Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.

The Radish

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1lna16ms said:
I have traveled to see the Seahawks play in New Orleans, Miami, Philly, Denver(x3), KC(x3), Buffalo, Pittsburg, Denver, Toronto, San Francisco, Minnesota, and Green Bay. I think that is all.

I know I am not the most traveled Hawks fan but I have been around some. I don't start shit on the road. In fact, I rarely cheer my team's successes to excess. And, ftr, I am much bigger and tougher than Jonrud or Hemi.

All that said. I can assure you that in every stadium there are assholes who go to the games looking for someone to demean and threaten and challenge and cause suffering to.

I don't care whether I am in Denver or Seattle or KC. And i dont care what color the jerseys are. I know whose side I am on when I see a predator in action.

Leif I rarely argue with you now a days but I have to say Hemifed looks pretty damned capable to me. lol

:les:

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
The Radish":c1lk442m said:
bestfightstory":c1lk442m said:
I have traveled to see the Seahawks play in New Orleans, Miami, Philly, Denver(x3), KC(x3), Buffalo, Pittsburg, Denver, Toronto, San Francisco, Minnesota, and Green Bay. I think that is all.

I know I am not the most traveled Hawks fan but I have been around some. I don't start shit on the road. In fact, I rarely cheer my team's successes to excess. And, ftr, I am much bigger and tougher than Jonrud or Hemi.

All that said. I can assure you that in every stadium there are assholes who go to the games looking for someone to demean and threaten and challenge and cause suffering to.

I don't care whether I am in Denver or Seattle or KC. And i dont care what color the jerseys are. I know whose side I am on when I see a predator in action.

Leif I rarely argue with you now a days but I have to say Hemifed looks pretty damned capable to me. lol

Hemi would beat Leif down and not break a sweat. Sorry big beard.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1rzgjsom said:
The Radish":1rzgjsom said:
bestfightstory":1rzgjsom said:

I knew your ass would sniff this post out. Bull Roar. Hemi is a big cornfed farmer with no streetcred. He could take me in a wheelbarrow race but let us throw down and it's over. No contest. It's been quite awhile, but I'm a destroyer. Hemi is a gentle giant. And an oaf.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2l09ewrr said:
Tech Worlds":2l09ewrr said:
The Radish":2l09ewrr said:
bestfightstory said:

I knew your ass would sniff this post out. Bull Roar. Hemi is a big cornfed farmer with no streetcred. He could take me in a wheelbarrow race but let us throw down and it's over. No contest. It's been quite awhile, but I'm a destroyer. Hemi is a gentle giant. And an oaf.

Ya know I never thought of it like that. You might be correct, especially after seeing what you did to Patrick Swayze.

Vantucky Hawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1iikkkbi said:

Well said BFS

The Radish

Reaction score
I'm thinking if we counted "oafs" in just this page of this string I can see at least 3.

:roll:

Don't bad mouth those Colville folks Leif there are some bad bastards up there.

Course there's a big hippy community there also,,,,,,,,,

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Get real. I coud take Hemifed straight up-with Jordan and his twin Bob Newhart clinging to my ankles. All the while mocking Patrick Swayze and carrying TorontoMarkyMark on my back.

That's right!

The Radish

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3gbpu255 said:
Get real. I coud take Hemifed straight up-with Jordan and his twin Bob Newhart clinging to my ankles. All the while mocking Patrick Swayze and carrying TorontoMarkyMark on my back.

That's right!

Now that's where I got screwed up. I thought you said you were carrying TorontoMarkyMark on your face.

sorry.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Radish":23k7l9yw said:
I'm thinking if we counted "oafs" in just this page of this string I can see at least 3.

:roll:

Don't bad mouth those Colville folks Leif there are some bad bastards up there.

Course there's a big hippy community there also,,,,,,,,,
Haha, I'm a Colville bastard, born and raised. Eff them hippies, though.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
seahawk2k":dq8xgkql said:
I've seen a fair share of violence at Seahawks games over the years. At the Raiders home game in 99 a brawl spread over an entire section. I used to sit up in the Hawks Nest and saw things like this on a weekly basis. Most of the time it was one drunk idiot screaming at another drunk idiot. That said, I haven't seen any fights over the last couple of years, but it seems to me the crowd has become a little more intense and alcohol fueled than when we were mediocre and no one cared (1992-2002). I think its a newer type of fan that pulls this.

Its never ok to get in a kids face and scream profanities at them and I have literally never seen this happen at a Seahawks game. However, if it did happen, thats unfortunate.

I think the writer of the letter might be blowing things out of proportion, and if the Niners had won, I'm willing to bet her feelings would be different. And honestly, 36 people in a crew and your horrified that your getting crap? However, kids should be off limits and I've never got all the macho bs and fighting that occurs at a sporting event. Its like "I'm tougher than you because the team I support is beating you"?? Really??

I flip opposing fans a decent amount of crap if they want to dish some out. Most of the time, I question the depth of their fandom, flipping them off and telling them to F themselves just doesn't do it for me. But challenging their knowledge of their teams history and calling them front runners is always fun.

