Will the media blame the GB lack of bye on the Hawks?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

WWill the media blame the GB lack of bye on the Hawks?

Yes the media will make multiple stories saying it was all because of Fail Mary
89%
No They will show that GB failed to clinch the bye on their own
11%

Total votes : 119

• I wonder how many shit stories will be written on ESPN etc blaming the GB lack of a playoff bye on the Seattle game and not on the fact they lost 5 games?? What do you think?
    Last edited by rainger on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• theyy can blame refs for making a good call and not helping bout their beloved Packers
    quadsas
    NET Practice Squad

• We will hear it, I'm sure
    acbass
    NET Starter

• Is there any doubt?

More fuel for the boys in blue.
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• of course!
    Last edited by Hawkspur on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

• Ya they were talking about it on ESPN.
    Sandpoint Hawk
    NET Starter

• Piss on em. I hope they bitch about it all the way to a loss against Minni.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

• Absolutely no doubt at all.......Bring it, let the mediots choke on it.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Its a good way to identify dipshits.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Of course they will ... that's what they do ... I can't wait for Colin Cowherd ... but seriously, I don't care.
    Imagine Seattle wins the SB ... will there be an (*) next to it?
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• how dare the seahawks beat the packers in week 17.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• meh... who cares what they think. they don't care what I/we think.
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Starter

• Seattle made up for that game by beating the whiners last week. They had their chance and blew it against the Vikings today.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• My god who are the 2 people voting that the Media will be reasonalble??? Green Bay fans?
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• joeseahawks wrote:Of course they will ... that's what they do ... I can't wait for Colin Cowherd ... but seriously, I don't care.

Maybe it's good we didn't get the bye then. We have to go on the road for multiple games and play the wildcard game. We have zero advantage in the playoffs, we must earn it. There will be no *
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• I hope that somebody in the national media points out how disengenous that argument really is. It's absurd (as we all know) to blame something that happened in WEEK THREE (!!!) for the rest of their year. They had destiny in their own hands for the next 13 games (and, most importantly, the definitive Game #16). I hope Minnesota beats them again.
    Jac
    NET Veteran

• My response would be if the Packers wanted the bye, their crap defense shouldn't have Christian Ponder put up stats that made him look like Joe Montana.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

• Jac wrote:I hope that somebody in the national media points out how disengenous that argument really is. It's absurd (as we all know) to blame something that happened in WEEK THREE (!!!) for the rest of their year. They had destiny in their own hands for the next 13 games (and, most importantly, the definitive Game #16). I hope Minnesota beats them again.

That is how it should be but I have lost all repect for the Media. They are all frauds. They dont give a damn about facts but rather manipulating all the people to their point of view. They want to control the thinking of us all. I refuse.
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• Will they? Maybe. Do I give a crap? No.
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

• all I have heard all season long is the fail Mary. So if they haven't let it go yet they are not going to let it go in the playoffs.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• Asks magic 8 ball...........................YES!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Yea, it will all be blamed on that loss. Because it counts more than all their other losses somehow.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• The Pack had plenty of chances to get a 2 seed. Beating the 49ers AT LAMBEAU for instance. Or beating a bad colts team....

Yeah they can whine all they want.
    Founding Father of the Bevell-Be-Gone Movement

Currently riding SHOTGUN on the Russell Wilson bandwagon.

Renton Chapter Seahawkers Booster Club
    Section 316 @ CenturyLink Field

Kuendelea Mwewe - Go Hawks
    SilkMonkey
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• God I hope so :3: , The Media needs to console the Porkers.
    Those stupid Temporary Refs. should have been coached by the regulars on being bias to the crybabies.
    Seahawks deserved that win when Chancellor batted down the ball in an earlier play, the Packers were GIFTED a PI call for them to continue on for their TD which shouldn't have been.
    KARMA is a bitch ain't she?! :141847_bnono:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• And there it was. It just came up on the NFL Network. Surprisingly the usual talking heads on there said that if the Packers could have gotten the bye by taking care of busniess today, and that it's time to turn the page.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

• HawkRiderFan wrote:And there it was. It just came up on the NFL Network. Surprisingly the usual talking heads on there said that if the Packers could have gotten the bye by taking care of busniess today, and that it's time to turn the page.

