Wow. St. Louis fans really hate us, too.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Being hated is awesome. Especially outside of your own division.

How many fans nationwide hate the Bills? How many hate the Jags? Yeah, there's a reason for that...

djb28

Reaction score
Who cares? Stay home and watch your stupid 9ers and Rams I have been to many non Seahawks games just to watch some football and I see that happen with opposing teams constantly. Trash talk is trash talk. No one is getting hurt. When the punches start flying then it is ridiculous. But fans are gonna yell, scream, talk shit and on occasion get in your face. When I went to the Buffalo game ( years ago ) I wore my Seahawks gear. I knew what I would be in for and I got it! Now I have been to that stadium plenty of times without any gear and never had a problem. It is just the way it is.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
BadGuy711":3qbkz3a2 said:
BuffaloHawk":3qbkz3a2 said:
All 5 of their fans hate us I guess

Completely irrelevant team. SHOULD be the team that moves to LA. Nobody cares about them.
It's LA's team in the first place. And if I was a betting man, that's the team I would put money on to move there. The owner seems to be doing nothing to reassure anyone that he plans on staying.

Ah who I am kidding? I just want them to move to LA so we have one less Eastern Road Trip a year.

I really don't want to see teams move. It's an awful painful thing to have happen as a fan. Some things should just be sacred.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
That's my annual "travel to" game because I live in Omaha, but even then, that dome is freaking dump and its always empty.

djb28

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":sgfr9yip said:
BadGuy711":sgfr9yip said:
BuffaloHawk":sgfr9yip said:

Completely irrelevant team. SHOULD be the team that moves to LA. Nobody cares about them.
It's LA's team in the first place. And if I was a betting man, that's the team I would put money on to move there. The owner seems to be doing nothing to reassure anyone that he plans on staying.

Ah who I am kidding? I just want them to move to LA so we have one less Eastern Road Trip a year.

I really don't want to see teams move. It's an awful painful thing to have happen as a fan. Some things should just be sacred.
Unless it is a Rams or San Fran team. Then it is just plain Fun!

Edited by radish for language djb28 check your PMs

Just a Fellow Fan

Reaction score
djb28":1nj02syf said:
Unless it is a Rams or San Fran team. Then it is just plain Fun!

We've already lost 1 football team with the Cardinals. Losing the Rams would mean no more NFL in St. Louis.

buzzkillington

Reaction score
I'm a 49ers fan and I don't hate the Seahawks. In fact I love to watch your team play, last Sun sucked but I don't take anything away from the Hawks they are a very good team. RW is amazing. The big rivalry may be SF vs Sea but I remember the Stl vs Sea rivalry kicked off when Grant Wistrom jumped ship to the Hawks. Those were some angry games. Lastly, good luck today.

BadGuy711

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3vcvebcl said:
BadGuy711":3vcvebcl said:
BuffaloHawk":3vcvebcl said:

Not to cop out, but I do agree with you that franchise relocation is hard on fans that don't deserve it, and in general sucks. I have been through it ( and Im a diehard Hawks Fan, but not a Seattleite, so it wasn't the Sonics) and I an still bitter.

In this situation however, it's not a case of IF someone is moving to LA, it's WHEN someone is going to move to LA. And it's nothing personal against St. Louis. But at least the silver linings are there: Ram Fans in LA get their team back and a great regional rivalry with SF is restored. And from a purely selfish Seahawks POV (which I admit is how I think) we get some relief on the most brutal travel schedule in the League, a disadvantage which is real.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Tech Worlds":3kv41yms said:
BadGuy711":3kv41yms said:
BuffaloHawk":3kv41yms said:

If that's the case, St. Louis should get the Cardinals back, and L.A. should get the Rams back. Those were the original cities. Would you feel comfortable saying the Thunder should not move, because fans shouldn't lose their team?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":t0gx78ta said:
Tech Worlds":t0gx78ta said:
BadGuy711":t0gx78ta said:

If that's the case, St. Louis should get the Cardinals back, and L.A. should get the Rams back. Those were the original cities. Would you feel comfortable saying the Thunder should not move, because fans shouldn't lose their team?

Dude. I am just saying that as a fan it sucks to lose your team. You may not care but I do. What should happen and what does happen are two different things.

I think that teams should belong to the communities and never leave. But that's not the way things work in sports. I realize that teams have moved all over the place. That fact does not minimize the emotional impact that the relocation had on that fan base.

Daddy Love

Reaction score
To paraphrase FDR: "Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one team as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for us--and we welcome their hatred."

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I want the hate. That means the Hawks are slapping people around and frustrating the media, fans and other players.

This team was pretty successful between the 2002-2007 seasons and it got them nothing in the respect department. That was after owning teams for several straight seasons.

Now the Niners have a division title under their belt, on their way to their second and have won a single playoff game. They come around expecting attention and love for ZERO. Shit.. The Cards did better than that in 2007-2009 and no one gave two squirts about them. Respect isn't ever going to happen.

It is much better to be hated and see your team rise to the challenge, pissing off opposing fans in the process than it is to be "respected". ANYDAY.

buzzkillington

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1q2uv2ih said:
I want the hate. That means the Hawks are slapping people around and frustrating the media, fans and other players.

This team was pretty successful between the 2002-2007 seasons and it got them nothing in the respect department. That was after owning teams for several straight seasons.

Now the Niners have a division title under their belt, on their way to their second and have won a single playoff game. They come around expecting attention and love for ZERO. Shit.. The Cards did better than that in 2007-2009 and no one gave two squirts about them. Respect isn't ever going to happen.

It is much better to be hated and see your team rise to the challenge, pissing off opposing fans in the process than it is to be "respected". ANYDAY.

Look at the Hawks, got zero respect for beating the Saints in the playoffs.

BGHawk

Reaction score
so..does this mean st louie, forty whiners and the tards wont root for us in the SB?..this really hurts man

Sturm

Reaction score
There's actually a couple of Ram fans in that thread that say we got shafted in the 2005 SB...so they don't all hate us.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
There are immature emotional fans in every fan base. There are confrontations at every stadium that has an NFL game. Fans that experience these confrontations think that the world has gone awry. Some want to broadcast to the world how they were wronged. Often not using rational thought.

And of course some Ram fans, who's team has been trounced by the Seahawks for a very long time, are going to run with anything negative written about the Hawks or the fan base.

There are these same type of fans in our fan base as well.

RedAlice

Reaction score
As a generalization, it seems like the St. Louis fans tend to dislike the Seahawks more, while those of us who started as LA Rams fans dislike the Niners more. Since the height of the Niner rivalry pre-dated the move.

buzzkillington

Reaction score
RedAlice":4uipd48h said:
As a generalization, it seems like the St. Louis fans tend to dislike the Seahawks more, while those of us who started as LA Rams fans dislike the Niners more. Since the height of the Niner rivalry pre-dated the move.
And It seems like most Niner fans hate the Stl Rams more due to Warner driving a nail in the Niner Dynasty.

TJH

Reaction score
The hate doesn't just stem from us being good. Hawks fans are incredibly obnoxious sometimes and have a persecution complex that grinds on people.

Either way. **** em.