People always blame alcohol, but, in my extensive experience with the substance in question, I've learned that the people that act like dicks when they are drunk, act like dicks when they are sober. I went to hawks games and was a dick before I even could legally drink, why? Because I was a dick. Alcohol amplifies whats already there, that's it.

The fight you're speaking of in 99 went right into us, and I had to protect my mother for her life. No lie. I was much bigger and stronger then. Now.... I'd probably have a heart attack and die if I saw something like that happen. I was 26 then and in my prime, but still scared to death, because it was literally the whole section moving like a wave up toward us and then engulfing us. It was horrible.

I also saw two full on multi-person fistfights on the concourse with Seahawks fans on Seahawks fans, King County and Seattle City police walking right by like they didn't see anything, and Gary Payton getting lost trying to find his luxury box and repeatedly circling the 100 level concourse with about 20 other guys hooting and hollering. It was cool to see him, but the rest of what I saw was disgusting and I was humiliated.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
SharkHawk":242s9ir9 said:
seahawk2k":242s9ir9 said:
I've seen a fair share of violence at Seahawks games over the years. At the Raiders home game in 99 a brawl spread over an entire section. I used to sit up in the Hawks Nest and saw things like this on a weekly basis. Most of the time it was one drunk idiot screaming at another drunk idiot. That said, I haven't seen any fights over the last couple of years, but it seems to me the crowd has become a little more intense and alcohol fueled than when we were mediocre and no one cared (1992-2002). I think its a newer type of fan that pulls this.

Its never ok to get in a kids face and scream profanities at them and I have literally never seen this happen at a Seahawks game. However, if it did happen, thats unfortunate.

I think the writer of the letter might be blowing things out of proportion, and if the Niners had won, I'm willing to bet her feelings would be different. And honestly, 36 people in a crew and your horrified that your getting crap? However, kids should be off limits and I've never got all the macho bs and fighting that occurs at a sporting event. Its like "I'm tougher than you because the team I support is beating you"?? Really??

I flip opposing fans a decent amount of crap if they want to dish some out. Most of the time, I question the depth of their fandom, flipping them off and telling them to F themselves just doesn't do it for me. But challenging their knowledge of their teams history and calling them front runners is always fun.

People always blame alcohol, but, in my extensive experience with the substance in question, I've learned that the people that act like dicks when they are drunk, act like dicks when they are sober. I went to hawks games and was a dick before I even could legally drink, why? Because I was a dick. Alcohol amplifies whats already there, that's it.

The fight you're speaking of in 99 went right into us, and I had to protect my mother for her life. No lie. I was much bigger and stronger then. Now.... I'd probably have a heart attack and die if I saw something like that happen. I was 26 then and in my prime, but still scared to death, because it was literally the whole section moving like a wave up toward us and then engulfing us. It was horrible.

I also saw two full on multi-person fistfights on the concourse with Seahawks fans on Seahawks fans, King County and Seattle City police walking right by like they didn't see anything, and Gary Payton getting lost trying to find his luxury box and repeatedly circling the 100 level concourse with about 20 other guys hooting and hollering. It was cool to see him, but the rest of what I saw was disgusting and I was humiliated.

I was in the section over, I was 14, and terrified that it was going to spill over. Saw fights in the Hawks Nest like that, including one where the were trying to arrest a guy and tazed him and he was still fighting them as he tumbled down ten rows of seats.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Sorry you had to see that man. It was messed up. I've tried to describe it to people before, and they think I'm making it up or I somehow misremembered how it happened. It was absolutely insane. The only thing that would be close in my life at a sporting event was when Miami came to BYU at #1 and BYU beat them. We rushed the field. I was about 17 or so and my brother was I think 12 or 13. He was getting crushed by these waves of people on the field and I just started swinging. I landed punches on about 6-8 people as he was going to the ground under the wave and I was able to pick him up and put him on my shoulders as a circle cleared around him and I was able to lift him out. It was insane. Our fault for going on the field, but people see a little kid getting crushed and just keep moving. Nobody stops. I'd been at an AC/DC concert around the same time and saw a couple of people get crunched to death against a barrier at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City. I just kept having that vision going through my head. Yuck. Instinct takes over.

I think instinct is much different than just being an ass. I guess that's why I just don't attend games anymore. I don't want to be in any more situations where I feel like I have to save somebody's life. It has happened twice at football games and once at a soccer game. That's enough for me.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":19kl9xid said:
Interesting. And perty dern tough ya ask me. I'd love to hear the, Best. Fight. Story. :shock: :th2thumbs:

Dad blast it. I was hoping to hear the BFS.

Guess i'll catch ya in another thread.

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
In the end, it is a sport. I will never understand going crazy against anyone over any of the sports I love. Sure, it is all fun and games to trash talk with your friends at work, school, at the games but to take it beyond that is dumb.

