The Dolphin game cost us the #2 seed.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
The Dolphin game cost us the #2 seed.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:45 pm
  • :34853_doh:
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Ahhhhhhhhhh
Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:46 pm
  • The whiners get the #2 seed....

edited for language by radish
    Displaced to the south by marriage..... Lifetime Hawk fan BY CHOICE!!! (not always an easy choice)
    HAWKFaninBAMA
    NET Rookie

Re: Ahhhhhhhhhh
Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:46 pm
  • HAWKFaninBAMA wrote:The whiners get the #2 seed.... F&$&@!?!

:lol:
    ScarScream
    NET Bench Warmer

• or the cards, or rams, or lions... oh well
    Dismas
    NET Starter

• No, Braylon Edwards cost us the #2 seed in the first game against AZ.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• Beat me to it was just thinking the same thing!
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

• Only in position because of the Packers game

It ALWAYS goes both ways
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• Mike Carey's call on the Thomas ruffing the passer, that negated Wagner's Int in Miami's endzone and gave Miami 1st down and goal cost us the #2 seed. Thanks Mike Carey.

As for the 9ers getting the two seed I say good, that puts them directly in our path. There will be no sweeter victory this year than demolishing the 9ers in their house to end their season on our way to the NFC championship.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• I said it after the Lions game. That was the one that cost us. Sure, any of them cost us. The early games are understandable, as Wilson and the offense still taking baby steps. The Lions game was the first the offense won for us only to see the defense lose it for us. And if we'd have learned the lesson we learned after the Dolphins game after the Lions game, we wouldn't have lost it.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• cesame wrote:Only in position because of the Packers game

It ALWAYS goes both ways

Except the Packers game was the right call. The wrong call in that game was the phantom PI against us that kept their go ahead scoring drive alive on what would have been a 4th down.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• RichNhansom wrote:
    cesame wrote:Only in position because of the Packers game

It ALWAYS goes both ways

Except the Packers game was the right call. The wrong call in that game was the phantom PI against us that kept their go ahead scoring drive alive on what would have been a 4th down.

Stop.

Just stop.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• Lions game hurt Seattle as much as the Dolphins game. Hawks are better than both those teams.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Who cares? PLAYOFFS WOOOOOOo!
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• cesame wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:

It ALWAYS goes both ways

Stop.

Just stop.

You can't handle the truth.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• cesame wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:

It ALWAYS goes both ways

Stop.

Just stop.

Rich is correct. Golden Tate's magnificent simultaneous catch at the end for the TD and the win was 100% the right call based on how the rule is written. Go cry somewhere else, emo kid.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• cesame wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:

It ALWAYS goes both ways

Stop.

Just stop.

Why does he have to if you won't? You have kept this thing going for months now. What week was that? 3?
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• OP has it right. The dolphins loss hurts most. We played well offensively but couldn't stop a rookie QB on multiple third downs when it counted. The earlier losses we hadn't quite gelled yet, the Dolphins game , we should have won. Would have had a bye. Damn.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• cesame wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:

It ALWAYS goes both ways

Stop.

Just stop.

cesawho?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Packers fans' boards probably have a thread in this vein (Fail Mary cost us the #2 seed).

We're in the playoffs. Let's talk about how we're going to go into Dallas/Washington and dog slap an NFC East darling.
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Someone recently posted a video of all the bad calls in the Packers game. The part I though was hilarious was the announcer stating during the catch that Tate was going for possession and even mentioned simultaneous possession and then of course goes turn coat and says it was an Int. But in the heat of the moment, he was saying simultaneous catch all the way.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• cesame wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:

It ALWAYS goes both ways

Stop.

Just stop.
    :34853_doh: :177692:
    Why? he's right!
    Maybe you should "just stop"!?!?
    The APP (Amateur Post Police) out in spades tonight !
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Cant boil anything down to one play, or even one game. If thing's went how 'they're supposed to' the NFL season would be over in August. If San Fran had done what everyone expected and beat St Louis twice we wouldnt be having this convo. At the end of the day we're playoff bound with a team on a hot streak, our future is in our own hands now so GO HAWKS
    Seahawk from across the pond! Undersized CB for the Leeds Celtics
    toadie_uk
    NET Rookie

• That's why I was so livid and critical after those losses. They hurt us, especially the Miami game, as it was late in the season. We've played about as well as a team can play since then, but it was too late.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Coulda shoulda woulda
    Minne
    NET Veteran

• Hawks46 wrote:That's why I was so livid and critical after those losses. They hurt us, especially the Miami game, as it was late in the season. We've played about as well as a team can play since then, but it was too late.

exactly!
    Seahawk from across the pond! Undersized CB for the Leeds Celtics
    toadie_uk
    NET Rookie

• I think JSeahawks is trolling. LOL!
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Why? he's right!

No, he's not right. Thinking he is is ridiculous.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• Seriously I did not even think we would make it to the playoffs, so I am really happy, no loss at Clink and a playoff punched in. Really great season.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

• Agree, the Fins game cost us.
    Keyhawk
    NET Rookie

• Things like this are an exercise in futility. Every team loses games they "shouldn't," so if we want to say things like this we need to look at the other teams and they games they dropped as well.

