Speaking of idiots: People throwing stuff onto the field

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Last game when the refs made a bad call, we saw at least 4 or 5 beer bottles being thrown down onto the field from the North Endzone/HawksNest area. This pisses me off to no end. As Todd said in another topic, we're better than that 12th man.

And if you're in a section and see someone below you throw something, you damn well better put a stop to it either by peer pressure (yell at them to cut that s**t out and the rest of your section will follow, trust me) or utilize the ushers to get them out of the game.

I was seriously worried about getting a 15 yard penalty when I saw the first ones fly, and then someone threw another beer a few minutes later at a back judge at the back of our endzone. He looked back at the crowd and his hand went to his flag. If I saw who did it, and we got a 15 yarder because of it, you're damn right I'd have taken care of them one way or another.

So don't allow this crap to happen guys. That's all.
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

• This actually pisses me off more then a few people getting verbally "abused". Sticks and stones people. Words dont mean shit but when it comes to violence or throwing objects people can get hurt, and there's no reason in the world for anybody to get hurt over a damn football game. Its entertainment. Nothing more.

Personally, i'd be perfectly fine if they stopped selling any alcohol at sporting events. (but then I dont drink, so its easy for me to say)
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Thankfully they made the switch to plastic bottles for this very reason.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:This actually pisses me off more then a few people getting verbally "abused". Sticks and stones people. Words dont mean shit but when it comes to violence or throwing objects people can get hurt, and there's no reason in the world for anybody to get hurt over a damn football game. Its entertainment. Nothing more.

Personally, i'd be perfectly fine if they stopped selling any alcohol at sporting events. (but then I dont drink, so its easy for me to say)

Don't worry, loss of booze will never happen. Seahawks make about $2 million per game on beer and food just like the rest of the teams. Not likely they are going to let that revenue stream stop.

:roll:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Feel pretty powerless from my room, but I hear ya Mark. Ass wipes need to be dealt with!
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• When stuff like this happens, they will watch there Videos mark the seats and Flag the account owners... Stop selling tickets to bandwagon fans.

to truly fix this issue they need to not sell 100's of tickets to scalpers and let them KEEP there tickets when people get tossed out..
    They need to hold those accounts as accountable as they hold us too.

Pisses me off to know end.
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

• This topic continues to baffle me.

From my view, this was a well behaved crowd for a big game.
    My wife said it before I did near the end of the game.
    We only saw one fight and that was at the final whistle. (between 117 and 118 on the walkway.)

I'm in the corner (section 117, 5 seats above the walkway) with great douche fight views of the south and east end zones.

Cops had very little to do in our area until the very end.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

• 67,000 people in one place, there is bound to be some stupidity. Rock is right though, peer pressure is a great deterrent to throwing crap on the field. Stand up and say something.

It is funny to me that people have been having these complaints at the clink because I have very seldom seen anything like this from our fans. I have on quite a few times seen fans of other teams causing problems at the clink. Some 9ers, bears, raiders fans have all been horrible at times.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran

• Though it's been four years, douchey fans on other forums still like to use that YouTube video of 'Hawk fans throwing snowballs at Brett Favre/Jets. Anything and everything is caught on video now, so if one jackwagon throws a plastic bottle or interferes with a player, it makes everyone look really bad.

DohBoy
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

• Throwing anything but Skittles on the field is unacceptable. This isn't Philly or Oakland.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Not only is it stupid. But who the hell chucks ten dollar beers?
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *

• rastahawk wrote:Not only is it stupid. But who the hell chucks ten dollar beers?

Rich asswipes :roll:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• In Oakland years ago fans would bring dead flashlight batteries to throw. Small and weighty, makes a pretty effective projectile.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• ^^^ :187734: :censored: :thraidersux:

Thats right, Skittles :229031_thewave:( Lol They remind me of Skittles) is what I wanna see flyin but all that other stuff is nonsense. I like the peer pressure idea. I've only been honored to attend one game but when I'm able I will keep this subject in mind for my future games. Thank you RockHawk for the heads up.
    Last edited by garydrake425 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

• I was sitting on the 50 yard line I saw people throwing stuff, did not know what, but hopefully they are ejected, the more people get ejected from the game, the more bad behavior is stopped. I wish they announced in the stadium that people who are throwing stuff will get ejected.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

• In the immortal words of Sam Wyche:

"We're not Cleveland!"
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• When I saw the Hawks in Cleveland, their fans were throwing batteries, yes batteries, at the Hawks fans walking down the isles. At the Chicago regular season game I went to in 06, ppl were throwing FULL cans of beer.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• seahawks08 wrote:I was sitting on the 50 yard line I saw people throwing stuff, did not know what, but hopefully they are ejected, the more people get ejected from the game, the more bad behavior is stopped. I wish they announced in the stadium that people who are throwing stuff will get ejected.

I'd go one step further by announcing something like, act like an idiot and throw stuff, and you will be tazed and ejected, otherwise, have a great day and enjoy the safe family oriented environment here at the Clink. :16:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• That guy that threw the beer bootle was my cousin lol. I was on the opposite side of the stadium.

