Every Bad Call in the Green Bay Vs Seattle game

Axx

Reaction score
[youtube]IAP4FUx5QHk[/youtube]

There is alot more bad calls then went in GreenBays way, and some went our way also.

But i felt like GreenBay got all the big breaks though.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
JSeahawks":34req9ys said:
No offense. But who cares?

You might go easy on this relatively new poster, JSeahawks. There are some folk who take a little longer for the "lights to come on". You and I have beat on this subject all September and October.

OP
OP
Axx

Axx

Reaction score
JSeahawks":23i0c0os said:

Just thought it was interesting on how the media in general cries about the Fail Mary but there is clearly benefiting from bad calls through out the entire game.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I had to listen to a Packer fan whining about the inter-catch yesterday, and another earlier today. The subject hasn't exactly been swept under the fridge. On a positive note, both said they didn't want to play us again, even at Lambeau.

Thanks for the contribution Axx. Clearly your intentions were good.

dunceface

Reaction score
Nobody is gonna spin it this way even though it's the truth
No one will believe UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE!!!

bellingerga

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3tobcr1v said:

If we would have lost that game I'd say damn near everybody around here would STILL care. it was a horribly officiated game from start to finish, not just 1 play.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
i find it really interesting, especially as playoff seeding is being decided and I keep hearing the gripe of the unhappy Packer fans, who think they have been ripped off out of the #1 seed and blah blah blah. I don't know what their complaint is still.

I still have no respect for the "real refs" for not saying anything to defend the refs who stepped in and have had their lives threatened. Either they thought they did a bad job and are grateful for making them look good and getting them their contract, or they feel that all refs have a hard job and will make mistakes and it isn't worth threatening somebody's life over. Just shows the lack of class in the Ed Hochuli and Mike Carey's of the world. I can't wait until their next contract is up and they get locked out permanently like baseball did a few years back. It was great. The umps all busted their union and handed in their resignations. Baseball pulled a fast one and accepted resignations of the umps that they felt had done a poor job and put themselves in the spotlight too much, and then refused the resignations of the umps that were still younger, had some upside, and weren't always interjecting themselves into the game. Hopefully this happens with football and a lot of these fools get scrapped and we can start over with some good athletes who understand the game, played the game (I say at least college level players), and have to pass physical fitness testing like soccer refs have to. They are tested frequently, and if they can't run a certain amount of distance in a certain amount of time (they typically have to cover between 7-10 miles in a game) then they are suspended. If they fail a fitness test again then they are sacked.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
And watching that highlght video showed me just how bad of a game Gruden had. I think he forgot that he wasn't a coach for the Packers anymore. It's almost hilarious how a really interesting roughing the passer is called on Bobby Wagner as he shoots through the line and is getting pushed to the ground and wraps up Rodgers legs. Gruden says "You have to call that every time, when you go low on a QB, that's a penalty every single time." Then of course RW throws an INT and #93 does the exact same thing, only MORE blatant (he's not getting pushed, he just launches into Russ's knee) and then Gruden just seems confused by the call with all of this, "I don't know about that" and "Harumppph" bullcrap. It is pretty interesting how his thoughts on certain calls seem to morph depending on who the call is on and how he feels at that particular moment. I didn't notice it as much until I saw them clumped together, but he is obviously switching up his opinion within the very same game on what is and what isn't a penalty "every time".

ariel9302

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3fmb8id9 said:
JSeahawks":3fmb8id9 said:

You might go easy on this relatively new poster, JSeahawks. There are some folk who take a little longer for the "lights to come on". You and I have beat on this subject all September and October.

I care. it was a good post, sorry to the 'elite' who have spent so much more of their time on the site. what did all that 'beating' of the subject get you back then? jeesh. hopefully all of your posts 3,200 posts ago were up to kearly's caliber or if they were not I hope you were dutifully chastised with highbrow comments to the pedigree of "lights coming on" douschebaggery.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2jmpubtx said:
i find it really interesting, especially as playoff seeding is being decided and I keep hearing the gripe of the unhappy Packer fans, who think they have been ripped off out of the #1 seed and blah blah blah. I don't know what their complaint is still.

I still have no respect for the "real refs" for not saying anything to defend the refs who stepped in and have had their lives threatened. Either they thought they did a bad job and are grateful for making them look good and getting them their contract, or they feel that all refs have a hard job and will make mistakes and it isn't worth threatening somebody's life over. Just shows the lack of class in the Ed Hochuli and Mike Carey's of the world. I can't wait until their next contract is up and they get locked out permanently like baseball did a few years back. It was great. The umps all busted their union and handed in their resignations. Baseball pulled a fast one and accepted resignations of the umps that they felt had done a poor job and put themselves in the spotlight too much, and then refused the resignations of the umps that were still younger, had some upside, and weren't always interjecting themselves into the game. Hopefully this happens with football and a lot of these fools get scrapped and we can start over with some good athletes who understand the game, played the game (I say at least college level players), and have to pass physical fitness testing like soccer refs have to. They are tested frequently, and if they can't run a certain amount of distance in a certain amount of time (they typically have to cover between 7-10 miles in a game) then they are suspended. If they fail a fitness test again then they are sacked.

Agreed. There's is a physically demanding job. Not intended for bank managers and the likes. The NBA officials blow a whistle every time they need a blow. The fans deserve better.

The NFL should grab ex olympians from around the globe. Obviously English speakers. Train them every nuance of the game, then plug them in, paying them based on performance and accuracy of calls. This way they can actually keep up with the action and there should no bias ie: line judge that grew up in Pittsburgh (etc.). It's a thought. Perhaps not a good one but....

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1sr0xb6e said:
JSeahawks":1sr0xb6e said:

Jeez dude, did somebody pee in your cornflakes this morning?

Naw, Geek. He just eats his cornflakes that way, nasty i know, but whatcha gonna do.

Cut the OP some slack J.

Just because he ain't got 50,000,000 posts yet, doesn't mean his question isn't valid. You should know that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Forget Goldengate, it should have been the other 59 minutes of the game that cost the replacement refs their job.

HawkWow

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":a8f770el said:
Forget Goldengate, it should have been the other 59 minutes of the game that cost the replacement refs their job.

...Not to mention the Packers the game. Like I told my Packer bros, you let Rodgers get sacked 8 times in 30 minutes, don't act stunned in defeat. They actually agreed. Lombardi would have told all involved, esp. Rodgers, to STFU and play better football next time.