JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

  • Injury related still or has he played his way to the top?
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    ImageImage

    Proud member of the 38 club
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13676
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • John probably still isn't 100% healthy, but JR didn't do too bad last week which is really good news for us.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11314
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


  • He was last week too and started as well. It's not a surprise.
    I'm In!


    What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    User avatar
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3583
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX


  • Seafan wrote:He was last week too and started as well. It's not a surprise.


    Oh, well, I'm sorry. I'll just leave all the posting to you from now on. ;) :happydrunks:
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11602
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • Image
    Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
    Image
    User avatar
    VaporHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1540
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
    Location: Seattle


  • It seemed to me from a lot of the pre-season talk, even when Sweezy struggled in the early regular season games, that the coaching staff looked at Sweezy as the higher upside long-term guy over Moffitt. I really am only basing that on how I interpreted the way Sweezy was talked about, but I do think they wanted to acclimate him to the position and the pro-game to eventually be the full-time starter there. Looks like that's now....?
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • Meh, I would rather see Moffitt move over to LG and compete with Carpenter. Think he is more natural there.
    User avatar
    GCrow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 701
    Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:05 am
    Location: Canada


  • pinksheets wrote:It seemed to me from a lot of the pre-season talk, even when Sweezy struggled in the early regular season games, that the coaching staff looked at Sweezy as the higher upside long-term guy over Moffitt. I really am only basing that on how I interpreted the way Sweezy was talked about, but I do think they wanted to acclimate him to the position and the pro-game to eventually be the full-time starter there. Looks like that's now....?


    Here is a good article from yesterday about Sweezy and how he has come along.

    http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Rookie-guard-JR-Sweezy-making-most-of-second-chance/883bc038-89ad-4015-84ff-7873f277932b
    Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
    Image
    User avatar
    VaporHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1540
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
    Location: Seattle


  • VaporHawk wrote:Image


    Looks like u got a couple Seahawks mug shots. Maybe a fire will light under Moffit after seeing JR get the start over him or maybe he's not starting for a medical reasons.
    User avatar
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 912
    Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:28 am
    Location: Seattle , Wa


  • Eric Williams has mentioned in his chats at TNT that Moffitt has not shown stellar work ethic while he has been here. There is no question that Sweezy is a better athlete than Moffitt, so if Sweezy is outworking him, it was only a matter of time before Sweezy passed him up.
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2585
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


  • Whoever the better man is, I want him on the field on gameday.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 10494
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Monroe, WA


  • Moffitt retweeted this last night:

    Alex Baze ‏@bazecraze
    I don't know how NFL players can work in an environment where 106% isn't considered enough effort.


    If the coaches think it's his work ethic, apparently he disagrees.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • pinksheets wrote:Moffitt retweeted this last night:

    Alex Baze ‏@bazecraze
    I don't know how NFL players can work in an environment where 106% isn't considered enough effort.


    If the coaches think it's his work ethic, apparently he disagrees.


    Wow.
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 12204
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • Its kinda seems like when we draft 1st and 2nd rounders they end up performing like 7th rounders and vis versa.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 898
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm


  • Seafan wrote:He was last week too and started as well. It's not a surprise.


    Unlike you I tried to write my post without being a smartaZZ. I could have said that Russell Wilson was also at the top of the depth chart and was starting as well, why don't you complete the entire lineup for us, smartaZZ.
    I'm In!


    What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    User avatar
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3583
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX


  • EastCoastHawksFan wrote:Its kinda seems like when we draft 1st and 2nd rounders they end up performing like 7th rounders and vis versa.


    No, just everyone that we draft performs like a first rounder
    Our draft picks from rounds 1&2 under PCJS are Russell Okung, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, James Carpenter, Bruce Irvin & Bobby Wagner.

    Only Carpenter's performance hasn't reached his draft position, and that's mostly through injury than anything else
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2606
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


  • themunn wrote:
    EastCoastHawksFan wrote:Its kinda seems like when we draft 1st and 2nd rounders they end up performing like 7th rounders and vis versa.


    No, just everyone that we draft performs like a first rounder
    Our draft picks from rounds 1&2 under PCJS are Russell Okung, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, James Carpenter, Bruce Irvin & Bobby Wagner.

    Only Carpenter's performance hasn't reached his draft position, and that's mostly through injury than anything else

    I believe Moffit was a 2nd Rder, same year as Carp. But we've doen pretty well, overall at the top of the draft, too.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 10494
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Monroe, WA


  • sutz wrote:
    themunn wrote:
    EastCoastHawksFan wrote:Its kinda seems like when we draft 1st and 2nd rounders they end up performing like 7th rounders and vis versa.


    No, just everyone that we draft performs like a first rounder
    Our draft picks from rounds 1&2 under PCJS are Russell Okung, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, James Carpenter, Bruce Irvin & Bobby Wagner.

    Only Carpenter's performance hasn't reached his draft position, and that's mostly through injury than anything else

    I believe Moffit was a 2nd Rder, same year as Carp. But we've doen pretty well, overall at the top of the draft, too.


    nah he was a 3rd, we traded our 2nd for more picks
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2606
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


  • After today, Moffitt might just get his job back. Although, in fairness, it was the Rams' defensive line.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11602
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • Image
    quadsas
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 93
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:34 pm


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:After today, Moffitt might just get his job back. Although, in fairness, it was the Rams' defensive line.


    Eh I still like the Sweez. I am no line expert, far from it, but I didn't notice him a lot.

    Saw Okung get beat for a sack though :( Sucked.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5236
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:After today, Moffitt might just get his job back. Although, in fairness, it was the Rams' defensive line.


    Or, ya know,the Rams and now Cards OC's stacking 2 on Sweezy on passing plays. A good defensive coach will exploit Sweezy, every time. Rams have a GREAT line, but they got the better of Sweezy by making him think.
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 12204
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm




It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:39 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online