"9 yards? 9 yards to what?"

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
"9 yards? 9 yards to what?"
Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:48 pm
  • Love this quote from AP. Asked after the Vikings win if not getting that 9 yards hurt, and he responded with "9 yards? 9 yards what?" He cared much more about the win than the record. Love that. Seems like DangeRuss, pulling the ball down on the TD instead of throwing it. He cares more about the win than the record. They both do.

I don't even care if he broke the record or not, THIS GUY DESERVES MVP!
    Last edited by hawksfan515 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Re: "9 yards? 9 yards to what?"
Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:23 pm
  • I read into it a little differently just based on his facial expression and body language. I think he misheard her, and thought she was saying he broke the record by 9 yards. When she asked about the 9 yards he seemed to get a little excited, and then when she repeated herself he deflated a bit. I may be wrong though, either way I love the dude.
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:28 pm
  • Peterson deserves MVP all the way
    Sandpoint Hawk
    NET Starter

Re:
Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:29 pm
  • Sandpoint Hawk wrote:Peterson deserves MVP all the way

YEP! +111111111111111111
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:17 pm
  • SilNWest wrote:I read into it a little differently just based on his facial expression and body language. I think he misheard her, and thought she was saying he broke the record by 9 yards. When she asked about the 9 yards he seemed to get a little excited, and then when she repeated herself he deflated a bit. I may be wrong though, either way I love the dude.

That's what I thought too
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:10 am
  • SilNWest wrote:I read into it a little differently just based on his facial expression and body language. I think he misheard her, and thought she was saying he broke the record by 9 yards. When she asked about the 9 yards he seemed to get a little excited, and then when she repeated herself he deflated a bit. I may be wrong though, either way I love the dude.

This.

He didn't know which side of the record he fell on and was trying to find out. 9 yards over or 9 yards under was what he didn't know. It's funny how people can see the exact same thing and see totally different. He was very disappointed that he didn't get the record. I've never seen someone so down after a game his team won to get into the playoffs.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:55 am
  • rideaducati wrote:
    SilNWest wrote:I read into it a little differently just based on his facial expression and body language. I think he misheard her, and thought she was saying he broke the record by 9 yards. When she asked about the 9 yards he seemed to get a little excited, and then when she repeated herself he deflated a bit. I may be wrong though, either way I love the dude.

This.

He didn't know which side of the record he fell on and was trying to find out. 9 yards over or 9 yards under was what he didn't know. It's funny how people can see the exact same thing and see totally different. He was very disappointed that he didn't get the record. I've never seen someone so down after a game his team won to get into the playoffs.

It's a tough one to take, I'd bet he'd much rather have finished 100 yards off the record than 9
    themunn
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information