Speaking of idiots: People throwing stuff onto the field

Steve2222

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":2xtg724e said:
Steve2222":2xtg724e said:
That guy that threw the beer bootle was my cousin lol. I was on the opposite side of the stadium.

And I don't get how the Seahawks could get penalized for that. What's from stopping a 49ers fan from throwing the bottle resulting in it penalizing the home team. It wouldn't be a penalty, it would be an ejection from the game of the fan.

There's a rule on the books, it hardly ever gets used for the reason you stated, but if too much stuff ends up on the field you better believe the ref will issue the 15yd penalty. Unsportsman like conduct on the crowd is a real thing that exists. Tell your cousin to not be a douchenozzle and smarten up.
Well hell we need to get some Seahawks fans together at an away game and start throwing things on the field. And I'm not condoning throwing stuff on the field, it is stupid I agree. But that was the play Chancellor laid wood on VD, an absolutely terrible terrible penalty. Sf Sea games are always rowdy. Lighten up a bit, it's a passionate sport.

Not like batteries were being thrown.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Steve2222":18ysi16r said:
Navyhawkfan187":18ysi16r said:
Steve2222":18ysi16r said:
That guy that threw the beer bootle was my cousin lol. I was on the opposite side of the stadium.

And I don't get how the Seahawks could get penalized for that. What's from stopping a 49ers fan from throwing the bottle resulting in it penalizing the home team. It wouldn't be a penalty, it would be an ejection from the game of the fan.

There's a rule on the books, it hardly ever gets used for the reason you stated, but if too much stuff ends up on the field you better believe the ref will issue the 15yd penalty. Unsportsman like conduct on the crowd is a real thing that exists. Tell your cousin to not be a douchenozzle and smarten up.
Well hell we need to get some Seahawks fans together at an away game and start throwing things on the field. And I'm not condoning throwing stuff on the field, it is stupid I agree. But that was the play Chancellor laid wood on VD, an absolutely terrible terrible penalty. Sf Sea games are always rowdy. Lighten up a bit, it's a passionate sport.

Not like batteries were being thrown.

It's a slippery slope you speak of...nothing should ever be thrown onto the field...your cousin would feel like an ass if someone somehow slipped on that bottle and injured themselves...wouldn't need to be a player...how about a camera guy trying to get a good shot? The fact is that the rule is on the books and it can be used so why even tempt it? At that point the game was very much still to be decided, why risk giving SF another freebie? Passion is ok, passion unchecked gets fans in SF stabbed at games for no good reason. We should all hold ourselves to a higher standard than that.

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score

Agreed here. Your cousin is an ass, and i hope he was singled out and told to chill. People are throwing stuff in an effort to hit a ref, which is attempting to hurt someone (one was a full bottle of beer). No excuse for this as a fan.

Steve2222

Reaction score
RockHawk":18s3y1d9 said:

Agreed here. Your cousin is an ass, and i hope he was singled out and told to chill. People are throwing stuff in an effort to hit a ref, which is attempting to hurt someone (one was a full bottle of beer). No excuse for this as a fan.

Again not condoning it. His wasn't full by the way he wouldn't waste a $7 beer like that. You guys better be upset at people throwing packs of skittles on the field too. It's the same thing.

And again I'd never throw something on the field nor encourage it. Buts there's way worse things you could do as a fan.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Throwing skittles to our star player in love and congratulations is not the same thing as a drunken anus tossing a delicious beverage in outrage at a bad call.

I hope he was in the first row 'cause if he does it again he better hope he gets kicked out or some fans showered by his stupidity are going to beat his ass.
See post about obnoxious fans.

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":oheky3gs said:
RockHawk":oheky3gs said:

Again not condoning it. His wasn't full by the way he wouldn't waste a $7 beer like that. You guys better be upset at people throwing packs of skittles on the field too. It's the same thing.

And again I'd never throw something on the field nor encourage it. Buts there's way worse things you could do as a fan.

Actually I agree with the Skittles. not only because it might make a player slip if it's opened, but mostly because it's tired and old by now. Move on.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":12xdjige said:
Throwing skittles to our star player in love and congratulations is not the same thing as a drunken anus tossing a delicious beverage in outrage at a bad call.

I hope he was in the first row 'cause if he does it again he better hope he gets kicked out or some fans showered by his stupidity are going to beat his ass.
See post about obnoxious fans.

Beer bottle was empty that my cousin threw.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
True story. My 'ol lady and I were up in the nose bleed section chillin' at the game connoisseuring some of the finer $42.00 a six pac spirits when she gets a little giddy with me and wants to take a ride on the shoulders, fellas, I am so down with this. Hell yeah baby, hop on! I says, we were jammin like it was a dead concert and all is good till you lose center of gravity and there's no turning back and she does a half gainer over three rows of backs of seats. Mid craniul, lower back, and calf contusions being damned, she dusted the peanut shells off of herself, we replaced any misplaced barley pops, all was good, and no refs or players were ever injured.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Marshawn has asked people to not throw skittles...it makes it hard to clean the field and guys CAN trip on slippery sugar dots. :0190l:

If someone's got a bunch of extra skittles I have a meetup with a diabetes that I can use the extra support to get to :p :sarcasm_off: