JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart

Blitzer88

Reaction score
John probably still isn't 100% healthy, but JR didn't do too bad last week which is really good news for us.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seafan":3p8f196l said:
He was last week too and started as well. It's not a surprise.

Oh, well, I'm sorry. I'll just leave all the posting to you from now on. ;) :happydrunks:

pinksheets

Reaction score
It seemed to me from a lot of the pre-season talk, even when Sweezy struggled in the early regular season games, that the coaching staff looked at Sweezy as the higher upside long-term guy over Moffitt. I really am only basing that on how I interpreted the way Sweezy was talked about, but I do think they wanted to acclimate him to the position and the pro-game to eventually be the full-time starter there. Looks like that's now....?

GCrow

Reaction score
Meh, I would rather see Moffitt move over to LG and compete with Carpenter. Think he is more natural there.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":3sc9a3yu said:
It seemed to me from a lot of the pre-season talk, even when Sweezy struggled in the early regular season games, that the coaching staff looked at Sweezy as the higher upside long-term guy over Moffitt. I really am only basing that on how I interpreted the way Sweezy was talked about, but I do think they wanted to acclimate him to the position and the pro-game to eventually be the full-time starter there. Looks like that's now....?

Here is a good article from yesterday about Sweezy and how he has come along.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articl...d-chance/883bc038-89ad-4015-84ff-7873f277932b

garydrake425

Reaction score
VaporHawk":kd39ymrh said:

Looks like u got a couple Seahawks mug shots. Maybe a fire will light under Moffit after seeing JR get the start over him or maybe he's not starting for a medical reasons.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Eric Williams has mentioned in his chats at TNT that Moffitt has not shown stellar work ethic while he has been here. There is no question that Sweezy is a better athlete than Moffitt, so if Sweezy is outworking him, it was only a matter of time before Sweezy passed him up.

sutz

Reaction score
Whoever the better man is, I want him on the field on gameday.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Moffitt retweeted this last night:

Alex Baze ‏@bazecraze
I don't know how NFL players can work in an environment where 106% isn't considered enough effort.

If the coaches think it's his work ethic, apparently he disagrees.

pehawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":2kfx50cl said:
Moffitt retweeted this last night:

Alex Baze ‏@bazecraze
I don't know how NFL players can work in an environment where 106% isn't considered enough effort.

If the coaches think it's his work ethic, apparently he disagrees.

Wow.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Its kinda seems like when we draft 1st and 2nd rounders they end up performing like 7th rounders and vis versa.

Seafan

Reaction score
Seafan":ftsysq7k said:
He was last week too and started as well. It's not a surprise.

Unlike you I tried to write my post without being a smartaZZ. I could have said that Russell Wilson was also at the top of the depth chart and was starting as well, why don't you complete the entire lineup for us, smartaZZ.

themunn

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":4vaq780q said:
Its kinda seems like when we draft 1st and 2nd rounders they end up performing like 7th rounders and vis versa.

No, just everyone that we draft performs like a first rounder
Our draft picks from rounds 1&2 under PCJS are Russell Okung, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, James Carpenter, Bruce Irvin & Bobby Wagner.

Only Carpenter's performance hasn't reached his draft position, and that's mostly through injury than anything else

sutz

Reaction score
themunn":27bw9v0n said:
EastCoastHawksFan":27bw9v0n said:

Our draft picks from rounds 1&2 under PCJS are Russell Okung, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, James Carpenter, Bruce Irvin & Bobby Wagner.

Only Carpenter's performance hasn't reached his draft position, and that's mostly through injury than anything else
I believe Moffit was a 2nd Rder, same year as Carp. But we've doen pretty well, overall at the top of the draft, too.

themunn

Reaction score
sutz":3vcs2jqm said:
themunn":3vcs2jqm said:
EastCoastHawksFan":3vcs2jqm said:

I believe Moffit was a 2nd Rder, same year as Carp. But we've doen pretty well, overall at the top of the draft, too.

nah he was a 3rd, we traded our 2nd for more picks

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
After today, Moffitt might just get his job back. Although, in fairness, it was the Rams' defensive line.