And I don't get how the Seahawks could get penalized for that. What's from stopping a 49ers fan from throwing the bottle resulting in it penalizing the home team. It wouldn't be a penalty, it would be an ejection from the game of the fan.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:That guy that threw the beer bootle was my cousin lol. I was on the opposite side of the stadium.

And I don't get how the Seahawks could get penalized for that. What's from stopping a 49ers fan from throwing the bottle resulting in it penalizing the home team. It wouldn't be a penalty, it would be an ejection from the game of the fan.

There's a rule on the books, it hardly ever gets used for the reason you stated, but if too much stuff ends up on the field you better believe the ref will issue the 15yd penalty. Unsportsman like conduct on the crowd is a real thing that exists. Tell your cousin to not be a douchenozzle and smarten up.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:That guy that threw the beer bootle was my cousin lol. I was on the opposite side of the stadium.

There's a rule on the books, it hardly ever gets used for the reason you stated, but if too much stuff ends up on the field you better believe the ref will issue the 15yd penalty. Unsportsman like conduct on the crowd is a real thing that exists. Tell your cousin to not be a douchenozzle and smarten up.

Well hell we need to get some Seahawks fans together at an away game and start throwing things on the field. And I'm not condoning throwing stuff on the field, it is stupid I agree. But that was the play Chancellor laid wood on VD, an absolutely terrible terrible penalty. Sf Sea games are always rowdy. Lighten up a bit, it's a passionate sport.

Not like batteries were being thrown.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:
    Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:That guy that threw the beer bootle was my cousin lol. I was on the opposite side of the stadium.

Well hell we need to get some Seahawks fans together at an away game and start throwing things on the field. And I'm not condoning throwing stuff on the field, it is stupid I agree. But that was the play Chancellor laid wood on VD, an absolutely terrible terrible penalty. Sf Sea games are always rowdy. Lighten up a bit, it's a passionate sport.

Not like batteries were being thrown.

It's a slippery slope you speak of...nothing should ever be thrown onto the field...your cousin would feel like an ass if someone somehow slipped on that bottle and injured themselves...wouldn't need to be a player...how about a camera guy trying to get a good shot? The fact is that the rule is on the books and it can be used so why even tempt it? At that point the game was very much still to be decided, why risk giving SF another freebie? Passion is ok, passion unchecked gets fans in SF stabbed at games for no good reason. We should all hold ourselves to a higher standard than that.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• [quote="Steve2222"][/quote]

Agreed here. Your cousin is an ass, and i hope he was singled out and told to chill. People are throwing stuff in an effort to hit a ref, which is attempting to hurt someone (one was a full bottle of beer). No excuse for this as a fan.
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

• RockHawk wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:

Agreed here. Your cousin is an ass, and i hope he was singled out and told to chill. People are throwing stuff in an effort to hit a ref, which is attempting to hurt someone (one was a full bottle of beer). No excuse for this as a fan.

Again not condoning it. His wasn't full by the way he wouldn't waste a $7 beer like that. You guys better be upset at people throwing packs of skittles on the field too. It's the same thing.

And again I'd never throw something on the field nor encourage it. Buts there's way worse things you could do as a fan.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Throwing skittles to our star player in love and congratulations is not the same thing as a drunken anus tossing a delicious beverage in outrage at a bad call.

I hope he was in the first row 'cause if he does it again he better hope he gets kicked out or some fans showered by his stupidity are going to beat his ass.
    See post about obnoxious fans.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• Steve2222 wrote:
    RockHawk wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:

Again not condoning it. His wasn't full by the way he wouldn't waste a $7 beer like that. You guys better be upset at people throwing packs of skittles on the field too. It's the same thing.

And again I'd never throw something on the field nor encourage it. Buts there's way worse things you could do as a fan.

Actually I agree with the Skittles. not only because it might make a player slip if it's opened, but mostly because it's tired and old by now. Move on.
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

• Hawk Strap wrote:Throwing skittles to our star player in love and congratulations is not the same thing as a drunken anus tossing a delicious beverage in outrage at a bad call.

I hope he was in the first row 'cause if he does it again he better hope he gets kicked out or some fans showered by his stupidity are going to beat his ass.
    See post about obnoxious fans.

Beer bottle was empty that my cousin threw.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• True story. My 'ol lady and I were up in the nose bleed section chillin' at the game connoisseuring some of the finer $42.00 a six pac spirits when she gets a little giddy with me and wants to take a ride on the shoulders, fellas, I am so down with this. Hell yeah baby, hop on! I says, we were jammin like it was a dead concert and all is good till you lose center of gravity and there's no turning back and she does a half gainer over three rows of backs of seats. Mid craniul, lower back, and calf contusions being damned, she dusted the peanut shells off of herself, we replaced any misplaced barley pops, all was good, and no refs or players were ever injured.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Marshawn has asked people to not throw skittles...it makes it hard to clean the field and guys CAN trip on slippery sugar dots. :0190l:

If someone's got a bunch of extra skittles I have a meetup with a diabetes that I can use the extra support to get to :P :sarcasm_off:
    Founding Father of the Bevell-Be-Gone Movement

Currently riding SHOTGUN on the Russell Wilson bandwagon.

Renton Chapter Seahawkers Booster Club
    Section 316 @ CenturyLink Field

Kuendelea Mwewe - Go Hawks
    SilkMonkey
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information