent around him. I don't think he can carry a team.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 7015
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:29 pm
  • in my opinion there are a couple guys worth the 1st pick in this draft. Only Star would have been top 10 last year.
    Luke Joeckle
    Star Lotulelei
    Chance Warmack
    Taylor Lewan
    Jarvis Jones

    This class is so weak IMO we may see a gaurd go in the top 5. Now JS/PC will most likely find 5 1st round draft choices in this draft and we will all scratch our heads again going how in the hell do they find these guys. Barkley and Smith might be the only QB's to go in the first round and I would not take smith as a QB, I wouldn't have taken Cam Newton either and that seems to be a fairly good pick so shows what I know. We might not see a RB go until late in the second. I think this is a D heavy draft with tons of value and depth but nearly no superstars kinda like 2009, where of the 12 Probowlers in the draft 5 are lineman, 2 are LB, 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 SS
    I would say maybe 2 remotely have a shot at the hall. Of the first 3 rounds 17 are contributing starters. anyway I think this will be a draft like that. The NFL will build Hype and a lot of teams will end up with Arron Curry.
    "Go Hawks" Russlemainia
    Adopt a Rookie - Jackson Jeffcoat
    User avatar
    SeaHawk80
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 244
    Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 am
    Location: Pe Ell, WA


Re: Kansas City is on the clock.
Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:23 pm
  • Chiefs got it rough, I would still take Barkley #1 overall if I'm the Chiefs unless they decide to make a trade for a backup or washout starter somewhere else but I believe Barkley is an upgrade to every QB they have used the last two seasons, they can't start next year with a Casell/Quinn carousel again and outside of Barkley only Alex Smith would make sense to me for this team.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    User avatar
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1802
    Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm




It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:41 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests