Every Bad Call in the Green Bay Vs Seattle game

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• There is alot more bad calls then went in GreenBays way, and some went our way also.

But i felt like GreenBay got all the big breaks though.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• No offense. But who cares?
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• water under bridge
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:No offense. But who cares?

You might go easy on this relatively new poster, JSeahawks. There are some folk who take a little longer for the "lights to come on". You and I have beat on this subject all September and October.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

:229031_shrug:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Just thought it was interesting on how the media in general cries about the Fail Mary but there is clearly benefiting from bad calls through out the entire game.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• This post is approximately 10 weeks late.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• Or 2-3 weeks early. If Hawks end up going up against the Packers in the playoffs, this topic will be THE Story!
    It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
    In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that
    Will I
    NET Rookie

• I had to listen to a Packer fan whining about the inter-catch yesterday, and another earlier today. The subject hasn't exactly been swept under the fridge. On a positive note, both said they didn't want to play us again, even at Lambeau.

Thanks for the contribution Axx. Clearly your intentions were good.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Nobody is gonna spin it this way even though it's the truth
    No one will believe UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE!!!
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

If we would have lost that game I'd say damn near everybody around here would STILL care. it was a horribly officiated game from start to finish, not just 1 play.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• i find it really interesting, especially as playoff seeding is being decided and I keep hearing the gripe of the unhappy Packer fans, who think they have been ripped off out of the #1 seed and blah blah blah. I don't know what their complaint is still.

I still have no respect for the "real refs" for not saying anything to defend the refs who stepped in and have had their lives threatened. Either they thought they did a bad job and are grateful for making them look good and getting them their contract, or they feel that all refs have a hard job and will make mistakes and it isn't worth threatening somebody's life over. Just shows the lack of class in the Ed Hochuli and Mike Carey's of the world. I can't wait until their next contract is up and they get locked out permanently like baseball did a few years back. It was great. The umps all busted their union and handed in their resignations. Baseball pulled a fast one and accepted resignations of the umps that they felt had done a poor job and put themselves in the spotlight too much, and then refused the resignations of the umps that were still younger, had some upside, and weren't always interjecting themselves into the game. Hopefully this happens with football and a lot of these fools get scrapped and we can start over with some good athletes who understand the game, played the game (I say at least college level players), and have to pass physical fitness testing like soccer refs have to. They are tested frequently, and if they can't run a certain amount of distance in a certain amount of time (they typically have to cover between 7-10 miles in a game) then they are suspended. If they fail a fitness test again then they are sacked.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• And watching that highlght video showed me just how bad of a game Gruden had. I think he forgot that he wasn't a coach for the Packers anymore. It's almost hilarious how a really interesting roughing the passer is called on Bobby Wagner as he shoots through the line and is getting pushed to the ground and wraps up Rodgers legs. Gruden says "You have to call that every time, when you go low on a QB, that's a penalty every single time." Then of course RW throws an INT and #93 does the exact same thing, only MORE blatant (he's not getting pushed, he just launches into Russ's knee) and then Gruden just seems confused by the call with all of this, "I don't know about that" and "Harumppph" bullcrap. It is pretty interesting how his thoughts on certain calls seem to morph depending on who the call is on and how he feels at that particular moment. I didn't notice it as much until I saw them clumped together, but he is obviously switching up his opinion within the very same game on what is and what isn't a penalty "every time".
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Jeez dude, did somebody pee in your cornflakes this morning?
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• Bigpumpkin wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:No offense. But who cares?

You might go easy on this relatively new poster, JSeahawks. There are some folk who take a little longer for the "lights to come on". You and I have beat on this subject all September and October.

I care. it was a good post, sorry to the 'elite' who have spent so much more of their time on the site. what did all that 'beating' of the subject get you back then? jeesh. hopefully all of your posts 3,200 posts ago were up to kearly's caliber or if they were not I hope you were dutifully chastised with highbrow comments to the pedigree of "lights coming on" douschebaggery.
    ariel9302
    NET Veteran

• SharkHawk wrote:i find it really interesting, especially as playoff seeding is being decided and I keep hearing the gripe of the unhappy Packer fans, who think they have been ripped off out of the #1 seed and blah blah blah. I don't know what their complaint is still.

