The future of Matt Flynn

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: The future of Matt Flynn
Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:27 pm
  • hawks4thewin wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    hawks4thewin wrote:I don't think he is going anywhere...We don't need the cash right now, we can see what happens in the draft... all before peddling away someone who at one time was brought in as a starter.
    Flynn is good. Imagine if fumble fingers didn't drop that one pass he aired out recently...... we would be like WOW Flynn is awesome....
    he don't suck, he is better than a lot of starters out there I think.... he will yield security, or profit.

We got Chancellor coming up, Browner too and some others, this team needs money to extend these dudes.

I'd rather keep the core intact instead of keeping the back up QB who can be easily replaced, no matter how you guys want to look at Flynn, he's still the back up.

Ohh I agree, with you throwdown, but I thought we didn't have much in the way of contracts to deal with yet?

Might or might not, I think Chancellor has 1 year left after this season and I think Browner as well, could be wrong so don't be surprised if I am lol.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:39 pm
  • Hawks of Wolf wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:Like many of you, I'm watching the projected #1 pick in the 13 draft, Geno Smith, look rather ordinary, if not lost, against football power house Syacuse. I said it earlier in this thread but continue to believe that this drafts best (Smith, Barkley, Wilson) are no better than last year's mid rd QB picks.

This isn't Smith's first less than exceptional game and despite the age difference, Flynn's experience would probably have me taking him over this year's projected #1 (overall). I'm not saying Flynn is worth a 1st rd pick, but I don't feel any QB in this draft is worth a 1st rd pick. Last year, QBs were coming out of the woodwork. This past draft could eclipse the greatest QB draft ever (83). This year could be one of the worst. IF we choose to move Flynn, I pity the team that covets him.

Mike Glennon from NC State is the most talented QB in the draft this year. He can make every single throw in the book. He has lacked a running game, oline protection, and too many drop balls over the past 2 years. Look for him to blow up at the senior bowl.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uygMU8GbWPE
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=URoXVwlayj ... re=related
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=682RFNg_DN ... re=related

Thanks for the head's up! I'll be up early watching him Monday vs Vandy. Reminds me a bit of a younger Roethlisberger (I mean that as a compliment).
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:48 pm
  • I agree that Glennon has the potential to move up BIG time on draft boards. I agree that bad running game, dropped passes and playcalling has been detrimental to him.

I do not believe that he will succed at the next level. He has the physical tools like very few but I don't believe that he sees the game properly which is why he throws many of his picks.

We shall see (also watched him the past few years)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:35 am
  • I think we try to keep him. We call some plays from that pistol that do put Wilson in harms way. It helps to have Flynn waiting just in case.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information