I actually like what they do at overseas soccer matches. There are specific away sections at the stadiums to lower the chance of dumb things like this. It is actually cool as if you enjoy traveling to see your team than you can be among your fellow supporters trying to cheer your team in enemy territory. :th2thumbs:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I was running some errands today. I was wearing my old-school Seahawks jacket. I was perusing the local Goodwill for deals when another shopper spoke to me out of the blue. It took me a second to realize it, but this kid (about 13 or 14) said to me, "Go Niners!" After a second, I recognized that he was responding to my 'Hawks gear and I laughed.

Then I said, "Not last week, they didn't," and kept walking. He said something about liking the Patriots. I said over my shoulder, "Yeah. They're a good team," and walked away. The kid was weird. He might have been autistic for all I know. Doesn't matter to me what his deal was. I went about my business.

That's how I think MOST Seahawks fans would handle that. SOME a-holes are not as level-headed. Some people get drunk and use it as an excuse to act beastly. Assaulting children? Deplorable. Blame booze? Grow up. I've been drunk about a bazillion times and I have not assaulted anyone, ever. Not one person. Know why? 'Cause I'm a peaceful m'er-f'er.

My question regarding this Times thing is, why believe any of it? Even if this email is from a real person, why should I be expected to believe it? It is an uncorroborated account.

I could write an email to any newspaper anywhere, right now, claiming anything. So could you. There's no substantiated evidence to back up this email. When I studied journalism in the early '90s, that would never fly. We were not allowed to print anything unless it was supported by independent sources ON RECORD. Nowadays, printing 'emails' like this are nothing more than easily obscured editorial opinion. For all we know an angry 9ers fan made that up, or a newbie reporter doctored it to get something printed. I am not saying the events did not - or did - happen, but I refuse to believe ANYTHING I read that is not corroborated by other independent witnesses.

I am NOT in support of verbally assaulting children. I encourage any Seahawks fan witnessing the type of behavior outlined in this email to step up and discourage it. Profane, angry, and violent behavior is completely unnecessary. If I see it, I will speak out against it. But I will not buy into unsubstantiated claims that the 12th Man as a whole, or alcohol as a whole, is evil, bad, or wrong.

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
On the flip side, I just read this at the Seahawks group on facebook. It shows that not all people are obviously bad.

**Friendly Fire For A Lazy Saturday**

A Heartwarming Story about the 12th Man..(In case you read all about it in the Times!)

After reading the story about the San Fran Lady who was "mistreated" by Seahawks fans at the 9er game, I thought about how great of an experience I had when I took 3 of my 4 kids (left the 2 year old home, for obvious reason), my wife and I, and 14 other members of our Church (including the Pastor, a huge Vikings fan raised in Iowa) to the Vikings game.

We arrived early, and enjoyed the Fan zone, Blue Thunder, and all of the great events offered before the game. My oldest son, 13, got hurt, so my wife took him to a 1st aid station, where he was well taken care of.

My 12 year old daughter and 6 year old son and I decided to walk around outside the stadium and check out Blue Thunder's outside show.
As we were walking towards the gate, a woman tapped me on the shoulder and asked "Sir, is this your little boy?", I thought I was holding his hand, but it was my daughter's (Bad Dad, I was paying too much attention to the great things around me), and I thought that they had found my son wandering around.

That was not the case, as he was right next to me. I told her that it was, and she then introduced me to her husband, and her son, who was about 9. She explained that they only made it over for 1 game a year, and that her son had just bought a Brand new Seahawks coat.
She reached into her bag, and asked if I minded if they gave his old one (only worn 3 times) to my son, and to see if it fit. Of course it fit, with at least another year of growth to enjoy for next year. They gave us a hug, and walked off. That same coat was 120 dollars at the Pro Shop, and I could not have afforded that.

My son will never forget that day.

His first Seahawks Game of his life.

We went to Training Camp last summer and got a bunch of autographs, including his Richard Sherman jersey, that Richard pulled him over the barrier to sign.

And here were some awesome Hawks fans to go above and beyond to make it a great experience.

Maybe I should send that to the Seattle Times.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm with you Shark. This kind of thing should have zero tolerance and should be taken seriously, but as this thread illustrates, that is far from the case. I haven't been going to games as long as you have, but I would agree that it feels like it is getting worse over time. It's possible that woman was exaggerating in her story (women tend to exaggerate when it comes to fear/anxiety), but if it's even close to accurate, it sounds like we might not be far off from having acts of violence at our games just like they already have in LA and SF.

Based on my own experience at our home games, I find her story to be totally believable. It's basically like the world's rowdiest bar minus the bouncer, and that brings out a very ugly side to a surprisingly high number of people. Zowert's estimate sounded about right to me.

uncle fester

Reaction score
So a woman goes to an opponent's stadium wearing team colours and had people swear at her.

Is that it?

Seriously?

Yes, having a dig at the kid is wrong but you can bet your arse if the mother wasn't there, that kid would be swearing like a trooper along with his friends.

She must've lead a life wrapped in cotton wool to find that experience distressing.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
For those who are saying "I want opposing fans to feel uncomfortable", the best way for that to happen has nnothing to do with you, the Seahawks winning will take care of that.

Latest posts