Oh just wait. I am sure ESPN or CBS will have an article or 2 of spin in the next week that will say the Fail Mary was the fault of GB not getting a by. I will put money on it. It will happen!
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• My guess is that there will be a lot more time spent with us whining about the media talking about it then time spent wtih the media actually talking about it.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:My guess is that there will be a lot more time spent with us whining about the media talking about it then time spent wtih the media actually talking about it.

OK the bet is on. One article by the media will take a couple of hours to do to get the right spin. We have taken a total of 15 minutes making a few posts. True the posts have taken time to be added but that is the nature of a forum.

LOL I like your post but I am not sure we are "Whining" more than we are speculating on their agenda.
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• rainger wrote:I wonder how many shit stories will be written on ESPN etc blaming the GB lack of a playoff bye on the Seattle game and not on the fact they lost 5 games?? What do you think?

I like the idea, but you should have had a "Who cares, the Seahawks beat every one of the Packer's primary competition for that bye week and the Packers simply weren't good enough to close the deal so enjoy the rematch against Minnesota next weekend" option.

8)
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Don Banks at SI delivers!

So now we know what the Week 3 victory they had stolen from them in Seattle cost the Packers: the No. 2 seed in the NFC, and a first-round bye. No small matter there.

With Green Bay's loss at Minnesota, the Packers ended the season 11-5, a half-game behind San Francisco (11-4-1) in the battle for the No. 2 seed. At 12-4, without the replacement refs' game-ending fiasco on that Monday night in CenturyLink Field, Green Bay theoretically would have been in position to lose Sunday to the Vikings and still earn a much-desired week off to start the playoffs.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... z2Gc4PbyYp
    Avisday1
    NET Bench Warmer

• joeseahawks wrote:Of course they will ... that's what they do ... I can't wait for Colin Cowherd ... but seriously, I don't care.

No. We had a one game cushion for 5th seed.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• Scottemojo wrote:Its a good way to identify dipshits.

:13:
    Loud and Proud - THEE 12th Man
    WSUhawk4life
    NET Practice Squad

• SilkMonkey wrote:The Pack had plenty of chances to get a 2 seed. Beating the 49ers AT LAMBEAU for instance. Or beating a bad colts team....

Yeah they can whine all they want.

Maybe the media is, but Packer fans aren't whining over it except for a few who probably whine about everything. Like you said, we had our shot at the bye against Minn. We lost. Was a great game. AP is unbelievable. We're in the playoffs, we're at home next week. We ain't bitchin'. Packers may actually play some D next week. If so they'll win.

There's pluses and minuses to having a bye anyhoo.
    ExpatPack
    NET Bench Warmer

• They have been waiting to lead with that angle since 10minutes after that game ended.

It'll be an onslaught.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• Sick of people on .net talking about fail Mary.

We did lose the game. Tate didn't catch the ball and we were awarded with the win.

So what? if the Packers have beaten the Seahawks they could had lost to the Rams and Arizona.

Let the Media talk about it, it's their jobs but stop posting it on here.
    Carmon1274
    NET Veteran

• I am happy that it didn't affect our standing. Take away that win and with tiebreakers we are still the #5 seed going to Washington.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

• Yup here is the first from Don Banks this is a quote. The link was posted a few comments back

So now we know what the Week 3 victory they had stolen from them in Seattle cost the Packers: the No. 2 seed in the NFC, and a first-round bye. No small matter there.

With Green Bay's loss at Minnesota, the Packers ended the season 11-5, a half-game behind San Francisco (11-4-1) in the battle for the No. 2 seed. At 12-4, without the replacement refs' game-ending fiasco on that Monday night in CenturyLink Field, Green Bay theoretically would have been in position to lose Sunday to the Vikings and still earn a much-desired week off to start the playoffs.

It's spilt milk, to be sure, but for the team from the nation's dairy land, it was a significant mistake. Teams with first-round byes are one homefield win away from playing for the conference championship. Instead, Green Bay will have to win twice to get to the NFC title game, with at least one of those games coming either at Atlanta or San Francisco.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... z2GeClZnKV
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• Do we care?????

Sorry its only monday as we will hear about this freshly every day for the entire week.

And then next week

And then next week

Get over it people, they need something to talk about while we on the other hand have lots to talk about. all positive.

:les:
    So close to the real thing.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• They tried it yesterday and it was surprisingly shut down by marshall faulk,

big eared announcer: is it safe to say that the seahawks cost the packers the first round bye.

Faulk: no the vikings did. that was 14 weeks ago dude
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information