I remember after that game saying that a playoff team doesn't lose that game, so I'm content with where we are at.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• drdiags wrote:I think JSeahawks is trolling. LOL!

Always Doc, always!
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• So what? I don't get the fixation on the close games we lost and not thinking about the close games we won.

It's all part of the process, I like where were at and I'm not going to play the "What if" game.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

• Between the 49ers and Seahawks, there are 17 different outcomes you could point to as the difference maker. The Dolphins game was just one of those outcomes.

Me, I'm taking the high road and blaming the Rams. Jeff Fisher shouldn't have taken that delay of game in OT dammit!
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• The good thing about SF @ #2 seed is we won't have to play both SF and GB. That'd be a brutal back to back on the road to the SB.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent fails to hard work"
    CHawks4L
    NET Rookie

• cesame wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Why? he's right!

Yes, he IS right. You're part of the mob that should be ashamed of yourselves.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... git/17706/

Step One: Control

Anyways, the very first frame shows the most important element that so many have missed: Golden Tate controls the ball before Jennings.

This video from another analysis does a good job of showing the zoomed-in view, and Tate gets his left hand in between Jennings and makes the one-handed catch before Jennings closes his hands around the ball. Here is a cap from that video.

Hardly the best quality, but you can see Jennings’ helmet and space between his hands and the ball as Tate catches it first. Here are the first four frames to show the point of first contact with the ball (click here for huge image).

In the first frame the ball has yet to arrive. It does in the second, and it is stopped by Tate’s left hand with Jennings yet to touch it. The ball does not even move in the third and fourth frames, as Tate’s hand is holding it up the whole time as Jennings wraps his two hands around it.

Tate controls the ball with his left hand throughout the whole play. He controlled the ball even before Jennings did, because he touched it first as we have already seen. He has control, and you do not need two hands or arms for control. It is ridiculous how people are ignoring the fact that one-handed catches are made all the time.

You should read the rest, it continues showing clearly that it was a legitimate catch and even shows Tate got his feet down first as well.

You should stop it.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• It was a catch. Sure, there was OPI on Tate that was ignored, but so what? The refs got the catch part correct.
    I'm with others, let's call it the "Wail Mary" play because of pathetic Wailing of butt-hurt Packer fans.
    There was minimal media attention for the Super Bowl XL officiating debacle.
    All Packers had to do was beat the Vikings today. Still wailing... hope their silly fixation with that game gets them beat against the Vikings in round 1.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Re: The Dolphin game cost us the #2 seed.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:25 pm
  • I think that Miami game kicked this team into gear honestly... the team was pisssssed after that... and Wilson knew he had to get a td in ot vs the bears because he couldnt trust the defense.
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:09 pm
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:
    cesame wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Why? he's right!

Yes, he IS right. You're part of the mob that should be ashamed of yourselves.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... git/17706/

Step One: Control

Anyways, the very first frame shows the most important element that so many have missed: Golden Tate controls the ball before Jennings.

This video from another analysis does a good job of showing the zoomed-in view, and Tate gets his left hand in between Jennings and makes the one-handed catch before Jennings closes his hands around the ball. Here is a cap from that video.

Hardly the best quality, but you can see Jennings’ helmet and space between his hands and the ball as Tate catches it first. Here are the first four frames to show the point of first contact with the ball (click here for huge image).

In the first frame the ball has yet to arrive. It does in the second, and it is stopped by Tate’s left hand with Jennings yet to touch it. The ball does not even move in the third and fourth frames, as Tate’s hand is holding it up the whole time as Jennings wraps his two hands around it.

Tate controls the ball with his left hand throughout the whole play. He controlled the ball even before Jennings did, because he touched it first as we have already seen. He has control, and you do not need two hands or arms for control. It is ridiculous how people are ignoring the fact that one-handed catches are made all the time.

You should read the rest, it continues showing clearly that it was a legitimate catch and even shows Tate got his feet down first as well.

You should stop it.

:192214:
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:27 pm
  • The Rams giving that tie game to SF is what cost us the #2 seed...
    chawx
    NET Veteran

• Sorry, your horribly pixelated photos prove nothing.

Not only was it blatant pass pass interference, it was also an interception. The only people that don't think so are Seahawks fans (shocking).
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• Let me quote from Shakespeare's Macbeth:

Shakespeare wrote:Things without all remedy should be without regard: what's done is done.

In other words, move on already.
    Escamillo
    NET Rookie

• We could play the what-if game all day. Honestly I think it was those losses and that 6-5 record that motivated this team to turn it around and get to 11-5. I wouldn't trade our struggles for anything.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:10 am
  • cesame wrote:Sorry, your horribly pixelated photos prove nothing.

Not only was it blatant pass pass interference, it was also an interception. The only people that don't think so are Seahawks fans (shocking).

Please find one instance in the history of the NFL that an offensive pass interference has ever been called on a hail Mary and I will happily agree with you but if you can't find one then will you agree with me? If not then I think you are the one being
    ridiculous and ignoring facts that are put in front of you.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information