I still have no respect for the "real refs" for not saying anything to defend the refs who stepped in and have had their lives threatened. Either they thought they did a bad job and are grateful for making them look good and getting them their contract, or they feel that all refs have a hard job and will make mistakes and it isn't worth threatening somebody's life over. Just shows the lack of class in the Ed Hochuli and Mike Carey's of the world. I can't wait until their next contract is up and they get locked out permanently like baseball did a few years back. It was great. The umps all busted their union and handed in their resignations. Baseball pulled a fast one and accepted resignations of the umps that they felt had done a poor job and put themselves in the spotlight too much, and then refused the resignations of the umps that were still younger, had some upside, and weren't always interjecting themselves into the game. Hopefully this happens with football and a lot of these fools get scrapped and we can start over with some good athletes who understand the game, played the game (I say at least college level players), and have to pass physical fitness testing like soccer refs have to. They are tested frequently, and if they can't run a certain amount of distance in a certain amount of time (they typically have to cover between 7-10 miles in a game) then they are suspended. If they fail a fitness test again then they are sacked.

Agreed. There's is a physically demanding job. Not intended for bank managers and the likes. The NBA officials blow a whistle every time they need a blow. The fans deserve better.

The NFL should grab ex olympians from around the globe. Obviously English speakers. Train them every nuance of the game, then plug them in, paying them based on performance and accuracy of calls. This way they can actually keep up with the action and there should no bias ie: line judge that grew up in Pittsburgh (etc.). It's a thought. Perhaps not a good one but....
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• GeekHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:No offense. But who cares?

Jeez dude, did somebody pee in your cornflakes this morning?

Naw, Geek. He just eats his cornflakes that way, nasty i know, but whatcha gonna do.

Cut the OP some slack J.

Just because he ain't got 50,000,000 posts yet, doesn't mean his question isn't valid. You should know that.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Forget Goldengate, it should have been the other 59 minutes of the game that cost the replacement refs their job.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Forget Goldengate, it should have been the other 59 minutes of the game that cost the replacement refs their job.

...Not to mention the Packers the game. Like I told my Packer bros, you let Rodgers get sacked 8 times in 30 minutes, don't act stunned in defeat. They actually agreed. Lombardi would have told all involved, esp. Rodgers, to STFU and play better football next time.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Just goes to show, the ball don't lie. We should've won anyway.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• The whole "Jennings has the ball to his body" thing always bothers me. There's no where in the rule book that says a player can have more possession than another during any sort of simultaneous catch. If someone wants to argue that Tate doesn't have any bit of possession, fine, but it's just such an odd point to keep hammering home for something that isn't relevant. Either possession is simultaneous or it's not. Not to rehash that, but I haven't watched anything beyond just the catch since MNF. Whatever anyone thinks about that play, the commentators are making a somewhat misleading point that really sets the tone for public perception.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• Simultanious possession with the offensive player (Tate's) feet touching first, touchdown. Plain and simple. The east coast media fomented a bias and what employee wishes to travel against that grain? None. But really, who gives a shit?

We all we got, We all we need.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Gruden didn't help. He was off all game. Methinks he still has a bit o' Packer love in him and was already setting the tone for "official union" NFL referee butt-kissing early in the season preparing for his triumphant return next year. He knows he's going to need a break or two, as he left on some bad terms with a few officials when he took his broadcasting job.

One thing about Collinsworth, is that I notice he isn't always right, but he doesn't seem to be kissing ref butt too hard. He did call them out on the Kam hit on VD last week, because he's not setting the stage for a coaching or GM position, but is still trying not to be too hard because they are there to make the league look good. I think he has found a happy medium. Gruden couldn't find a medium ground in that game. He can't handle close games either, because then he doesn't know what team to saddle up and ride all day either. Smart guy.... but gets a little too over the top when calling a game. Look at the video at the 5:17 or so mark and the call on Chancellor. Absolutely pathetic. Why that wasn't talked about for the next 6 weeks by the national media I'm not sure. I think all NFL refs should be REQUIRED to watch Chancellor play safety and see that this is how a safety plays within the rules and still gets bad calls against him and THIS is where refs need to adjust.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• The one thing I notice is that is sounds like a home game for the Packers and listening to the announcers perform fellatio to all things Green Bay.-Browner made some outstanding plays that won that game for us.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information